Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
white.minicooper

Re: Visble scar

Post by white.minicooper » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:45 am

ChLoeGer wrote:
ow_tv wrote:Hi everyone, just want to know what is the possibility of being accepted if you have two small scars around your bottom lip? Cuz in the application form they ask if you have any visible scars. Anyone knows of people getting in despite having visible scars?
hihiz.. i got a chicken pox scar on my forehead bt i got in.. so dun worry to try ya?? nothing is impossible!!! look at our Asian idol here - VENIE!!

haha..Venie..u r really getting very famous here le!! =D
Hi babe, i've 2 chicken pox scars on my forehead, and i am very willing to cut my fringe and cover the scars, will they conside me too? I've sent in my application and i am asked to go for the interview on this coming thursday.

white.minicooper

Post by white.minicooper » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:49 am

VeniE wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
xmischax wrote: lol yeah.. cos you're one of the "older" members who are still around!
:? ya.. m age 25 edi..if m not the "old" one..who else??..
well~~who care?? m the "older" nonsense ppl here hehe..
u pls dun say "older" to VeniE..she is the idol here..
erm..if u r new..i mean if..then..
"welcome to this big family~~"
lolx...

actually.. ben-yng, you're a guy right?
for guys, i think they prefer mature guys wor.. :D
only for girls, age will reall matters coz SIA have to take into consideration abt marriage den also family planning.. can't have kids too late ar..

guys different ma..
anyway, for flight steward, the career life is longer..

PS: you have a look at xmischax's registration date, she's senior than me wor.. keke..
Any idea the max age SIA will consider as they didnt state the max age. I just tried when i was 25 for twice times.

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Re: skin

Post by elyn3ve » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 1:40 am

MirageBomb wrote:Unless you've got virtually flawless skin that glows, at least make an effort to put light foundation / concealer ba.. IMHO if you nail the presentability part, you've pretty much got it down by 50%. If you were the one doing the hiring, would you hire someone bright and cheerful looking but less experienced, or haggard and tired looking but very experienced? Makeup can help you achieve the former look.

In your prospect employers' eyes, you're already one step above the faceless crowd if you come across as someone who has a clear idea of what he/she is doing.. you're to be an SIA stewardess, synonymous with the SIA brand... you don't have to be a beauty queen, just be able to demonstrate an awareness of this unspoken requirement.

The other 50%, I believe, is how comfortably you carry/conduct yourself, and what comes out of your mouth during interviews. Honestly, they had no idea how to interpret my Year 10 results, I think they let me through because of the way I spoke/looked.. the poor lady at the registration area kept asking me "..Are you Singaporean?! You are Singaporean?! ....What is Year 10? HUH? ..O levels? N-not degree?" :lol: Once you reach the interview area, you are already "performing".. Give it your best, let your performance speak for itself, and you won't have to worry about that (damned) piece of paper. ;)

I'm very nervous bout my 9am slot on 26 Dec.. so I'm trying my best to unwind and prepare myself over the next couple of days.. don't wanna get too anxious and get a major mental block. ;) Whether I get thru or not, I'll definitely keep everyone else updated so they know what to expect. :D

elyn3ve wrote:

so your concern is the whitehead and blackhead right? ur skin type is belong to dehydrated skin + excess sebum, right? i'll let you know after i try the neostrata set. my blackhead is quite serious... esp my nose because my pores are big enough to suck dust. hihih....

I heard quite a number of ppl use the neostrata recommend that it works esp the oil gland. but never of them mention about blackhead and whitehead cos they don use "oily skin solution" only clarifying cleanser and gel plus(act as a moisturizer)
nod-nods.. blackheads aren't too much of an issue now, just the whiteheads. ;) But I guess I still have to see a derm bout the other skin problems like premature aging (never took care of my skin before this year, hoho =x *guilty look*). Thx again! :D :D
hi again, today i went to try M.A.C cream foundation which is full coverage. I realised that my scar cannot be covered. But it does lightened the scar , am afraid it will look too flaky.. please advise... should i just cover it lightly or full coverage? as stated in the forum , please do a light make up... if theres scar, try to cover it.

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 2:19 am

elyn3ve wrote:
MirageBomb wrote:Unless you've got virtually flawless skin that glows, at least make an effort to put light foundation / concealer ba.. IMHO if you nail the presentability part, you've pretty much got it down by 50%. If you were the one doing the hiring, would you hire someone bright and cheerful looking but less experienced, or haggard and tired looking but very experienced? Makeup can help you achieve the former look.

In your prospect employers' eyes, you're already one step above the faceless crowd if you come across as someone who has a clear idea of what he/she is doing.. you're to be an SIA stewardess, synonymous with the SIA brand... you don't have to be a beauty queen, just be able to demonstrate an awareness of this unspoken requirement.

