Singapore Expats

which is best air purifier?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
letdoit

which is best air purifier?

Post by letdoit » Sat, 06 Oct 2007 4:33 pm

look for very good air purifier.

by reading this:
http://www.allergy.com.sg/airCareFAQ.html

found that TRUE HEPA is the one i looking for.
In the market, alot model selling Plasma Cluster type.
Some how this website said will harmful to human too

i guess "TURE HEPA " is a good filiter. I hope so. AS hospital (ICU ) also using it.
but the website sound like promote honeywell model only.

by compare honeywell VS osim Air purifier,

lets take a quick SPec of OSIM,
OSIM come with :
- True HEPA
- UV filter ( i like most)
- Negative-ion Purification
- other fine filter
-High Absorbent Deodouriser ( i think is carbon too )

Honeywell -
- True HEPA
- Carbon

hmmmm, i think honeywell got better True HEPA because of larger circumference. But don't have other filter eg: UV, neg ion etc etc.

I also found a product call IQair
Their product so call more fine HEPA. Instead of 0.3 micron, there are using 0.003 micron. Some model for hospital and some model as good as cleanroom enviroment. But is it real??? But there didn't come with UV or other technology to kill virus. Does HEPA itself help??

So should i buy Iqair with good HEPA only or OSim, whereby osim have normal grade HEPA but have alot kill bateria techno like UV and Negative-ion Purification.

my purpose is to have clean air and free from virus and baterica. which one to buy?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Oct 2007 4:54 pm

Why do you want that type of high effiencey filter? Are you going to always remain in your house, never to emerge into the real world? Unless you are in ICU, it's a total waste of money. Is your home totally sealed off from the outside world? All doors are positive pressure double doors and double glazed windows? If not then the air purifier is a waste of money. And replacing the True HEPA filter of medical grade is very expensive. Now probably treble the normal cost because your house is not sealed up the means replacing them a whole lot more often (Like once a week or more) otherwise you may as well not have them at all.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

letdoit

Post by letdoit » Sat, 06 Oct 2007 6:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why do you want that type of high effiencey filter? Are you going to always remain in your house, never to emerge into the real world? Unless you are in ICU, it's a total waste of money. Is your home totally sealed off from the outside world? All doors are positive pressure double doors and double glazed windows? If not then the air purifier is a waste of money. And replacing the True HEPA filter of medical grade is very expensive. Now probably treble the normal cost because your house is not sealed up the means replacing them a whole lot more often (Like once a week or more) otherwise you may as well not have them at all.
how come u think so neg one?
anyway for my grandmum , very old and going to come out from ICU.
she Allergy and lung got problem. Doctor said is a must. So what to do?
CAN help me to find best filter???? thanks alot X many thanks

letdoit

Post by letdoit » Sat, 06 Oct 2007 6:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why do you want that type of high effiencey filter? Are you going to always remain in your house, never to emerge into the real world? Unless you are in ICU,.
yes, i think she going to remain at bedroom until die. anyone PLS help.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Oct 2007 8:36 pm

Fair enough. If you give sufficient information as to why you need such a high end system then it would be a given. Unfortunately, you did not say the reason you needed such a system was for an invalid elderly person who would be housebound and confined to her room. The information I gave was perfectly reasonably based on the data provided. With more data then one would be able to tailor their answer accordingly. It's for a similar reason that I had a hospital bed in one of my bedrooms.

So next time you ask a question make sure we have sufficient data to give you an answer to fit the problem.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

niken

Post by niken » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 1:23 am

Hi, I have used ATMOSPHERE air purifer. So far the specification is the best. used it for my daughter who has nose problem. very effective

0.009 micron filter true HEPA elimination 99.99% of airborne contaminants. remove pollen,bacteria,dust mites,virus,smoke
clarus filtration system with activated carbon filter with surface area of 226 football field
pureflow whisper quiet efficiency 5 speed control. energy efficiency 3rd speed 0.093 cents per 24 hrs
CADR-Clean Air Delivery Rate 7.1m3/min. able to clean air in 390sq feet room in 30 min.
BRUSHLESS MOTOR that gurantee 10 years without loss of speed

AHAM CERTIFIED

rgd/ niken