Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Visble scar

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:41 pm

Sokeai wrote:
Sokeai: I filled the form with Words, print it out to circle and sign the form, scanned it and paste my photo on it and convert the form and relevant documents into Adobe PDF for email.
I've yet to receive any email from SIA and I sent my form in on Friday night. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday we will get a reply from them.

My scar is an indentation mark so even with makeup on, I can only lighten it but no cover it. I recommend Shu Uemura foundation and concealer as they are super heavy duty and it hid my 2 revolting pimples during the 1 Dec interview. Sadly, I wasnt selected to go thru the second segment as I believe my size was partly the reason.

According to my observation that day itself, they are looking for girls whom have alright skin and a slim body.
pinklittlefigure: Oh my! I did my entire application form on Words by deleting the non-relevant part like Dr,Mrs,Mr etc or writing N.A in the given blanks. Should i redo my application and sent in again? Mon/Tues is kinna like a long public holiday, wish that we could get a response from them soon :D

Thanks for the advices, think i have to start digging for my makeups. It's my 1st time trying for the cabin crew. Have yet tried out the actual stuff and it's already freaking me out :shock:
Sokeai: I circled the parts marked with * and filled in N.A. for all the irrelevant columns. I guess there isnt a need for redo-ing the application unless you made major mistakes while filling it up. I not too sure when will they reply (they only reply to those who are short-listed) but I do wish they reply soon!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:46 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
Sokeai: I filled the form with Words, print it out to circle and sign the form, scanned it and paste my photo on it and convert the form and relevant documents into Adobe PDF for email.
I've yet to receive any email from SIA and I sent my form in on Friday night. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday we will get a reply from them.

My scar is an indentation mark so even with makeup on, I can only lighten it but no cover it. I recommend Shu Uemura foundation and concealer as they are super heavy duty and it hid my 2 revolting pimples during the 1 Dec interview. Sadly, I wasnt selected to go thru the second segment as I believe my size was partly the reason.

According to my observation that day itself, they are looking for girls whom have alright skin and a slim body.
pinklittlefigure: Oh my! I did my entire application form on Words by deleting the non-relevant part like Dr,Mrs,Mr etc or writing N.A in the given blanks. Should i redo my application and sent in again? Mon/Tues is kinna like a long public holiday, wish that we could get a response from them soon :D

Thanks for the advices, think i have to start digging for my makeups. It's my 1st time trying for the cabin crew. Have yet tried out the actual stuff and it's already freaking me out :shock:
Sokeai: I circled the parts marked with * and filled in N.A. for all the irrelevant columns. I guess there isnt a need for redo-ing the application unless you made major mistakes while filling it up. I not too sure when will they reply (they only reply to those who are short-listed) but I do wish they reply soon!
pinklittlefigure: Icic, thanks alot pink ;) hope you get shortlisted! all the best you!!

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:53 pm

Sokeai wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
Sokeai wrote: pinklittlefigure: Oh my! I did my entire application form on Words by deleting the non-relevant part like Dr,Mrs,Mr etc or writing N.A in the given blanks. Should i redo my application and sent in again? Mon/Tues is kinna like a long public holiday, wish that we could get a response from them soon :D

pinklittlefigure: Icic, thanks alot pink ;) hope you get shortlisted! all the best you!!
Sokeai: You too my dear! All the best!!!

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Re: skin

Post by elyn3ve » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:15 am

MirageBomb wrote: I'm using the cream one, comes in a jar with loose powder. :)

Well if u're talking about concealing very large pores, that's tough.. I know there's this translucent pore filler called Concealapore, but I've only ever seen it in the US, and it's only effective on skin with inward grooves and not bumps. Makeup has its limitations though.. if heavy makeup really can't cover your scars, you could consider visiting the dermatologist for some advice on how best to even your skin texture out incl the scars according to ur budget. ;)
oh i know which concealer u are talking. its eye concealer. i think i will just use foundation to cover the scars.. just try my best to cover it and make it look natural.. I visited dermatologist before... he said he cannot do much in term of application.. unless laser treatment... :)

if were to compare to last time, my skin is more radiance... its pinky... *headache. just now i checked my skin condition at biotherm.. guess what.. my hydration level is only 22% (normal ppl might be at 60-70%) and sebum level is at 30%. butttttt my elasticity is 92%
:D

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:19 am

sqhopeful wrote: there's ettusais' zero pore coat available in singapore: http://www.ettusais.sg/the%20collection ... series.htm

i've never tried it personally but will be getting it for this month's write-in interview! i have one ugly, big, open pore on my nose. :(

dear ladies, any tips for the kebaya round because i failed that round previously... tia!!
thank you very much for your information. I will check the product. today i read a magazine about shiseido's supplist pores foundation.. not sure if it works.. before i buy i will try everything first..

