Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:57 am

VeniE wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
msfifi wrote:anyone with tips for the interview, specifically the kebaya round? i've failed thrice at kebaya round. i have a chubby face, does that affect the outcome?
a cabin crew fren toe me that they were looking for arse. haha.. but i was booted out at the kebaya round with another gal on 1 dec too.. we were the 2 out of 10, and we walked the fastest.

since every gal who walked the slowest got in, i guess they're looking for poise n elegance?

i probabaly appeared nervous and cant wait to get it done when i was walkin fast. haha
most importantly you have to relax and walk naturally..

i remember when i went for my kebaya round first time i was walking like robot lo.. lol.. the lady was asking me to walk as usual..

it was very funny lo.. keke..

try not to walk too fast.. if you keep failing at the walking, it's either you don't look good in the uniform or there's something wrong with ya walking.. always choose one uniform that;s not too tight or too loose yea..

good to practise in front of the mirror.. get a friend to do it with you and ask her for comments..
thanks venie.. :lol:

haha.. i was telling myself to walk slow after looking at the ladies. but my job has made me so used to walking fast and rushing.. i wasnt conscious of my speed at all.. how sad.. just because of my speed that i got kicked out..

btw, i have a scar on my cheek but its not visible at all unless someone looks at it really closely. will it be a problem at the skin test?

thanks.

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:11 am

rusheade wrote:heya guys&gerls,
got the call and was supposed to start on the 16th of jan.but i couldnt start that early cos i haf to train up the person taking over my post.wrote in to them for a deferment of my trainin start date.if failed,guess ill be joinin u peeps on the 16th!
congrats&happy training to every1!
and yup,to those who failed,there's always a next time ya(esp.to ben-yng)
gd luck&merry,merry christmas!
wow..kinda surprise & stressful when I saw you mentioned my name haha..

you are such a good & responsible person..train the enw staff before you left..not much person can do that nowadays..

Merry Xmas to you..Merry Xmas to those who get a great Xmas gift..merry Xmas to evione!!!!

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:40 am

salvana wrote:
VeniE wrote:
salvana wrote:no idea at all wat happened....

i basically juz intro myself and they ask some stuffs related to my study... and dat's it...

din even touch on y i wanna b cabin crew?y SIA? y wanna change job? bla bla bla bla.....
the interview was really short...and i know exactly... there goes my chance.... :cry:
actually different ppl get different qns.. for me i get qns ask abt my current and previous job.. another got tougher qns abt SIA.. and some got qns relating to cust service..

it's okay.. you can always try again.. :wink: dun give up k.. jia you!!
thanks,venie.

no idea whether can try the jan's recruitment anot.... :-|
dun bother bla bla rules la..keep trying..some ppl ignore the 6 months ban and get in also..

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:52 am

yingying2888 wrote: thanks venie.. :lol:

haha.. i was telling myself to walk slow after looking at the ladies. but my job has made me so used to walking fast and rushing.. i wasnt conscious of my speed at all.. how sad.. just because of my speed that i got kicked out..

btw, i have a scar on my cheek but its not visible at all unless someone looks at it really closely. will it be a problem at the skin test?

thanks.
yup.. as long as your makeup can cover the scar that will do..

they dun need ppl with perfect flawless skin.. but good makeup coverage will be fine.. me too have some scars and oily t-zone but with the right makeup will do the trick.. :wink:
Soaring above all

Togo

Post by Togo » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:57 am

salvana wrote:wahahah... btw, wat shirt were u wearing?
gheez... when our names were called, i still managed to ask the gal beside me.... wah.. .so many names called... is dat a good or bad sign? and the gal say shld b good ba... they wun b eliminating so many of u all.... wahhaha... who knows.....

i almost couldn't believe it....

btw, the gal and guy sat beside me passed, and they had the same interviewer as us....
Hi Salvana..

Was wearing white!!! Yah that was what i felt too!!!haha ... didnt expect bad sign...JTB

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:59 am

Togo wrote:
gheez... when our names were called, i still managed to ask the gal beside me.... wah.. .so many names called... is dat a good or bad sign? and the gal say shld b good ba... they wun b eliminating so many of u all.... wahhaha... who knows.....

btw, the gal and guy sat beside me passed, and they had the same interviewer as us....
Hi Salvana..

