Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Visble scar

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 9:18 am

yingying2888 wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
Sokeai: I filled the form with Words, print it out to circle and sign the form, scanned it and paste my photo on it and convert the form and relevant documents into Adobe PDF for email.
I've yet to receive any email from SIA and I sent my form in on Friday night. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday we will get a reply from them.

My scar is an indentation mark so even with makeup on, I can only lighten it but no cover it. I recommend Shu Uemura foundation and concealer as they are super heavy duty and it hid my 2 revolting pimples during the 1 Dec interview. Sadly, I wasnt selected to go thru the second segment as I believe my size was partly the reason.

According to my observation that day itself, they are looking for girls whom have alright skin and a slim body.
pinklittlefigure: Oh my! I did my entire application form on Words by deleting the non-relevant part like Dr,Mrs,Mr etc or writing N.A in the given blanks. Should i redo my application and sent in again? Mon/Tues is kinna like a long public holiday, wish that we could get a response from them soon :D

Thanks for the advices, think i have to start digging for my makeups. It's my 1st time trying for the cabin crew. Have yet tried out the actual stuff and it's already freaking me out :shock:
i have the same situation as you.. indentations and would not be very obvious with fringes. you went off at the kebaya stage or skin check?
I was booted out right after 10-2 interview :(

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 9:43 am

for kebaya round, another thing to take note, please be mindful of your action coz the interviewers have eyes.

when you're inside, just quite grab one or two kebaya, quickly go change.
if it doesn't suit you, exchange it with the girls beside you. you have to be fast, don't take too long yea. there won't be any mirror in there for you to see see here, see see there. got to the girls beside you to help you.
Soaring above all

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:03 am

YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I got thru the first hurdle! I'm shortlisted and my interview will take place at STC on the 27 December at 3pm!! *phew*

Anyone same time slot as me?

First hurdle down, more to come!! GAMBATEI!!

For those who havent recieve the e-mail, I suggest you send your application form again during working hours :D

Acorna

Post by Acorna » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:59 am

thanks.. the problem is the pic that i attached in the write in application is totally make-up less! no make up at all.. haha.. just hoping that they still gonna take me in judging from my application..[/quote]

yingying2888,
i think you dont have to worry too much abt your photo la. im sure they will look at your other aspects like working experiences. Also, im pretty sure you will receive some email from them next week, be it an interview scheduled for you this dec07 Or the walk-in interview on 27th jan 2008.
so gal, fret less okie? =)[/quote]

thanks! its a big boost to my confidence and nervous-ness.. pass or fail will still try till i get in.. acorna, and you going for any of the interviews? :wink:[/quote]

I would be going for the next walk-in interview in Jan. =)
will keep trying ba. since afterall i grad in mid 2008.

Acorna

Post by Acorna » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:06 am

Acorna wrote:Im sure they have really small uniforms ba.

by the way i am reeeally curious..How does one know the uniform one grabs is gonna be figure-flattering for oneself?
I mean like what if I take a uniform that's a tad baggy or snug?
Then How??
most of the kebaya tops are really small, if you're a little heavy at the top (if you know what I mean) you might not even be able to zip your chosen kebaya past your chest :lol: :lol: There are some larger sizes though, but all of the uniforms are w/o labels so u'll just have to sift through em and to do a trial and error on the day :) Another way is to stretch the bust part of the kebaya across your chest to gauge if it'll fit.. that way you don't have to keep running around.[/quote]

Oooh no....IS there sucha thing like a MINImiser? haha
i'll definitely try your way of gauging when i reach the kebaya round (if i do of cos!) :P

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:20 am

Acorna wrote:
Acorna wrote:Im sure they have really small uniforms ba.

by the way i am reeeally curious..How does one know the uniform one grabs is gonna be figure-flattering for oneself?
I mean like what if I take a uniform that's a tad baggy or snug?
Then How??
most of the kebaya tops are really small, if you're a little heavy at the top (if you know what I mean) you might not even be able to zip your chosen kebaya past your chest :lol: :lol: There are some larger sizes though, but all of the uniforms are w/o labels so u'll just have to sift through em and to do a trial and error on the day :) Another way is to stretch the bust part of the kebaya across your chest to gauge if it'll fit.. that way you don't have to keep running around.
Oooh no....IS there sucha thing like a MINImiser? haha
i'll definitely try your way of gauging when i reach the kebaya round (if i do of cos!) :P
[/quote]

I think I'm gonna have a problem during the kebaya round as my "front & back" are very prominent! Cannot zip up then panic mode on edi! Anyone knows how the STC interview gonna be like?