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:26 am

Sokeai wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:
pinklittlefigure: How did you email them, copy + paste the application form to the email or attached the form to your email? I sent in my application on friday night too, did you get any response from them? i'm getting panicky too :???:

I have a large pore/scar (more of a inwards dent) ard 2mm size on my nose and also a mole of similar size under my earlope. Is it possible to use concealer like Dior Skinflash to hide both? Or any workable solution?Are they very particular about this?

It's my 1st time on this forum after reading so much, thanks in advance for helps :oops:
I used to work at CD.. the Skinflash is used for highlighting, act as eye concealer, which is kind of too light to cover scar.. :) only 3 tones to choose .. unlike bobbi brown they have 6 tones if im not mistaken or more.. owes get the right tone for concealer and foundation. :) hope it helps

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:28 am

pinklittlefigure wrote: Sokeai: I filled the form with Words, print it out to circle and sign the form, scanned it and paste my photo on it and convert the form and relevant documents into Adobe PDF for email.

hi don be sad.. i don think your size is one of the reason.. compare to me , i believe my size is bigger than you. I have a bigger torso..

btw, the Shu Uemura foundation and concealer does it suit oily skin? bobbi brown's cream foundation doesn't suit me.. the foundation n powder will melt because my skin is kind of oily..

but i will be getting neostrata product coming week.. hope it will help

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:36 am

elyn3ve wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote: Sokeai: I filled the form with Words, print it out to circle and sign the form, scanned it and paste my photo on it and convert the form and relevant documents into Adobe PDF for email.

hi don be sad.. i don think your size is one of the reason.. compare to me , i believe my size is bigger than you. I have a bigger torso..

btw, the Shu Uemura foundation and concealer does it suit oily skin? bobbi brown's cream foundation doesn't suit me.. the foundation n powder will melt because my skin is kind of oily..

but i will be getting neostrata product coming week.. hope it will help
Elyn3ve: The Shu Uemura foundation and concealer that I'm using is suitable for my skin type (dry) thus I believe best is that you get the recommendation by the Shu Uemura counter girls! The concealer for Shu Uemura is a god sent for me!
I have a pear shaped body and I'm currently 164cm at 60kgs. I'm still losing weight but I dont think I can be at the ideal weight 55kgs in 1 week! *sigh* I'm fleshy type

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:52 am

pinklittlefigure wrote: Elyn3ve: The Shu Uemura foundation and concealer that I'm using is suitable for my skin type (dry) thus I believe best is that you get the recommendation by the Shu Uemura counter girls! The concealer for Shu Uemura is a god sent for me!
I have a pear shaped body and I'm currently 164cm at 60kgs. I'm still losing weight but I dont think I can be at the ideal weight 55kgs in 1 week! *sigh* I'm fleshy type

hey.........glad to hear that...we are on diet plan. im at 162kg at 59.5 kg.. someday 60kg.. Im taking herbalife to lose weight.. actually targeting at 55kg by 12 Jan.. not sure if i can make it thou.. im fleshy type.. torso is bigger than lower part. :)

i totally miss out Shu Uemura thou... i only think of bobbi brown and m.a.c .. will check at the counter when am free.. thanks for your info..

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 1:00 am

xanngac,

u've been missing for a while heh?
Nyway, again... I juz wanna wish u all the best for ur upcoming interview.
Relax & remember to smile,k?
I'll b away from 24th... will b back on the 2nd wk of Jan'08.
So, wun b able to check on the forum during this time.... Nevertheless, all I want to hear.... or rather see is good news from u,k?

ben-yng,

keep the forum live,k?
wahahha... w/o me around... am sure the boat will still float heh?
I'll b back soon... wahahh.... Gheez... I can't imagine how many pages i gotta read to catch up wif u all... wahhaha... . :lol:

xmischax & all who'll be attending 27th write-in interview,

Wish u all the best...

for those who's yet to receive invitation from SIA,

duncha worry... juz give them & urself sometime....
eventhough there's no invitation from them... dun get panicky... juz prepare urself for the next upcoming walk-in on 27th Jan'08

Merry X'mas & Happy New year for all in advance~ :)
Dreams Do Come True

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 3:00 am

MirageBomb wrote:Unless you've got virtually flawless skin that glows, at least make an effort to put light foundation / concealer ba.. IMHO if you nail the presentability part, you've pretty much got it down by 50%. If you were the one doing the hiring, would you hire someone bright and cheerful looking but less experienced, or haggard and tired looking but very experienced? Makeup can help you achieve the former look.

In your prospect employers' eyes, you're already one step above the faceless crowd if you come across as someone who has a clear idea of what he/she is doing.. you're to be an SIA stewardess, synonymous with the SIA brand... you don't have to be a beauty queen, just be able to demonstrate an awareness of this unspoken requirement.