Was wearing white!!! Yah that was what i felt too!!!haha ... didnt expect bad sign...JTB
hello hello togo,

am wearing white oso if u can recall... wahhaha....
is ur surname voo? is dat u?

hey..let's move on and try for the next recruitment again...
Dreams Do Come True

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:08 pm

Hey Togo & salvana..

you mean you all got to wait for everyone to finish their mgmt before they announce the results??

coz for mine is once we're out of the interviewer's room we will know the results on the spot. we don't have the wait for the rest to finish before they announce it.

and for those who din make it, the lady will ask the candidate to go outside and she'll annouce it discreetly.
Soaring above all

Togo

Post by Togo » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:13 pm

salvana wrote:
Togo wrote:

Hi Salvana..

hello hello togo,

am wearing white oso if u can recall... wahhaha....
is ur surname voo? is dat u?

hey..let's move on and try for the next recruitment again...
Haha..whose surname starts with V??? Aniway yup..thats mi!! And i remember u as well..

Well..time is a factor for mi..not getting young but maybe for 1 more time!!Haha

Togo

Post by Togo » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:15 pm

VeniE wrote:Hey Togo & salvana..

you mean you all got to wait for everyone to finish their mgmt before they announce the results??

coz for mine is once we're out of the interviewer's room we will know the results on the spot. we don't have the wait for the rest to finish before they announce it.

and for those who din make it, the lady will ask the candidate to go outside and she'll annouce it discreetly.
Nope..not discreet at all!!! Its juz like reality programme!!! U see happy and Sad faces...during the knock out! Haha..:)

aletheatan

Jan Interview

Post by aletheatan » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:43 pm

yupz yupz....dun give up peeps! Let's try again for Jan....when when when...

Dear Togo...btw..how old r u? Mid 20s?? Coz I am quite concern about the age thingy also.......will pm u once i reach 5 posts

thank u! :wink:

O2 Zinc

Post by O2 Zinc » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:52 pm

poppinchampagne wrote:
O2 Zinc wrote:
poppinchampagne wrote: maybe u might wanna ring them up instead.
thats wad i did today. i got a miss call from this no. 6787xxxx.
then i called up another no. that Venie provided to reach the officer who inform her yesterday. Thankfully, she was the one who tried calling me this morning. hence, she asked me about the availibity and so. =)
i tried to ring them back by 6782xxxx which the missed call no. but couldnt get through at all. in that case do u mind to pass me the no. ? :lol:
Cant seem to pm you though...
maybe i am not up to that for you to pm me..btw i received the reply already, she told me the next mgmt round might be on the 26 Dec..long long way to go..

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Jan Interview

Post by xanngac » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 1:19 pm

aletheatan wrote:yupz yupz....dun give up peeps! Let's try again for Jan....when when when...

Dear Togo...btw..how old r u? Mid 20s?? Coz I am quite concern about the age thingy also.......will pm u once i reach 5 posts

thank u! :wink:

Hey Togo,

How old are you? Why only try for 1 more year? I'm quite concern with the age issue too (turning 26 in coming Jan :-$ ), nonetheless, still going to try for it till they tell me I'm too old haha.

Aletheatan what about you?
And so my journey begins... :)

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 1:42 pm

hey venie,

we waited and the lady juz annouce in front of every1....
so, somehow u can imagine how demoralised we all are...

well... guess this is juz part of life... there're ups and downs...
Dreams Do Come True

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 1:44 pm

hey togo...

hm... u r the chinese guy rite?
nyway, am 25 oledi loh... age oso kinda an issue to me.... :-|
Dreams Do Come True

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 1:46 pm

salvana wrote:

hey venie,

we waited and the lady juz annouce in front of every1....
so, somehow u can imagine how demoralised we all are...

well... guess this is juz part of life... there're ups and downs...
is kind of cruel ye.. yeah.. that's life.. there bound to be failures..
though failed, but is how you learnt from it and move on..
Soaring above all