The other 50%, I believe, is how comfortably you carry/conduct yourself, and what comes out of your mouth during interviews. Honestly, they had no idea how to interpret my Year 10 results, I think they let me through because of the way I spoke/looked.. the poor lady at the registration area kept asking me "..Are you Singaporean?! You are Singaporean?! ....What is Year 10? HUH? ..O levels? N-not degree?" :lol: Once you reach the interview area, you are already "performing".. Give it your best, let your performance speak for itself, and you won't have to worry about that (damned) piece of paper. ;)

I'm very nervous bout my 9am slot on 26 Dec.. so I'm trying my best to unwind and prepare myself over the next couple of days.. don't wanna get too anxious and get a major mental block. ;) Whether I get thru or not, I'll definitely keep everyone else updated so they know what to expect. :D

elyn3ve wrote:

so your concern is the whitehead and blackhead right? ur skin type is belong to dehydrated skin + excess sebum, right? i'll let you know after i try the neostrata set. my blackhead is quite serious... esp my nose because my pores are big enough to suck dust. hihih....

I heard quite a number of ppl use the neostrata recommend that it works esp the oil gland. but never of them mention about blackhead and whitehead cos they don use "oily skin solution" only clarifying cleanser and gel plus(act as a moisturizer)
nod-nods.. blackheads aren't too much of an issue now, just the whiteheads. ;) But I guess I still have to see a derm bout the other skin problems like premature aging (never took care of my skin before this year, hoho =x *guilty look*). Thx again! :D :D
hi again, today i went to try M.A.C cream foundation which is full coverage. I realised that my scar cannot be covered. But it does lightened the scar , am afraid it will look too flaky.. please advise... should i just cover it lightly or full coverage? as stated in the forum , please do a light make up... if theres scar, try to cover it.
heya.. did u try it alone, or with any concealer? MAC cream foundation's pretty heavy though @_@ Easy to look "overdone" in it. Something for your consideration : A sheer water-based foundation over your face, lightly dab on concealer (I use bobbi brown) anywhere you need to layer by layer, and lightly dust some loose powder over your face to set... that way u won't look overdone and your face will still have a natural glow w/o the dreaded "mask" effect.

If your skin's extra dry, then u can gently dab on some liquid-based eye primer on the scar after applying foundation, and before applying concealer.. that way, it prevents the flaking :)
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 3:38 am

MirageBomb wrote: heya.. did u try it alone, or with any concealer? MAC cream foundation's pretty heavy though @_@ Easy to look "overdone" in it. Something for your consideration : A sheer water-based foundation over your face, lightly dab on concealer (I use bobbi brown) anywhere you need to layer by layer, and lightly dust some loose powder over your face to set... that way u won't look overdone and your face will still have a natural glow w/o the dreaded "mask" effect.

If your skin's extra dry, then u can gently dab on some liquid-based eye primer on the scar after applying foundation, and before applying concealer.. that way, it prevents the flaking :)
concealer? which brand? if u were saying water-based foundation is too light for my scar (which is quite bad thou). Bobbi brown's concealer? which one? the blemish cover stick? my skin is not really dry.. its kind of lack of water (imbalance) therefore outer layer is more oily. but lately is getting better because i use sleeping mask to replenish the water level.

just now i tried 1 side - bobbi brown cream foundation and dusted some loose powder overall look natural but it doesn't cover the scar well enough. as for the other side - m.a.c cream foundation it does better job but kind of too flaky im not sure if the makeup artist apply too many layer. i asked the make up artist, she said thats the best she can do. or else i need to patch the pores by foundation which is really bad to skin ( cannot breath).

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 6:34 am

elyn3ve wrote:
MirageBomb wrote: heya.. did u try it alone, or with any concealer? MAC cream foundation's pretty heavy though @_@ Easy to look "overdone" in it. Something for your consideration : A sheer water-based foundation over your face, lightly dab on concealer (I use bobbi brown) anywhere you need to layer by layer, and lightly dust some loose powder over your face to set... that way u won't look overdone and your face will still have a natural glow w/o the dreaded "mask" effect.

concealer? which brand? if u were saying water-based foundation is too light for my scar (which is quite bad thou). Bobbi brown's concealer? which one? the blemish cover stick? my skin is not really dry.. its kind of lack of water (imbalance) therefore outer layer is more oily. but lately is getting better because i use sleeping mask to replenish the water level.

just now i tried 1 side - bobbi brown cream foundation and dusted some loose powder overall look natural but it doesn't cover the scar well enough. as for the other side - m.a.c cream foundation it does better job but kind of too flaky im not sure if the makeup artist apply too many layer. i asked the make up artist, she said thats the best she can do. or else i need to patch the pores by foundation which is really bad to skin ( cannot breath).
I'm using the cream one, comes in a jar with loose powder. :)