The other 50%, I believe, is how comfortably you carry/conduct yourself, and what comes out of your mouth during interviews. Honestly, they had no idea how to interpret my Year 10 results, I think they let me through because of the way I spoke/looked.. the poor lady at the registration area kept asking me "..Are you Singaporean?! You are Singaporean?! ....What is Year 10? HUH? ..O levels? N-not degree?" :lol: Once you reach the interview area, you are already "performing".. Give it your best, let your performance speak for itself, and you won't have to worry about that (damned) piece of paper. ;)

I'm very nervous bout my 9am slot on 26 Dec.. so I'm trying my best to unwind and prepare myself over the next couple of days.. don't wanna get too anxious and get a major mental block. ;) Whether I get thru or not, I'll definitely keep everyone else updated so they know what to expect. :D

elyn3ve wrote:

so your concern is the whitehead and blackhead right? ur skin type is belong to dehydrated skin + excess sebum, right? i'll let you know after i try the neostrata set. my blackhead is quite serious... esp my nose because my pores are big enough to suck dust. hihih....

I heard quite a number of ppl use the neostrata recommend that it works esp the oil gland. but never of them mention about blackhead and whitehead cos they don use "oily skin solution" only clarifying cleanser and gel plus(act as a moisturizer)
nod-nods.. blackheads aren't too much of an issue now, just the whiteheads. ;) But I guess I still have to see a derm bout the other skin problems like premature aging (never took care of my skin before this year, hoho =x *guilty look*). Thx again! :D :D
thanks for that maximus. there was no time for me to try to take nice pictures and all to send in the application. i wanted it in asap rather than not.. the pic is not tired and haggard looking, nor izzit overly made up as well. so i'm still pinning hopes.. :wink:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 3:05 am

Acorna wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
okieping wrote:
Girl freckles is okie...as long as it can be covered with foundation... but dont put to thick la....less is more...i have freckles too...and i managed to pass the skin check the last time...
thanks.. the problem is the pic that i attached in the write in application is totally make-up less! no make up at all.. haha.. just hoping that they still gonna take me in judging from my application..
yingying2888,
i think you dont have to worry too much abt your photo la. im sure they will look at your other aspects like working experiences. Also, im pretty sure you will receive some email from them next week, be it an interview scheduled for you this dec07 Or the walk-in interview on 27th jan 2008.
so gal, fret less okie? =)
thanks! its a big boost to my confidence and nervous-ness.. pass or fail will still try till i get in.. acorna, and you going for any of the interviews? :wink:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 3:14 am

Sokeai wrote:

i have the same situation as you.. indentations and would not be very obvious with fringes. you went off at the kebaya stage or skin check?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 3:20 am

Acorna wrote:Im sure they have really small uniforms ba.

by the way i am reeeally curious..How does one know the uniform one grabs is gonna be figure-flattering for oneself?
I mean like what if I take a uniform that's a tad baggy or snug?
Then How??
if you have a grp before yours in the cubicle, look for someone who has very similar figure to yours. i was lucky enough to have a gal to offer me hers.. and it fit me perfectly.. just ask from them.. if not those left hanging would be left with very odd sizes like xxl or xs..

baggy or snug kebayas, some small sized gals will try to fold everything in.. i think is how ur still able to bring urself well even if there isnt uniform for your size..

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 5:33 am

elyn3ve wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote: Elyn3ve: The Shu Uemura foundation and concealer that I'm using is suitable for my skin type (dry) thus I believe best is that you get the recommendation by the Shu Uemura counter girls! The concealer for Shu Uemura is a god sent for me!

hey.........glad to hear that...we are on diet plan. im at 162kg at 59.5 kg.. someday 60kg.. Im taking herbalife to lose weight.. actually targeting at 55kg by 12 Jan.. not sure if i can make it thou.. im fleshy type.. torso is bigger than lower part. :)

i totally miss out Shu Uemura thou... i only think of bobbi brown and m.a.c .. will check at the counter when am free.. thanks for your info..
Gd idea to check out Shu.. their range is fab for Asian skin. I'm using their "Water Perfect" smoothing fluid foundation.. medium coverage and gives a 'sheer' look to your skin. Haven't actually tried their concealer though.

A little off-topic ..but their falsies are *leet*! :D

About your makeup sliding off coz of oily skin, apply astringent before your makeup.. anything with tea tree oil as a main ingredient works pretty well too :)
Acorna wrote:Im sure they have really small uniforms ba.

by the way i am reeeally curious..How does one know the uniform one grabs is gonna be figure-flattering for oneself?
I mean like what if I take a uniform that's a tad baggy or snug?
Then How??
most of the kebaya tops are really small, if you're a little heavy at the top (if you know what I mean) you might not even be able to zip your chosen kebaya past your chest :lol: :lol: There are some larger sizes though, but all of the uniforms are w/o labels so u'll just have to sift through em and to do a trial and error on the day :) Another way is to stretch the bust part of the kebaya across your chest to gauge if it'll fit.. that way you don't have to keep running around.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein