Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
bumperkiss2

Post by bumperkiss2 » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 3:23 pm

Aadvark, I just realised ur new avatar has no glasses!!! Hahhahaha.

lil_ab

Post by lil_ab » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 4:50 pm

pswhowho wrote:
lil_ab wrote:hello pswhowho,

i have read through this many times, and from wad i have read, i think we have to either write them a mail( but they will take some time to reply ) or call them to book for appointment as they dont entertain walk in according to aadvark. I have wrote them an email, am still waiting for their reply ( 4 mths plus to wait ) if they still don't reply by then , will prob call them :wink:

Anyways, i will be getting it done in mid next yr too, implants and alar. . i am excited :shock: MAY will be good, if you are interested, i will be glad that we can travel there together.
hi lil_ab

wow 4 months? thats so long! he must be really busy then. but there's something im not quite sure about. what's the difference between rhinoplasty and alarplasty? is alarplasty like tip refinement? fat removal by the side or sth? those ppl who have been to dr.nana's, how much is the staying expense over there ? :)

thankkssss & cheersssss
Hi pswhowho,

Pls take a look ok, i am also not too sure in e beginning, but did my research well enuff, so now i Noe wad i want. i am planning to head there during MAY 2008 , isnt that 4 mths to go? me Blur.. hee :D
Well take a look at below, hope u roughly get the idea.

About Rhinoplasty

Job nose plastic surgery or Nose reshaping, often referred to as rhinoplasty, is a procedure that changes the size or shape of the nose. Rhinoplasty can increase or reduce the size of the nose, change the shape of bridge or tip of the nose, narrow range of nostrils or change the angle between nose and upper lip. Sometimes breathing problems can also be relieved along with rhinoplasty.

Nose implant involves inserting an individually fashioned silicone implant on the bridge of the nose to increase the size of the nose bridge.

Alarplasty is the reduction of the width of the nostrils to match proportionally with the overall contour of the nose and be in perfect symmetry

Cheers :D
Confession with yr mouth and believing in yr heart

pswhowho

Post by pswhowho » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:28 pm

hey there

ahhh!! i see.... haha im pretty sure what im gonna go for which is rhinoplasty only.:) thanks for the well research! hahaha! yay imm soooo excited too! but what if im not 21 years old yet? am i still eligible to do ps? is 1.5k enough for everything including tickets?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:24 am

pswhowho wrote:hey there

ahhh!! i see.... haha im pretty sure what im gonna go for which is rhinoplasty only.:) thanks for the well research! hahaha! yay imm soooo excited too! but what if im not 21 years old yet? am i still eligible to do ps? is 1.5k enough for everything including tickets?
tat depends on where u're doing it... if u referring to nara, more than enuff
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

pswhowho

Post by pswhowho » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 1:24 am

yeah refering to dr.nana since so many of u guys are recommending him. and i suppose its safe too ya? does alot of singaporeans really go to him for ps? those who had surgery done by dr.nana, is it really good?? geee... sorry if im asking too many questions... ;p

itzybitsy

Post by itzybitsy » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:00 am

hey, am v interested in doing nose job & eyelid.

But is it safe? Aids etc...... :(

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:29 pm

wah, i just found out someone from the forum has been saying AIDS patients go to Nara etc to newcomers like itzybitzy... Nara uses sterilised equipment, just like any other clinics

You will never know who has HIV/AIDS when they go to a clinic/hospital etc, so of course this is something you should expect when you go to ANY clinic/hospital, even in singapore. which is why eqpt have to be sterilised

But Nara definitely has no ads saying, "AIDS patients please come in"

The forum is used for sharing info. I dun get commission or anything, and i go to different clinics looking for the best surgeons and best deals.

i hope that ppl who might be receiving commission from their own respective surgeons/clinics be ethical enough to NOT spread rumours and let new forumers make up their own minds with their own research gathered from the forum

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:32 pm

pswhowho wrote:yeah refering to dr.nana since so many of u guys are recommending him. and i suppose its safe too ya? does alot of singaporeans really go to him for ps? those who had surgery done by dr.nana, is it really good?? geee... sorry if im asking too many questions... ;p
at the clinic, i met ppl from different countries, m'sia, hong kong, taiwan and even japan! haha, i guess he's pretty well-known :) i like his work la, cos my frens did it with him b4 me... so depends on whether u like his work... i admit i like his prices most of all!

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 1:39 pm

bumperkiss2 wrote:Aadvark, I just realised ur new avatar has no glasses!!! Hahhahaha.
haha, princessli pointed out that i had lasik done, so shld have a new avatar! :D

Youkihi

Post by Youkihi » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:29 pm

mbk: whoa, so many choices. So which doctor have you decided to consult?

bumperkiss2

Post by bumperkiss2 » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 9:44 pm

Yeah Aadvark, I did notice princessli's post before on that, didnt think u would actually do it! Hhahaha. But seriously, good illustration.

Anyway alright people, anyone going to Nara in Jan? I'm trying to change my appointment with Ning from 28th Jan to 21st Jan. Hopefully its ok cause I already book my flights. Lol. So anyho, the more the merrier. Let me know!

bumperkiss2

Post by bumperkiss2 » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 9:47 pm

aadvark wrote:
bumperkiss2 wrote:Aadvark, I just realised ur new avatar has no glasses!!! Hahhahaha.
haha, princessli pointed out that i had lasik done, so shld have a new avatar! :D
Oh oh anyway, how much did u do urs for? Mine was like almost 8K at Paragon. -slaps forehead- Did it about 3 years ago. And now I think my left eye is a bit off. Not really 6/6. Could do with -25 or -50 lens. Sigh.... but im determined not to use any glasses. I realise, the longer u use ur glasses, the degrees just keep going up and up. What do u reckon?

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 9:58 pm

Youkihi wrote:mbk: whoa, so many choices. So which doctor have you decided to consult?
Those ARE the docs I consulted! That's my review :???:

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:01 pm

Aadvark: You had local anesthetic with sedation or just local? When you have local anesthetic with sedation can you feel in injections of anesthetic?

I am terrified of needles

shal0m
Regular
Regular

my experience with nara

Post by shal0m » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:16 pm

hello everyone!!

happyliving and i are back from HDY and we r happy with nara's work :)

the coach ride was not as bad as we imagine it to be, not bumpy at all. big seats like business class in flights. in fact, happyliving was quite pleased cos she bought a lot of stuff there, we can't imagine having to carry all these to check in/out at BKK airport and carry them around during transit.. :lol:

HDY is a safe place, really, i felt safer than i felt in JB. in fact, cos nara's business was so good, many patients (KL, indonesia, taiwan...etc) did more surgeries than booked for, our 2pm appt was delayed to 9pm. we left the clinic after mid-night, and we walked safely back to hotel. i am quite a acautious person, i do looked around to check for any danger, but not at all, it was a peaceful place.

anyway, i had my nose re-done at nara.

i had wanted my tip to be longer, so back in Aug, i went to a certain PS clinic at JB, as it was so highly recommended by someone and someone kept saying that going to JB is better than going to farther places like taiwan or thailand...well, can't blaming anyone really now, but just lament that as a new-comer to the forum back then, i was quite naive.

so, at that JB clinic, i paid RM4800 for a "korean gortex" implant, as i was told it was, hence the high price, another RM1500 for so-called nose-tip reducing injection.

i didn't really think the injection work, my tip did look a bit sharper due to the implant, but that's not my main objective. i clearly said that i needed to make the tip longer, since it shortened after the first alar i did in SG, in 2004. the JB doc said the implant will make the tip longer.

the tip did not become longer, but my bridge got so much higher than before that i looked like an orge from lord of the rings.. in Oct, i went back for the final nose jab, the clinic doc still told me that the bridge will come down and the tip will look longer then, but it's been 3 months, 85% final result should be seen. doc told me he only make my bridge higher by 3mm, although i don't agree...but i read that gortex will shrink, so i gave it a benefit of doubt.

anyway, in Dec, since i was at nara's to do my chin to balance my big nose (even bigger after jb nose job), i ask nara to look at my nose. he told me he think it's silicon. although as a humble man, he said he may be wrong, and if it is really gortex, i should wait for another 3 months, but i thought i can't have this kind of doubt for another 3 months, so i ask him to take it out. it was the same implant that jb doc show me (only right before he put it in, consultants there refused to show me the implant during the consultation, said i'll make it dirty...FON), but nara show me a true gortex in original US packaging and let me touch, it was really soft, unlike this "korean gortex", which i can feel a tip sticking out on my nose. (later when i have time, i will upload a picture of that "korean gortex".)

i look at it, oh my, the bridge, translucent in color, like silicon, is at least 6-7mm thick. i have my own natural bridge, so now u should understand why i said i looked like an orge. the tip, which is of a different color/consistency, is white and softer than than bridge area. one may argue that it may be gortex wrapped inside, but it is really a tiny little bit, even it is really in there, maybe size of a barley grain. to me, that's not worth RM4800.

so, i hope my friends here at the forum, will not repeat the same stupid mistake that i made. read up more on ur own, don't trust ppl easily, do "cross-reading" other threads, ask around, don't waste your precious savings. :(

now i am very happy with my nose, the tip is lengthened, and there is a natural bend-in at the area between my eyes...not like the jb nose job, where my bridge starts at the eyebrows and straight down...so ugly. :mad:
Shal0m