Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA requirements

Post by gladys_lopez » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 9:13 pm

ben-yng wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
ben-yng wrote: nope..i'm in marine industry..i like wine..hard-liquor..wanna learn more about it..history..famous vineyards..the way to taste it..the way to serve it..the way to enjoy it..

what is your job actually? selling wine?? or bar steward..
Yeah.. I sell it. Lots of ppl say my job is really shiok, with lots of wine and dine and drinking on the job (getting paid to do it). hehe.. but end of the day, i will really love to visit these areas that produces all this wine and liquors.. First hand experience..
It's really my passion..
haha..good..this strong passion will bring you forward..your dream will definately comes true one day..lets work hard together..

pls dont mind tell me where you work..if possible allow me pay you a visit..i might not purchase anything coz i still have some stocks hehe..but if there is a dining place..I dont ind have my dinner there..perhaps the price for main course is within my affordable budget..hehe..table for one please~~
Me in sales line. But i also distribute to the different restaurants, wine bars and country clubs.

what kind of cuisine u fancy?
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

shellen
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by shellen » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 9:56 pm

flyme2themoon wrote:Hi People, SIA just posted new recruitment advert.

But I think only for Flight Stewardess.
u said SIA post new recruitment? was it in newspaper or their web?

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 9:59 pm

i just checked e webby... i think its refering to sg PR only..

shellen
Regular
Regular

mine

Post by shellen » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:09 pm

hi to all, I am shellen,22.
I also very interested in joining SIA as crew,but has failed 3times, all in the 1st round. My las try hit me the most when none was selected from my group. Of course through this forum, I have alot ppl succeeded after many times. But I still worried that I might not be that fotunate cause my highest quali is only O' level and sad to say...i do have some blemishes on my face. :(

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:19 pm

Shellen, ur still young eh, not to worry.. im 23, n i failed about 5,6 times .. 1st attempt was 2yrs ago, and i failed (1-1) cos e interviewer keep staring at my (crooked) teeth.. so i got it corrected by braces.. then 3 attempts was during e period when i wore braces, so not surprising that i failed..

i think u just keep reflecting n what should u improve ba.. :)

n keep trying :P , 1 of my fren quitted poly n got in with just Os n customer service experience...

skin wise, so long as u can cover it up nicely with make up..

n wish me luck too.. :lol:
Last edited by starrynitezz on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyme2themoon

Re: hi

Post by flyme2themoon » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:22 pm

shellen wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote:Hi People, SIA just posted new recruitment advert.

But I think only for Flight Stewardess.
u said SIA post new recruitment? was it in newspaper or their web?
SIA website

shellen
Regular
Regular

Post by shellen » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:24 pm

starrynitezz wrote:Shellen, ur still young eh, not to worry.. im 23, n i failed about 5,6 times .. 1st attempt was 2yrs ago, and i failed (1-1) cos e interviewer keep staring at my (crooked) teeth.. so i got it corrected by braces.. then 3 attempts was during e period when i wore braces, so not surprising that i failed..

i think u just keep reflecting n what should u improve ba.. :)

n keep trying :P

n wish me luck too.. :lol:
thankz...but I am afraid that my quali is not enough for SIA?

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:26 pm

hehe. i edited my post... hmm.. my fren quitted poly n got in with Os n customer service experience.. but she can speak japanese n had jap certs as well..

Inspiredsand

Post by Inspiredsand » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:39 pm

hellokittylove wrote:
Inspiredsand wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote: n Xray to check your lungs too!
Primary check for chest xray is to check lungs function. but somehow they do look at ur backbone/spine as well.. one of the criteria for SIA is to have straight spine, else less than 20 degrees if curved. i'm one of the unfortunate few.. i was called back for a repeat xray for my back, as they wanna check if i have scoliosis (curved spine) and to measure the degrees. however during the second xray, i actually pestered the doc to reveal the results to me there and then! =) and i was told "no scoliosis at all! you must have been not standing straight during the first Xray!" i was relieved yet heart aching at the same time... cos.. for repeat Xray, you need to fork out $150 from ur own pocket. =( sob... so lesson learnt. stand straight during the chest xray! =)

hi,

u mean if first xray they found out that ur spine is crooked, they will ask u back for review? and u need to pay for 2nd time?

im very worried abt my medical...do u know roughly hw long will they call us ?:(
No worries sweetheart! you'll be good! trust me.. the possibility of failed medical check is very minimal. when the doc do the Q n As, just say no for all, she will ask u things like are you hospitalized before?, do you have menstrual problems, gastric problems that kinda of thing. and yep if your first xray show some suspicious abnormalities, they will call you for a 2nd Xray and you need to pay for it, 150bucks. and it took the HR personnel from SIA to get back to me about 11days after my medical checkup. Some were earlier, some later though we all wemt fpr the medical checkup on the same day, did the 2nd xray on the same day. So i guessed its by random. Rest assured! you'll be good.

all the best ger.

