Singapore Expats

Canadians moving to Singapore - Info needed

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
CalgaryM

Canadians moving to Singapore - Info needed

Post by CalgaryM » Fri, 14 Dec 2007 2:08 pm

We will be relocate to Singapore on January 2008. We are in early 40's and we will come with our 4 1/2 y.o. daughter.
Looking for a three bedrooms apartment rental.
Budget 3500-5000 Sin$ - including utilities. By the way we would like to know what is included in utilities (electricity, water, internet, etc)
Company location: Maxwell Road but in few month I may be moved to Pasir Panjang (?) (Alexander Road w/t West Coast Highway - I heard that a new MRT station is under construction there)
We would like to get advices about a safe and a good location/place with swimming pool and other facilities, close to MRT, pre-school, shopping mall(s) and close to a swimming beach (if it is something like this there, as we heard that around Singapore is a continuous huge port).
There any expat club(s) where we may socialize with others?

Thank you in advance!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Dec 2007 3:28 pm

Hopefully somebody will be able to give you the lowdown on condo/hdb rental in that area. Pasir Panjang tends to be a wee bit cheaper than other areas in the south but again, will depend on the level of amenities that your want.

You can check my signature links for country centric clubs. Also you will need to start thinking hard about schooling so you can also look there as a starting point and also in the "Parenting, Family & Schools" Forum

These two links will correct most any misconceptions that you may have about our little island in the sun (well mostly rain for this month anyway).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore

http://wikitravel.org/en/Singapore
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

CalgaryM

Post by CalgaryM » Sun, 16 Dec 2007 8:04 am

Thanks for info and links. As I have planned this move for almost an year and I was in Singapore a month ago I am somehow familiar with this great place. At this time I want just to make sure that we will get an accomodation on the right place. As I said before we want to know where the most convenient rental place could be.
Thank you in advance for help!

CalgaryM

We will arrive in 10 days

Post by CalgaryM » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 2:27 pm

Hi there,

In 10 days we will arrive in Singapore. After many searches and thoughts we decided to get a place in District 15 - East Coast. We got increased our rental budget to 6k. At this time we want to see the following places:
Villa Marina
Crescendo Park
Casuarina Cove
Costa Del Sol
Mandarin Gardens
Fort Gardens
Flamingo Valley
Amber Park
Water Place
Cote D'Azur
Is anyone living in the above places?
May we get some info regarding them?