Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:04 am

O2 Zinc wrote:Hi all,

Am really a newbie to this forum, but all the people here seem to be very helpful and friendly and never the less the devotion to succeed! Especially Venie, really congrat her.

by the way, anyone here went through the 1 to 1 but still waiting for the mgmt round call? i got 2 missed calls yesterday, but they never call me back since then..any advice?
thanks thanks..

i'm sure your turn will come soon.. :wink:
Soaring above all

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:09 am

yingying2888 wrote:
msfifi wrote:anyone with tips for the interview, specifically the kebaya round? i've failed thrice at kebaya round. i have a chubby face, does that affect the outcome?
a cabin crew fren toe me that they were looking for arse. haha.. but i was booted out at the kebaya round with another gal on 1 dec too.. we were the 2 out of 10, and we walked the fastest.

since every gal who walked the slowest got in, i guess they're looking for poise n elegance?

i probabaly appeared nervous and cant wait to get it done when i was walkin fast. haha
most importantly you have to relax and walk naturally..

i remember when i went for my kebaya round first time i was walking like robot lo.. lol.. the lady was asking me to walk as usual..

it was very funny lo.. keke..

try not to walk too fast.. if you keep failing at the walking, it's either you don't look good in the uniform or there's something wrong with ya walking.. always choose one uniform that;s not too tight or too loose yea..

good to practise in front of the mirror.. get a friend to do it with you and ask her for comments..
Soaring above all

O2 Zinc

Post by O2 Zinc » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:11 am

VeniE wrote:

Am really a newbie to this forum, but all the people here seem to be very helpful and friendly and never the less the devotion to succeed! Especially Venie, really congrat her.

by the way, anyone here went through the 1 to 1 but still waiting for the mgmt round call? i got 2 missed calls yesterday, but they never call me back since then..any advice?
thanks thanks..

i'm sure your turn will come soon.. :wink:
thanks for the blessing..i just sent an email to Lilian, hope she gets that and replies me..

poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:20 am

starrynitezz wrote:
poppinchampagne wrote:
rusheade wrote:[sigh..there goes my bonus.

But i'm glad i got thru!!! :wink:
hmm, ru getting ur bonus in december or jan?

end of Jan..but training starts 16th. sigh...
dun think i can defer the training, not to even say bring forward the bonus.

poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:22 am

maybe u might wanna ring them up instead.
thats wad i did today. i got a miss call from this no. 6787xxxx.
then i called up another no. that Venie provided to reach the officer who inform her yesterday. Thankfully, she was the one who tried calling me this morning. hence, she asked me about the availibity and so. =)

O2 Zinc

Post by O2 Zinc » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 1:05 am

poppinchampagne wrote:

then i called up another no. that Venie provided to reach the officer who inform her yesterday. Thankfully, she was the one who tried calling me this morning. hence, she asked me about the availibity and so. =)
i tried to ring them back by 6782xxxx which the missed call no. but couldnt get through at all. in that case do u mind to pass me the no. ? :lol:

garlic

Post by garlic » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 1:33 am

hi all,
is this coming friday the last day for management rd for this 1st dec recruitment? cause they were supposed to call me up for review but have not heard from them yet too. :(

J.A.S

Post by J.A.S » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 2:05 am

jol wrote:
J.A.S wrote:
jol wrote:hi venie!
Congrats! dun mind me asking like, r u a degree holder or dip holder? coz, i got D7 for my english, then thinking of retaking O levels again for english. but then im a dip holder.
thank u,jol
Hi Jol, ur diploma is local dip or private dip? if it's frm a local polytechnic then it should be fine. I've got D7 for my english too but i hold a dip frm SP. All the best Jol!!!
hi J.A.S and venie..
thank u for the info..think i will reapply for O levels again n try my ,luck again.. wats the age for u two? im 23.. hehe...
Jol
Hi Jol, i'm 24 this yr.. i think it's gd tt u r reapplying for ur O levels, in the meantime, maybe u can keep trying for SQ?? :D

poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 9:32 am

O2 Zinc wrote:
poppinchampagne wrote:

i tried to ring them back by 6782xxxx which the missed call no. but couldnt get through at all. in that case do u mind to pass me the no. ? :lol:
Cant seem to pm you though...

