Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ChLoeGer

Post by ChLoeGer » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:19 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Hello, I'm new here but I've been following up this forum for about 1 month. I've tried the 1 Dec walk in but was booted out at the general interview. Will be trying out the write in but I dont quite know what to fill for some column. Anyone that has sent their application in?
the application form seems to be more lengthy than before.. which part you not sure? do point it out.. im sure there's alot of helpful ppls who can assist u in this forum! =D

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA requirements

Post by gladys_lopez » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:41 pm

ben-yng wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
ben-yng wrote: haha..good..this strong passion will bring you forward..your dream will definately comes true one day..lets work hard together..

pls dont mind tell me where you work..if possible allow me pay you a visit..i might not purchase anything coz i still have some stocks hehe..but if there is a dining place..I dont ind have my dinner there..perhaps the price for main course is within my affordable budget..hehe..table for one please~~
Me in sales line. But i also distribute to the different restaurants, wine bars and country clubs.

what kind of cuisine u fancy?
HAHA..most favorite of course is Japanese Cuisine, then Chinese of course..then i wanna try Brazil style BBQ Buffet, Turkey style, germany style and its Beer Festival (forgot the name edi)..

haiyah actually wanna try every kind of food from every country la (tats y i wanna be a crew~~)..except Indian food coz cant take hot & spicy things..
How about u? you muz know a lot about dining and wine tasting le lol?...
Hehe.. No la.. Actually not much of an eater. Wanted to be a vegetarian at one time.

but sometimes we do food and wine pairing so it's quite interesting.

But definitely nothing beats eating the cuisine in the actual country itself.

We must Jia you and hope we can fulfill this dream together :D
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:46 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:Hello, I'm new here but I've been following up this forum for about 1 month. I've tried the 1 Dec walk in but was booted out at the general interview. Will be trying out the write in but I dont quite know what to fill for some column. Anyone that has sent their application in?
the application form seems to be more lengthy than before.. which part you not sure? do point it out.. im sure there's alot of helpful ppls who can assist u in this forum! =D
I'm not sure what to fill in for the columns below

1. Character referee
Who can we refer as the referee? Our friends, co worker?

2. Extra curricular activities
Do I include achievements such as awards that I receive during school & college? What is office held?

3. Reference to previous employer
What does the notice period required by your employer means?

Thanks a million as ur input will be deeply appreciated :D

ChLoeGer

Post by ChLoeGer » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:04 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
I'm not sure what to fill in for the columns below

1. Character referee
Who can we refer as the referee? Our friends, co worker? --> it can be any of your frenz who knows u well!

2. Extra curricular activities
Do I include achievements such as awards that I receive during school & college? What is office held? --> yes, you can include all relevant achievements and awards you had achieved. You can also mention it if you are a committee member cos this might let the interviewers think that you are able to hold the responsibility well.. office will be ur college address

3. Reference to previous employer
What does the notice period required by your employer means? --> it means how long a notice you need to give ur employer when you tender your resignation. it could be 2 weeks? 1 mths? etc;

Thanks a million as ur input will be deeply appreciated :D
hope this could help..

aletheatan

SIA Interview

Post by aletheatan » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:35 am

xanngac wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:hey ppls.. I just went to the SIA webby and they are having a write in recruitment for Singaporean/ Malaysian Flight Stewardesses/ Stewards. (Residing in Singapore) now! Good luck to all who's trying! =D

AHHH!!! OMG I'm soooo excited!!! Thanks for the info Chloeger!!!

Ben-ying, Salvana, Alethetan, yingying2888, snowss, quick quick go and send in your application I'm doing it now! :D

Hey!

Thanks ChloeGer for the kind update ;) Yippee!
Let's go fill up the form and send it okie...I thinK I will do so over this week....
or if you want...we do it after Xmas as I think most of the HR staff clearing leave n in holiday mood liao...take our time to fill up the form n submit before end Dec....will alert u once I've submitted....

Good Luck Peeps! Hope to see u in the Jan write-ins....

GOOD NITE....Sleep Tight! :)

aletheatan

Jan...

Post by aletheatan » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:39 am

WOW.....reallie lengthy wor.......

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Jan...

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:51 am

aletheatan wrote:WOW.....reallie lengthy wor.......
It is super lengthy with many areas to fill in! :o

Who will be sending in the write in?

RubyAngel

Re: Jan...

Post by RubyAngel » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 1:22 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
aletheatan wrote:WOW.....reallie lengthy wor.......
It is super lengthy with many areas to fill in! :o

Who will be sending in the write in?
i am. but seriously, there is a lot of stuff to fill in. Do we print out, write in pen, scan the written form and send the scanned copy?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 1:26 am

I will be printing the form, filled it in and scanned the copy to mail :D

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 2:17 am

hmmm i filled up the form on microsoft word to mail back. is it ok?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 3:01 am

i filled up the application form on microsoft word.. and inserted my certificates onto the same form.. but on later pages after the signature thingy.. and i scanned my signature and pic and pasted it on the form.. so everything is like filled using computer, is it ok?

oh no and i sent it in already!!

shall i print out and scan it in only after i completed the form? and erm.. send again?

pls help! thanks!

evil_dee

Post by evil_dee » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 4:14 am

rainschocolate wrote:i filled up the application form on microsoft word.. and inserted my certificates onto the same form.. but on later pages after the signature thingy.. and i scanned my signature and pic and pasted it on the form.. so everything is like filled using computer, is it ok?

oh no and i sent it in already!!

shall i print out and scan it in only after i completed the form? and erm.. send again?

pls help! thanks!
relax peepz, just do whats easier for you. The emails WILL get to the office, no matter how u choose to do it. i will think just print out, fill in and scan and email back will be easier.

and to all those going for interviews, just relax and its half the battle won..SIA looking for pple who can be easy in front of public, and its important u look, i will say, not just confident, but comfortable with people. ive seen confident pple who dont get in. You need to be comfortable with yourself and pple before u can stand in front of 300 passengers! think about it.....and gd luck all. :D

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 9:31 am

I just typed everything in word format and as for the signature part I just type in my name cause my scanner died recently and I cant scan anything. Is that ok??? :-k

Missy_ee, just send in your application, no harm trying right. Don't give up and end up regretting next time that you didn't try. Jiayou!

Wah...hope they email us soon... Good luck to all those trying ya. [-o<
And so my journey begins... :)

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 9:45 am

xanngac wrote:I just typed everything in word format and as for the signature part I just type in my name cause my scanner died recently and I cant scan anything. Is that ok??? :-k
yup.. it's okay..
honestly it's much more neat to type in words lo.. i always do that each time i go for the interview :)
Soaring above all

jassylolly

Post by jassylolly » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 9:52 am

Hello Do you copy and paste your passport photo in the form?
shoot me;hang me;My fate is in your hands