Singapore Expats

Vpost

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Vpost

Post by Matney » Sun, 07 May 2006 5:59 am

Just curious if anyone has used vpost before? Were you happy with the service provided? Any problems?

My daughter was given an Amazon certificate and was thinking of ordering her things using Vpost as Amazon doesn't ship directly to Singapore.

Can anyone enlighten me on their experiences with Vpost?

Thanks! :)

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Re: Vpost

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 07 May 2006 8:47 am

Matney wrote:Just curious if anyone has used vpost before? Were you happy with the service provided? Any problems?

My daughter was given an Amazon certificate and was thinking of ordering her things using Vpost as Amazon doesn't ship directly to Singapore.

Can anyone enlighten me on their experiences with Vpost?

Thanks! :)
Hi Matney,

Amazon does ship books directly to Singapore, I've done it a few times. I posted an experience when I got 2 Barefoort Contessa cookbooks for cheaper than they were at Borders and delivered to my door from Amazon in 4 or 5 days. They will not ship DVDs or computer/video games though. I have tried Vpost a few times and the other one (can't remember the name, supposed to be able to ship all kinds of things from oversease suppliers). What I found is that if the product is restricted, like a DVD -- then Vpost restricts it as well.

Is it urgent? My fall back position is always ebay. You can buy anything at all from ebay.

Good luck and PM me if you need any more help.

MHB

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 07 May 2006 8:48 am

Sorry just realized, it could only be Amazon. Stick to books, should be fine.

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Post by babykasim » Sun, 07 May 2006 10:01 am

hi matney,

my flatmate does lots of online shopping and so far she's happy with VPost's service ..
sometimes its a bit longer to get the items but so far so good..

:)

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Em Eye » Sun, 07 May 2006 4:29 pm

I use vPost to get sunscreen shipped from the states. Had no problem. I thought the shipping cost was quite reasonable. My only annoyance is that it does takes about 2 weeks from the time I order until I receive my package.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Sun, 07 May 2006 7:55 pm

Thanks for answering my post. Unfortunately, daughter wants to order DVDs. Rubbish ones at that. I can't say much because it is her b'day money. Any way it may be best if I have the stuff posted to my brother as we are heading to the states in June/July. I may try it for some clothing I saw and liked, but then again, I could wait for the states on that as well.

blownalot

vPost problems

Post by blownalot » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 1:47 am

Endless problems with this service.

I ordered goods from Amazon.Com in early November, they were delivered to the US vPost address within 3 days. Their system then showed that 2 of the 6 items had been posted to me. To date only 1 of these has arrived, the 2nd one has disappeared from the system and the other4 items are still in the US.

vPost helpdesk has been useless in sorting this out. There is no reply from the US number that they give for their supplier.

These were supposed to be Christmas presents but its looking very unlikely they will be here in time.

I WOULD NEVER USE vPOST AGAIN.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 8:46 am

I wouldn't use it either. Last year, November 2006, I ordered some winter clothing for our Christmas trip to Europe. Never came. They said I didn't given the correct information & I had a print out of everything they needed.
It took until April 07 to get a refund. I was still out about $50. Still, I am aware that others have good luck with the service. I was one of the unlucky ones.

charsiew

Post by charsiew » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:42 pm

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH VPOST TOO
WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN!!!

ordered something from a japanese website. miracously despite my lack of understanding of the language, the item arrived in my vpost japan account within 3 days! Thanks to an online translation service!

However once it landed in my VPost account, my nightmare started.
I emailed to them the confirmation from the Japanese online store. Then followed with a proforma invoice. Called them 4 days later when item did not get matched up. Faxed them the invoice again. Called them 2 days later when nothing happened.

they finally received my invoice after 3 faxes and numerous calls. The matching is finally done some 10 days later.

Wasted so much of my time. Will never ever use such inefficeint service again!

MikeDirnt
Regular
Regular

Post by MikeDirnt » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:42 am

i heard bad comments about vpost before. so think first before you use their service
Guides and information -> Singapore Stocks