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 9:45 am

salvana wrote:no idea at all wat happened....

i basically juz intro myself and they ask some stuffs related to my study... and dat's it...

din even touch on y i wanna b cabin crew?y SIA? y wanna change job? bla bla bla bla.....
the interview was really short...and i know exactly... there goes my chance.... :cry:
from your words..can easily found that you are really disappointed..I can feel it..you gone so far but at the end not as you wish..

anyway dun give up.. cheer up..try to presume whats go wrong and figure out a solutions..lotsa ppl here fail so many time but they still keep trying.. if you read this forum for quite sometimes you will know who are they..dont you admire them?? gambateh0...

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA requirements

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:05 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:Hello.. Hope somebody can help me on my queries. Thanks! :D
You will have to meet the minimum education qualification first for them to take you in. The minimum requirement changes from time to time sometime its O Levels sometime its A Levels so you got to check it out from the advertisment ya. If you have been to the interview before then the qualification should not be a problem already. As for the gap between your front teeth, it will depends on how serious it is, and of course most importantly the discretion of the individual interviewer.
Hey Abercrombie,

Appreciate the reply. Had wanted to PM you as you seem to be quite experienced in this line but i couldn't do so as i did not have enough posts.
In the self intro part, what do the panels like to hear? Like customer service and how you can contribute? I have been trying hard to compose a good self intro but always stuck at customer service and how to sound sincere in the meantime.. though in my line, i am always trying my best to win customer's loyalty by giving them the best service that exceeds their expectations.

You think i can stand a good chance based on my experience in wines? Really hope to be a sommelier on board..
Hi, gladys_lopez..

u said u have experience in wine industry?? r u currently working in wine industry? i have interest in wine, hard-liquor..wanna learn more about it..

Ben-Yng

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:23 am

ben-yng wrote:
salvana wrote:no idea at all wat happened....

i basically juz intro myself and they ask some stuffs related to my study... and dat's it...

din even touch on y i wanna b cabin crew?y SIA? y wanna change job? bla bla bla bla.....
the interview was really short...and i know exactly... there goes my chance.... :cry:
from your words..can easily found that you are really disappointed..I can feel it..you gone so far but at the end not as you wish..

anyway dun give up.. cheer up..try to presume whats go wrong and figure out a solutions..lotsa ppl here fail so many time but they still keep trying.. if you read this forum for quite sometimes you will know who are they..dont you admire them?? gambateh0...
hey ben-yng,

thanks for the encouragement.....
guess good things neva come easy....
juz have to start everything all over again.... :-|
Dreams Do Come True

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:26 am

missy_ee wrote:
salvana wrote:thank u very much, xangac...
dat's wat i told missy_ee as well... wahahha.... :D

we all together do it once again,k.

let's hope for D date to b announced for the Jan's interview.
Salvana,
dun be sad, haf an early night and u will feel better tomorrow...tat is wat i did on mon... :D
count me in for Jan interview ya...Cheers...
missy_ee,

am gg to star fresh and new again today, simply have to put yesterday behind and move on. :)
yupe... let's do it again this comin Jan.
Dreams Do Come True

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:32 am

RubyAngel wrote:For those who are interested, the next intake for the STAR program will be on 26th January. More information here www.reddot.sg
drop them an email if you are interested.

I'll be going, any one else?
I have interest as well..let me go thru the website first then get back yo you..wondering whether they allow guys to join in anot..any guys out there wanna join as well?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:48 am

ben-yng wrote:
RubyAngel wrote:For those who are interested, the next intake for the STAR program will be on 26th January. More information here www.reddot.sg
drop them an email if you are interested.

I'll be going, any one else?
I have interest as well..let me go thru the website first then get back yo you..wondering whether they allow guys to join in anot..any guys out there wanna join as well?
yup.. guys can also join the course..
Soaring above all