Cheers.

MirageBomb

Re: Final Interview..

Post by MirageBomb » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:12 am

okieping wrote:
MirageBomb wrote:Hi all.. went for the Dec 1 walk-in interview, was in group 73 (hmm, did I remember right? lol).. only 3 gals frm my grp incl me got thru, and at least 1 gal didn't pass the 1-1 on Fri 7 Dec... not sure about the other gal, but heng heng I did... started to get anxious a couple of days ago coz still no word on the final interview..

My steward friend more kan cheong than me... rang me on Fri to say that his friend, who went for the 2nd round interviews on the same day as I did, already went for the final interview earlier that day. He was particularly concerned coz he heard that the woman who was supposed to e-mail me was on leave.

Think I should try to get in touch with SIA on Mon? And.. how long do you think they *usually* take to get back on those final interview details? Kancheong-ness, very infectious. :lol:

edit:
O2 Zinc wrote: i emailed the other day and the reply was the mgmt might be on the 26 Dec, btw i think the person in charge is away coming back 19 Dec only..
Oh wait.. I just found o2's reply. -_-" hyuck hyuck. Thanks for the tip, O2. Everything suddenly makes much more sense *holy sound fx* ;)

Congrats girl......still remember me...i'm the one that failed the 1=1 interview...you can make it... hopefully i can join u too...Good luck
Ahh---- yes I remember you! :D Thanks for the grats.. r u gonna try out for the next mass recruitment? Hope u get a better interviewer next time, heard your room one was quite brutal :???: Jia you! U can one!!
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 1:35 am

Hi... im from Malaysia. Ive sent in online application on 14 Dec. From the website stated that only shortlisted will be notified through email and the interview will be held in January.

anyone here from Malaysia and has applied for cabin crew(Malaysia)?

Regards
Eve

Acorna

Post by Acorna » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:04 am

hey dear kind souls of this forum :P

if i were to submit my application online, the SIA application form will just suffice? is there a need to include my resume and a cover letter?

MirageBomb

Re: Final Interview..

Post by MirageBomb » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:38 am

starrynitezz wrote: hehe..ur not e only one my dear, im very anxious too... :wink: i emailed e person-in-charge yesterday night.. got a out of office reply as well :)

so lets just wait til she comes back on the 19th~ luckily she never take 1month long leave, if not we will be even more kan cheong :-|
Heya.. I just got in touch with SIA this morning, the lady asked me to keep a lookout for an email on Weds, and to call again if I didn't receive anything by then :) And yeah, she also said interview's *most likely* on 26th Dec.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA requirements

Post by ben-yng » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:03 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote: Yeah.. I sell it. Lots of ppl say my job is really shiok, with lots of wine and dine and drinking on the job (getting paid to do it). hehe.. but end of the day, i will really love to visit these areas that produces all this wine and liquors.. First hand experience..
It's really my passion..
haha..good..this strong passion will bring you forward..your dream will definately comes true one day..lets work hard together..

pls dont mind tell me where you work..if possible allow me pay you a visit..i might not purchase anything coz i still have some stocks hehe..but if there is a dining place..I dont ind have my dinner there..perhaps the price for main course is within my affordable budget..hehe..table for one please~~
Me in sales line. But i also distribute to the different restaurants, wine bars and country clubs.

what kind of cuisine u fancy?
HAHA..most favorite of course is Japanese Cuisine, then Chinese of course..then i wanna try Brazil style BBQ Buffet, Turkey style, germany style and its Beer Festival (forgot the name edi)..

haiyah actually wanna try every kind of food from every country la (tats y i wanna be a crew~~)..except Indian food coz cant take hot & spicy things..
How about u? you muz know a lot about dining and wine tasting le lol?...

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:01 pm

starrynitezz wrote:hehe. i edited my post... hmm.. my fren quitted poly n got in with Os n customer service experience.. but she can speak japanese n had jap certs as well..
can you check for me which language school ur fren graduated from and how much is the course??