Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 4:28 pm

xanngac wrote:Ya the PR deadline is end of this month but the email address is different so perhaps different people will be in-charge. But anyways just hope that they will start email soon after the x'mas holidays...

All I want for Xmas is to get into SIA! [-o<
ok ok ok here you are "to get into SIA"..Merry Xmas ya..

haha nonsense again..ignore me.

jassylolly

Post by jassylolly » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 4:29 pm

hello I am new to this forum
so can I make friends with ya girls? :)
shoot me;hang me;My fate is in your hands

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 4:29 pm

ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote:Ya the PR deadline is end of this month but the email address is different so perhaps different people will be in-charge. But anyways just hope that they will start email soon after the x'mas holidays...

All I want for Xmas is to get into SIA! [-o<
ok ok ok here you are "to get into SIA"..Merry Xmas ya..

haha nonsense again..ignore me.
Hahaha you very bored at work is it ben-ying. How? The photo prob you thought of how to settle already?
And so my journey begins... :)

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 4:33 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:i received my contract! bt which copy do we haf to send back? n there's another session for bond signing right? when would it be? im wont be in SG for 2 weeks and will only be back 2 days before the training..im afraid they will contact me during this period.. anyone can advise?
the signing part will have to wait for them to email us to go down with a guarantor..

hope i get my contract soon.. whahaha... so excited about it...
Soaring above all

ChLoeGer

Post by ChLoeGer » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 4:43 pm

VeniE wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:i received my contract! bt which copy do we haf to send back? n there's another session for bond signing right? when would it be? im wont be in SG for 2 weeks and will only be back 2 days before the training..im afraid they will contact me during this period.. anyone can advise?
the signing part will have to wait for them to email us to go down with a guarantor..

hope i get my contract soon.. whahaha... so excited about it...
i think i better email them to pre-empt them.. haha.. i think u will get ur contract soon.. cos we starting on the same day! the allowance section makes me very excited too!! hahaha

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 4:45 pm

there is this column tat says: Do you object to reference being made to your present/previous employers? If yes, why?

I wld want to put yes. Coze my current company dun really like pple hunting for other jobs....it's like they expect us to stay long in the company
I used to have a ex-colleauge who job hunted, and the 1st company tat he went for actually called up my company. He was given a warning and the 2nd time happened he was actually asked to 'voluntary' hand in his resignation letter....What my this current company says is: If the employees have no intention of staying on, why keep him :mad:

Haiz..what shld i do

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:06 pm

snowss wrote:there is this column tat says: Do you object to reference being made to your present/previous employers? If yes, why?

I wld want to put yes. Coze my current company dun really like pple hunting for other jobs....it's like they expect us to stay long in the company
I used to have a ex-colleauge who job hunted, and the 1st company tat he went for actually called up my company. He was given a warning and the 2nd time happened he was actually asked to 'voluntary' hand in his resignation letter....What my this current company says is: If the employees have no intention of staying on, why keep him :mad:

Haiz..what shld i do
hmmm i don't think SIA would reallly call up the companies right?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:17 pm

salvana wrote:
xanngac wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:hey ppls.. I just went to the SIA webby and they are having a write in recruitment for Singaporean/ Malaysian Flight Stewardesses/ Stewards. (Residing in Singapore) now! Good luck to all who's trying! =D

AHHH!!! OMG I'm soooo excited!!! Thanks for the info Chloeger!!!

Ben-ying, Salvana, Alethetan, yingying2888, snowss, quick quick go and send in your application I'm doing it now! :D

Arghh... wahahhaha.... simply love ya, xanngac.... :D
hey sistas & brothas... let's do it once again!!!

wahahhah.... Ganbantte NEH!! :lol:
i wonder how the hell they gonna shotlist candidates just by application forms..

nevertheless, fingers crossed and bless all of the stewards and stewardess hopefuls!!!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:36 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
salvana wrote:
xanngac wrote:
AHHH!!! OMG I'm soooo excited!!! Thanks for the info Chloeger!!!

Ben-ying, Salvana, Alethetan, yingying2888, snowss, quick quick go and send in your application I'm doing it now! :D

Arghh... wahahhaha.... simply love ya, xanngac.... :D
hey sistas & brothas... let's do it once again!!!

wahahhah.... Ganbantte NEH!! :lol:
i wonder how the hell they gonna shotlist candidates just by application forms..

nevertheless, fingers crossed and bless all of the stewards and stewardess hopefuls!!!
Think by the pic and probably the working experience or qualifications ba. Anyway just send and hope for the best! :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:37 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
snowss wrote:there is this column tat says: Do you object to reference being made to your present/previous employers? If yes, why?

Haiz..what shld i do
hmmm i don't think SIA would reallly call up the companies right?
Actually I also dun really like the idea of them calling up my prev employer, but I just put lor, they can't possibly check every single one of the applicants right. Think it's heng suay kinda of thing or that they need more character references ba.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:39 pm

jassylolly wrote:hello I am new to this forum
Hey jassylolly, actually we all also started talking as strangers, everyone is really nice over here, no need to ask for permission to make friends hehe. :)

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:40 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:hey ppl, after looking more at this forum i feel more dejected. haha. cannot accept what happened on 1dec when i got kicked out of the kebaya round..

anyway, i have one question i'm dying to ask and know about. i have freckles, a very very mild scar on my cheeks (it cant be seens unless you really look at it.) and i also have a very very small scar or "mor peng" above my brows that is very difficult to cover with.. wil i have problems at the skin check?

some kind souls pls help me with this!
I have seen quite a few stewardess with your condition before, well I think it depends on the mood of the one conducting the check on that day...
its sad to know that. but thanks abercrombie.

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:46 pm

xanngac wrote:
Hey jassylolly, actually we all also started talking as strangers, everyone is really nice over here, no need to ask for permission to make friends hehe. :)
wahahah... precisely.... this isn't army camp lah... no permission is required to b friend with any1 here.
we're all friends virtually... and definitely soon... we all will be friends in real life... or better still ah... COLLEAGUES!!!! ah...wahhaha.... :D

then we can visit lotsa exotic places on the globe together.... wahhaha.... Gosh... I'm flying too far away now... somebody pls pull me back to the earth... 8-)
Dreams Do Come True

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:47 pm

I have a friend who is also keen to apply...but one thing is she has a nitec cert but no diploma...but she has 5 o levels credit....now she is working 1.5yrs as cust scv...Is tat ok?

jassylolly

Post by jassylolly » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 5:59 pm

salvana wrote:
xanngac wrote:
wahahah... precisely.... this isn't army camp lah... no permission is required to b friend with any1 here.
we're all friends virtually... and definitely soon... we all will be friends in real life... or better still ah... COLLEAGUES!!!! ah...wahhaha.... :D

then we can visit lotsa exotic places on the globe together.... wahhaha.... Gosh... I'm flying too far away now... somebody pls pull me back to the earth... 8-)

Haha...ya rite... you are being funny...
Its realli hard to get in anyway...
So I dun want to get my hopes high...seriously...
shoot me;hang me;My fate is in your hands