Singapore Expats

Mike Vick

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
markhed
Regular
Regular

Mike Vick

Post by markhed » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:31 am

I know Im reaching to a narrow audience here but to those who know what Im talking about, what you reckon about Mike Vick yesterday?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:48 am

Another dogfight?

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:53 am

Wow! ha ha, messed up eh?

He got sentenced yesterday, has paid a big price. Deservedly so but still a big price.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 1:37 pm

What he did is a lot worse than boxing... or keeping pets. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 3:06 pm

I tried to find that image this morning and finally gave up. Guess we lost it in the rubbish forum during the database corruption.

Good on you SE.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 5:11 pm

woah thats rough

or should i say ruff ruff!

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:45 pm

Michael Vick - An idiot to have thrown it all away in doing what he did and he deserved what he got.

What is it with some atheletes and celebrities who just can't seem to keep their act together with all that they've been blessed with?

If I have to see or read of another transgression of the bimbos- Britney, (puke at pics of her nether region) Paris, Lindsay, Nicole etc, God help me. :roll:
One man's meat is another's poison.

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 9:28 am

I think they are going overboard on Vick though. He is serving 23 months and probably lost about $100m USD. Now they are talking about him being banned by the NFL after he finishes his time. If any of us commit a crime we get punished and move on. This guys life is being destroyed and now he cant play again?

He deserves to be punished but the time must fit the crime...

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sprite » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 9:44 am

I guess the reality is that football is his only developed skill. So banning him would mean a career change. I'm not sure that would be a bad thing at all.

I definitely think he deserves to go to jail. The law is on the books for a reason. As far as the money lost is concerned -- damn straight. It's about time these 'celebrities' paid a price proportional to their paychecks.

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:06 am

I heard an interesting comment that he could come back in another position than QB. He is widely regarded as the most talented "athlete" to play in the NFL.

Yeah money is not as important but I guess my point is that he is being disprportionately punished compared to say you or I if we did the same thing.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:07 pm

I would think his salary is disproportionate as well wouldn't you? For it to hurt him "equally" it would take more than a mere 'slap' on the wrists one would think. Kinda like paying taxes. You earn more you pay more.

Additionally, The fact the he may be banned is not much different than the hackers who are forbidden to even use a mobile phone after their release from prison. Or for that matter, the problems a convicted teacher who is a child molester has trying to get a job teaching after their release.

Would have to agree, it's about time an example is made of some of our celebrities who continue to break the law and then get special treatment (like Paris Hilton for example).

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 2:11 pm

The salary is obviously disprportionate but I dont think he should be banned from playing again I guess is my point.

Im not actually pro Vick and I think he got what he deserves prison wise. I also dont think its fair to compare him to PH/LL/BS etc.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 2:39 pm

Don't they all use their bodies to make a living? Sure not their brains. :wink:

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 2:59 pm

Very well said...

Anyway, as long as the Patriots win the Superbowl I couldnt really give a s**t..!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 3:30 pm

Just for you! They're having a damn good year that's for sure!

I'm a Ravens fan myself!

Return to “General Discussions”