Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shellen
Regular
Regular

SIA recruitment

Post by shellen » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 2:09 am

hi, I am shellen.
I am very interested in joining SIA as crew. Unfortunately, my highest qualification stopped at GCE O' level. But I have 4years of customer servie experinces.
Another thing is...I have try SIA open house. But I tend to be alittle nervous when during the interview? any tips?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SIA recruitment

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 2:19 am

shellen wrote:hi, I am shellen.
I am very interested in joining SIA as crew. Unfortunately, my highest qualification stopped at GCE O' level. But I have 4years of customer servie experinces.
Another thing is...I have try SIA open house. But I tend to be alittle nervous when during the interview? any tips?
The tips is all in this forum lah sister....too much information, almost everything you need to know has been posted again and again x 10 liao. Start from page 700 to get the latest news then then work yourself back,600,500.....then you can also be the interviewer liao :wink:
Last edited by Abercrombie on Sat, 15 Dec 2007 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 4:07 am

pacficgal wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote: K Given my msn addy too :D Hope to see all u gals at training .. Jan 16... so excited...
flyme2themoon, did u pm me? didnt receive ur msg..

pm me the e-mail add as well. thanks!
btw anybody staying at tamp area?
cant pm though but my msn add is [email protected]. =)))

flyme2themoon

Post by flyme2themoon » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 8:19 am

pacficgal wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote: K Given my msn addy too :D Hope to see all u gals at training .. Jan 16... so excited...
flyme2themoon, did u pm me? didnt receive ur msg..

Me me.. I'm staying at Tampines.. Near Tampines Junior College area.. so actually STC is quite near my place :D

flyme2themoon

Post by flyme2themoon » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 8:26 am

Any1 noes what are the benefits like for being a cabin crew for SIA? I know we get to travel at a discounted rate.. but what about our next of kin like our parents? Can they travel at a discount too?

Togo

Post by Togo » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 8:41 am

hellokittylove wrote:thanks for all your well wishes!!

ive made it thru !
anyway , can some kind soul tell me what will be checked on during the medical test?

:)
Hi hellokittylove,

Congrats!!!Btw can i ask u hows the dropout rate today? The interviewers and how many guys got thru???

thanx and all the best on ur medical!!!

ChLoeGer

Post by ChLoeGer » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 8:53 am

flyme2themoon wrote:
pacficgal wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote: flyme2themoon, did u pm me? didnt receive ur msg..

Me me.. I'm staying at Tampines.. Near Tampines Junior College area.. so actually STC is quite near my place :D
so good.. im staying in serangoon north.. anyone near me?

ChLoeGer

Post by ChLoeGer » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 8:54 am

flyme2themoon wrote:Any1 noes what are the benefits like for being a cabin crew for SIA? I know we get to travel at a discounted rate.. but what about our next of kin like our parents? Can they travel at a discount too?
not so sure.. bt i heard that there is discounted rate for our family members and we get free tix every year to travel..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA requirements

Post by ben-yng » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 9:12 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote: Hey Abercrombie,

Appreciate the reply. Had wanted to PM you as you seem to be quite experienced in this line but i couldn't do so as i did not have enough posts.
In the self intro part, what do the panels like to hear? Like customer service and how you can contribute? I have been trying hard to compose a good self intro but always stuck at customer service and how to sound sincere in the meantime.. though in my line, i am always trying my best to win customer's loyalty by giving them the best service that exceeds their expectations.

You think i can stand a good chance based on my experience in wines? Really hope to be a sommelier on board..
Hi, gladys_lopez..

u said u have experience in wine industry?? r u currently working in wine industry? i have interest in wine, hard-liquor..wanna learn more about it..

Ben-Yng
Hi Ben,

You in the same trade? My dream is to visit the top vineyards and Cognac houses in France.. And i absolutely love to serve and make people's day..
nope..i'm in marine industry..i like wine..hard-liquor..wanna learn more about it..history..famous vineyards..the way to taste it..the way to serve it..the way to enjoy it..

what is your job actually? selling wine?? or bar steward..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA recruitment

Post by ben-yng » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 9:30 am

Abercrombie wrote:
shellen wrote:hi, I am shellen.
The tips is all in this forum lah sister....too much information, almost everything you need to know has been posted again and again x 10 liao. Start from page 700 to get the latest news then then work yourself back,600,500.....then you can also be the interviewer liao :wink:

ya ya sister shellen, there is lotsa of information & tips here..ppl ard this forum were so kind & friendly & helpful..lotsa nonsense ppl like me too always post some nonsense thread hehe..

Move forward to your dreams ya.. :P :P

evil_dee

Post by evil_dee » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 9:57 am

ChLoeGer wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote:Any1 noes what are the benefits like for being a cabin crew for SIA? I know we get to travel at a discounted rate.. but what about our next of kin like our parents? Can they travel at a discount too?
not so sure.. bt i heard that there is discounted rate for our family members and we get free tix every year to travel..
Hi, regarding your queries, Every cabin crew gets a free ticket to any destination in the world on SIA flights. Parents are entitled to one if both still working. However if both are retirees u get 2. Cabin crew's free ticket is transferable to parents. once this entitlement is used up, u travel next on discounted rates, which means u pay 15-20% of the airfare. hope this helps. :P

pacficgal

Post by pacficgal » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:55 am

poppinchampagne wrote:
pacficgal wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote: flyme2themoon, did u pm me? didnt receive ur msg..

cant pm though but my msn add is [email protected]. =)))

ok have added u already.. my e-mail is [email protected]

pacficgal

Post by pacficgal » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:58 am

ChLoeGer wrote:
flyme2themoon wrote:
pacficgal wrote:
so good.. im staying in serangoon north.. anyone near me?

i'm staying at 700 plus there.. so tink can meet u den go down to STC for training tgt.

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA requirements

Post by gladys_lopez » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:42 am

ben-yng wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
ben-yng wrote: Hi, gladys_lopez..

u said u have experience in wine industry?? r u currently working in wine industry? i have interest in wine, hard-liquor..wanna learn more about it..

Ben-Yng
Hi Ben,

You in the same trade? My dream is to visit the top vineyards and Cognac houses in France.. And i absolutely love to serve and make people's day..
nope..i'm in marine industry..i like wine..hard-liquor..wanna learn more about it..history..famous vineyards..the way to taste it..the way to serve it..the way to enjoy it..

what is your job actually? selling wine?? or bar steward..
Yeah.. I sell it. Lots of ppl say my job is really shiok, with lots of wine and dine and drinking on the job (getting paid to do it). hehe.. but end of the day, i will really love to visit these areas that produces all this wine and liquors.. First hand experience..
It's really my passion..
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Re: anybody?

Post by gladys_lopez » Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:45 am

ninono1 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:btw, anybody in group 74 on the 1st Dec interview?
Hihi,

I think I'm in group 74.. erm.. candidate number 3...

R u one of them?

With love, sarah
Oh ya, me number 9. Did you get in?

Sandy
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..