Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:32 pm

To all ppl...

It wasn't easy for me.. Yup.. I'm really excited about it.. My bf is even more excited than me.. lolx..

tried for every openings they have ever since the start of the year.. total of 9 times before making my dreams come true :D

Hope that my experience will inspire ppl in this forum that don't give up so easily yea...

Determinations!!!!! And wanna say a big THANK YOU to all who have given me all the guidence.. LOVE YA!!! muacks... heee...
Soaring above all

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:33 pm

ben-yng wrote:
xanngac wrote:
ben-yng wrote: kinda hard to persist my idiot actions..(as what kind of actions I told u before hehe)..after knock off from a bz & stressful work become depress & tire..trying hard to release all my stress after work by swimming and japanese anime and reading this forum..anyway..i still doing my idiot actions..will check d details about STAR tonight..

how about you?? you are much more well-prepared than me~~

Not idiotic lah, it was a very nice of you to offer to do that and still persevere in doing it. :)

Exercising is good for de-stress, I haven't got the time to exercise for 2 weeks cause busy mugging for examinations. Don't be too depress, think of how wonderful it will be if you make it through the next recruitment. Haha I am thinking of that everyday, if not no motivation at all to study. As for preparation, haha haven't even started.. :oops:

Tomorrow's my last paper (yippee!) and after which I can start exercising and get myself ready mentally and physically for the next round of recruitment. Must get into tip-top condition while waiting.

You also k, don't let your current work drain you so much, if not when it's time for recruitment you will not be in your best condition. Jiayou! :wink:
tats why, i'm not in good condition o 1st Dec, nervous like hell and not even can talk well infront of juz 10 candidates & 2 panels..kns..reli kns..everytime recall it sure feel kns.

ermm..thinking to take first aid courses as well..i juz think that with that skill..we will stand a higher chance..ermm..anyone out there interested pls inform, we shall go together..

and..Xanngac..i'm now actually working hehe..reading this forum and deliver some msg and nonsense here is kinda stress-release haha..
Don't worry, you will make it if you believe and work hard for it. We're all working towards that. Look at Venie, she made it after trying for so many times. Let's all work together to realising our dreams! :)

Hehe yes this forum is actually very good for releasing stress, especially when you hear such good news every now and then.
And so my journey begins... :)

ChLoeGer

Post by ChLoeGer » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 5:34 pm

VeniE wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
VeniE wrote: hey hey...

i get to be batchmates with you guys...
congrats venie!!! 5^
HEHE! btw when do you think they will call us for bond signing? i wont be in SG frm 28 Dec to 13 Jan.. i should be able to sign on 14 or 15 rite?
yup.. she said they will post us the contract and will call us to go sign sometime in jan..
okiez! thanks!! will c u in training!!! excited!!! :D

jol

Post by jol » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 7:33 pm

hi venie!
Congrats! dun mind me asking like, r u a degree holder or dip holder? coz, i got D7 for my english, then thinking of retaking O levels again for english. but then im a dip holder.
thank u,jol

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 8:32 pm

jol wrote:hi venie!
Congrats! dun mind me asking like, r u a degree holder or dip holder? coz, i got D7 for my english, then thinking of retaking O levels again for english. but then im a dip holder.
thank u,jol
I'm a dip holder.. yupyou need to pass ya english.. they're pretty strict on qualification...
Soaring above all

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 8:36 pm

Hey girls...

I've received some PMs pertaining to scoliosis...

In case some of you dun know, it's got to do with ya spine. Not everyone are born with straight spine.. Scoliosis is S-shape spine.. and i got them..
I'm born with it.. but mine is a mild one..

i understand some of you are very anxious whether does it affect your chance.. as long as your curve is less than 20 degrees, you're on the safe side..

it's more common in females than in males..
Soaring above all

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 9:11 pm

VeniE wrote:
hellokittylove wrote:omg! im so nervous for the coming mgmt interview.. hi venie..can i add u too?
have pm ya :wink:
hmm.. can add me too...? :)
im also v nervous about e management too..keep missing e call from SIA... missed e calls ytd n today.. sianz... when i want to pick up, it became missed call.. haiz

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 9:24 pm

starrynitezz wrote:
VeniE wrote:
hellokittylove wrote:omg! im so nervous for the coming mgmt interview.. hi venie..can i add u too?
have pm ya :wink:
hmm.. can add me too...? :)
im also v nervous about e management too..keep missing e call from SIA... missed e calls ytd n today.. sianz... when i want to pick up, it became missed call.. haiz
have pm ya..
Soaring above all

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

SIA Requirements

Post by gladys_lopez » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 9:29 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm really keen to join SIA as my dream is to be a wine sommelier on board. I once met this guy who was a wine sommelier for SIA and he gets to visit all the top vineyards from around the world. He has also encouraged me to join. Do you think SIA will consider me if i told them i will like to dedicate to their wine team? I have tried twice and failed at first round cause i was too nervous and was shaking.. and to think that i am in wine sales :oops: I also have qualifications only up to certificate (a private cert before diploma) but i can converse quite well in English and am quite proficient in it. Also.. does having a small gap between the 2 front teeth matter? Hope somebody can help me in my queries. Thanks! :)
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:12 pm

VeniE, i have just added u... hehe... do update us when ur training start k? hee :lol:

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:16 pm

hi everyone, do u think i should email SIA about my management interview or should i wait for their call again? i missed their calls a few times leh... :???: 2nd day already..

btw, i went for e 1-1 on last friday..

pacficgal

Post by pacficgal » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:20 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:
pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?
ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?
i'm staying at tampines.. u can pm if u live ard my area..

pacficgal

Post by pacficgal » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:22 pm

poppinchampagne wrote:
ChLoeGer wrote:
pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?
ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?
hi chloeger, when was ur management and medical test?

i had my mgt on the 4th dec den the med wa on the 5th..

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:23 pm

starrynitezz wrote:VeniE, i have just added u... hehe... do update us when ur training start k? hee :lol:
yup..
sure..keke..
Soaring above all

Inspiredsand

Post by Inspiredsand » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:33 pm

First of all, congrats Venie and the rest who will be starting training very soon! =)

But for myself, things are not as good. I've yet to receive any calls from SIA. i went for a repeat xray on sat 9 dec, seen my xray report and the doc told me no scoliosis at all. but.... somehow... no news means bad news? =( does anybody have any idea? will they call regardless if you are in or out? omg... i'm getting anxious, nervous, worried and unjust all at the same time!

god bless~