Acorna

Post by Acorna » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:26 am

pinklittlefigure,

May I know if you are still studying? If so, when would you be graduating? =)

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:47 am

Acorna wrote:pinklittlefigure,

Acorna: I'm working now and I'm a Malaysian :D

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:08 pm

elyn3ve wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
pinklittlefigure: How did you email them, copy + paste the application form to the email or attached the form to your email? I sent in my application on friday night too, did you get any response from them? i'm getting panicky too :???:

I have a large pore/scar (more of a inwards dent) ard 2mm size on my nose and also a mole of similar size under my earlope. Is it possible to use concealer like Dior Skinflash to hide both? Or any workable solution?Are they very particular about this?

It's my 1st time on this forum after reading so much, thanks in advance for helps :oops:
I used to work at CD.. the Skinflash is used for highlighting, act as eye concealer, which is kind of too light to cover scar.. :) only 3 tones to choose .. unlike bobbi brown they have 6 tones if im not mistaken or more.. owes get the right tone for concealer and foundation. :) hope it helps
elyn3ve: oh ic, think i have to get a new concealer or perhaps the pore thingy as mentioned. thanks alot for your help! :D

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:14 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I got thru the first hurdle! I'm shortlisted and my interview will take place at STC on the 27 December at 3pm!! *phew*

Anyone same time slot as me?

First hurdle down, more to come!! GAMBATEI!!

For those who havent recieve the e-mail, I suggest you send your application form again during working hours :D
pinlittlefigure: Gratz pink! I just gotten a reply from them, time slot is on 27 Dec at 2.15pm! Anyone wanna go down together? :D

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:18 pm

elyn3ve wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote: Elyn3ve: The Shu Uemura foundation and concealer that I'm using is suitable for my skin type (dry) thus I believe best is that you get the recommendation by the Shu Uemura counter girls! The concealer for Shu Uemura is a god sent for me!
I have a pear shaped body and I'm currently 164cm at 60kgs. I'm still losing weight but I dont think I can be at the ideal weight 55kgs in 1 week! *sigh* I'm fleshy type

hey.........glad to hear that...we are on diet plan. im at 162kg at 59.5 kg.. someday 60kg.. Im taking herbalife to lose weight.. actually targeting at 55kg by 12 Jan.. not sure if i can make it thou.. im fleshy type.. torso is bigger than lower part. :)

i totally miss out Shu Uemura thou... i only think of bobbi brown and m.a.c .. will check at the counter when am free.. thanks for your info..
elyn3ve: hmm there is an ideal weight to look out for? I think i'm pear shaped too >.<

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:57 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:

Ahaa~~m malaysian too..where u from? gambateh o.

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 1:08 pm

ben-yng wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:

Ahaa~~m malaysian too..where u from? gambateh o.
I'm from Johor Bahru :D

Anyone else gotten shortlisted? I guess i'm in the last few session cos i'm slotted in 3pm session :? dunno what will happen!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 1:38 pm

malaysians meet! congrats pinklittle figure, how old are you if you dont mind me asking? i'm a jb msian too.. :wink: still studying thou.. when did you send in the application? i sent it in on thur, still no news.. sigh..
Last edited by yingying2888 on Mon, 24 Dec 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 1:42 pm

yingying2888 wrote:malaysians meet! pinklittle figure, how old are you if you dont mind me asking? i'm a msian too.. still studying thou.. :wink:
i'm 23 this year :D u?