Well if u're talking about concealing very large pores, that's tough.. I know there's this translucent pore filler called Concealapore, but I've only ever seen it in the US, and it's only effective on skin with inward grooves and not bumps. Makeup has its limitations though.. if heavy makeup really can't cover your scars, you could consider visiting the dermatologist for some advice on how best to even your skin texture out incl the scars according to ur budget. ;)
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 9:42 am

xmischax wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
xmischax wrote: lol yeah.. cos you're one of the "older" members who are still around!

ohh no! i meant "older" as in have been on this forum for a long time, not as in age!

and no i'm not new, i've been around for almost a year, since christmas last year. lol

and there aren't alot who stayed this long! like, i only see venie, caryssa and chaiching who are still around since last year!
yea..mischa..all those 'older' members duno go whr d...haha... :lol:

ben-yng, everytime i read ur post, i cnt stop laughing..u r such a nice guy with great sense of humuor..will be great if we all can be colleagues in the air..hahaha...

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07 am

xmischax wrote:
ben-yng wrote:

ohh no! i meant "older" as in have been on this forum for a long time, not as in age!

and no i'm not new, i've been around for almost a year, since christmas last year. lol

and there aren't alot who stayed this long! like, i only see venie, caryssa and chaiching who are still around since last year!

oh my oh my..now i'm aware after VeniE's remind.. xmischax you are the senior.. so shy :oops: i still act senior around..i'm gonna disappear better..

Merry Xmas to all of u..

VeniE..as you said, guy will have longer career life in this path..but i dont think so ler (mayb is bcoz i'm not really know about a career of a crew)..

We cant stand at the front line as a crew for whole life right..there are some limitation like age, outlook thingy rite..i'm a traditional guy, if i'm get married (what the heck m talking abt? of course i wanna get marry!!), i wanna have a stable career, wealth enuf, to hold my family, muz let my future wife future childs have a happy life.. let say m get in net rnd, i'll be age 26, this career wont last for 10 years(i guess), if after 10 years only i start pursue another career dont you think m a bit too late??..so i think 5 years is more than enuf for me lol..if i manage to get in~~

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:10 am

starrynitezz wrote:
ben-yng wrote: CHICKEN Essencei tot is was for energy thingy?.. dun sleep wit make up la it hurt skin the most as i read from Female~.

nevermind la m surfing info abt Ikoma and CC le..i think these shd be more than enuf edi..

i wanna get this dream >.<.. this dream can be another stepstone for my next goal too..kanasai ler why i fail ler..sigh..

Merry Xmas..and..hope u get in next week..
hehe.. happy holidays to u too~

i drink Fancl Tense up Ex too..hoping tt complexion will be better ma... drink chicken essence cos got alot at home.. n i also noe (sleep with makeup) v bad for skin but sometimes really v lazy leh.. :P

reflect ba, n of cos, keep trying.. i waited for quite sometime before trying.. wasted half a year wondering if i should try :D

n..stepping stone for next goal? hee..curious now..

woaha..is still a secret..if i manege to get in..of course i'll share with you but not now..havent get in ma~~..sigh..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:19 am

caryssa wrote:
xmischax wrote:
ben-yng wrote:

yea..mischa..all those 'older' members duno go whr d...haha... :lol:

ben-yng, everytime i read ur post, i cnt stop laughing..u r such a nice guy with great sense of humuor..will be great if we all can be colleagues in the air..hahaha...

ig i manage to get in, and you are same flight with me one day..i cant imagine what if i make you non-stop laughing even preparing beverages at behind, moreover laughing during serving customer..omg..i'm not suitable for this job lar~~

hehe dun woli, in real, i'm a boring woody guy that dunno how to smile, so dont judge me with my words lol, you will dissapoint..(if m that gd that great, i get in oledi lol)..

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:39 pm

20 something isn't old

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:40 pm

i got pimples somemore which i can't get rid of

sqhopeful

Post by sqhopeful » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 3:13 pm

MirageBomb wrote: Well if u're talking about concealing very large pores, that's tough.. I know there's this translucent pore filler called Concealapore, but I've only ever seen it in the US, and it's only effective on skin with inward grooves and not bumps. Makeup has its limitations though.. if heavy makeup really can't cover your scars, you could consider visiting the dermatologist for some advice on how best to even your skin texture out incl the scars according to ur budget. ;)
there's ettusais' zero pore coat available in singapore: http://www.ettusais.sg/the%20collection ... series.htm

i've never tried it personally but will be getting it for this month's write-in interview! i have one ugly, big, open pore on my nose. :(

dear ladies, any tips for the kebaya round because i failed that round previously... tia!!

papercut

Post by papercut » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 3:49 pm

sorry i always see this "tia" but i've no idea what it means. anyone care to explain?

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:01 pm

tia = thanks in advance? :D