Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 1:49 pm

i'm 19 this yr.. still go back to and fro when i'm studying.. staying in taman molek.. you? [/quote]

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 1:58 pm

Sokeai wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I got thru the first hurdle! I'm shortlisted and my interview will take place at STC on the 27 December at 3pm!! *phew*

Anyone same time slot as me?

First hurdle down, more to come!! GAMBATEI!!

For those who havent recieve the e-mail, I suggest you send your application form again during working hours :D
pinlittlefigure: Gratz pink! I just gotten a reply from them, time slot is on 27 Dec at 2.15pm! Anyone wanna go down together? :D

hihi my time slot is 145pm.
where do u stay? =D

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 1:59 pm

yingying2888 wrote:i'm 19 this yr.. still go back to and fro when i'm studying.. staying in taman molek.. you?
[/quote]

I'm staying in Taman Perling and I'm working now. I send my application form on Friday night and I send another one today morning. I recieve the email ard 10am this morning. Dont worry! I believe you can get shortlisted too! Send during office hours will have a better chance i guess cos their email are always on at work! :D

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 2:09 pm

haha.. do u go back?

i sent mine on thur midnight and just send them one again. hopefully they will reply me real soon.. :?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 2:17 pm

yingying2888 wrote:haha.. do u go back?

i sent mine on thur midnight and just send them one again. hopefully they will reply me real soon.. :?
I dont commute cos I'm working in JB now but I go into Singapore every weekend :D

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 2:25 pm

i see.. i should have sent them earlier.. hai.. today is half day too..

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 2:30 pm

yingying2888 wrote:i see.. i should have sent them earlier.. hai.. today is half day too..
Dont worry! There is Wednesday! Wake up early in the morning to send the email!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

skin check

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 2:57 pm

sorry but i am really curious..

were there any cases whereby they let one pass skin check even though her skin is not good? heard tat sometimes if u can manage to convince them that u are going to get your skin done.. they might let you pass.
is this true?

coz i'm currently under skin treatment withthe dermatologist and will not have good skin by thursday.
can i try to tell them whn the are doing the skin check?
any chances of getting thru after they understand the situation?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 3:43 pm

salvana wrote:xanngac,

u've been missing for a while heh?
Nyway, again... I juz wanna wish u all the best for ur upcoming interview.
Relax & remember to smile,k?
I'll b away from 24th... will b back on the 2nd wk of Jan'08.
So, wun b able to check on the forum during this time.... Nevertheless, all I want to hear.... or rather see is good news from u,k?

ben-yng,

keep the forum live,k?
wahahha... w/o me around... am sure the boat will still float heh?
I'll b back soon... wahahh.... Gheez... I can't imagine how many pages i gotta read to catch up wif u all... wahhaha... . :lol:

xmischax & all who'll be attending 27th write-in interview,

Wish u all the best...

for those who's yet to receive invitation from SIA,

duncha worry... juz give them & urself sometime....
eventhough there's no invitation from them... dun get panicky... juz prepare urself for the next upcoming walk-in on 27th Jan'08

Merry X'mas & Happy New year for all in advance~ :)
Hey dearie, all this X'mas thingy made me very busy hehe, that's why haven't been online for quite awhile. Thanks for your well wishes, I'll remember to smile and smile and smile no matter what haha. :)

I too hope to bring back some good news on Thursday. Getting very nervous as each day passes. Right now preparing for the interview questions, gonna ask my bf to practice with me so hopefully I'll be more prepared keke.

Merry X'mas and a Happy New Year to you and everyone else in this forum! :)
And so my journey begins... :)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 3:55 pm

...updates on the thurs interview.
Although i am not selected, but nonetheless best of luck....

Bring me good news ya*waiting*

MERRY XMAS everyone....

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 5:21 pm

ben-yng wrote:
caryssa wrote:
xmischax wrote: ohh no! i meant "older" as in have been on this forum for a long time, not as in age!

and no i'm not new, i've been around for almost a year, since christmas last year. lol

and there aren't alot who stayed this long! like, i only see venie, caryssa and chaiching who are still around since last year!
yea..mischa..all those 'older' members duno go whr d...haha... :lol:

ben-yng, everytime i read ur post, i cnt stop laughing..u r such a nice guy with great sense of humuor..will be great if we all can be colleagues in the air..hahaha...

ig i manage to get in, and you are same flight with me one day..i cant imagine what if i make you non-stop laughing even preparing beverages at behind, moreover laughing during serving customer..omg..i'm not suitable for this job lar~~

hehe dun woli, in real, i'm a boring woody guy that dunno how to smile, so dont judge me with my words lol, you will dissapoint..(if m that gd that great, i get in oledi lol)..

white.minicooper

Post by white.minicooper » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 6:49 pm

Acorna wrote:thanks.. the problem is the pic that i attached in the write in application is totally make-up less! no make up at all.. haha.. just hoping that they still gonna take me in judging from my application..
yingying2888,
i think you dont have to worry too much abt your photo la. im sure they will look at your other aspects like working experiences. Also, im pretty sure you will receive some email from them next week, be it an interview scheduled for you this dec07 Or the walk-in interview on 27th jan 2008.
so gal, fret less okie? =)[/quote]

thanks! its a big boost to my confidence and nervous-ness.. pass or fail will still try till i get in.. acorna, and you going for any of the interviews? :wink:[/quote]

I would be going for the next walk-in interview in Jan. =)
will keep trying ba. since afterall i grad in mid 2008.
[/quote]

Hello,
there's an interview for write in application on 27/12/07, anyone is going?
I heard people saying write in application tends to be "harder to be selected" than walk in ...,is that true?

08weixiang12

newbie..

Post by 08weixiang12 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 9:34 pm

erm..may i know whether the study criteria to bcome an air steward?
i'm tired of working...b0ring. . .

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Re: newbie..

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:50 pm

08weixiang12 wrote:erm..may i know whether the study criteria to bcome an air steward?
Degree/ Diploma OR
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination OR
At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits including English and working experience
For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience

for foreigners, u will need a degree.

aletheatan

Merry Xmas!!!

Post by aletheatan » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:02 pm

Dear Peeps!!!

Merry Xmas...n Have a Jolly Holidays!! ;)

Am gg for the 27th Dec at 3pm too...quite a late slot.....wonder how's the passing rate...he he....

Good Luck to Us! Gambate!!! :lol: