Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 1:17 am

pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?
wow, thats fast. when was ur management round and when did u go for the checkup? hmm..

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 1:22 am

hey xangac,

thank u very much.
i will do my best... :)

u oso, dun eva give up,k? we all gotta pursue wat we want... :D
Dreams Do Come True

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 1:59 am

salvana wrote:hey xangac,

thank u very much.
i will do my best... :)

u oso, dun eva give up,k? we all gotta pursue wat we want... :D

Hehe yup I wont give up, counting down to January for the rumoured next-to-be recruitment. Hope to hear the good news from you! :)
And so my journey begins... :)

green_tea

Post by green_tea » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 2:43 am

Hi,

did anyone of u manage to get in before ur 6mth ban is up? how long did you all wait before trying again?

ChLoeGer

Post by ChLoeGer » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 7:39 am

pacficgal wrote:hi ppl.. i've rec the call from SIA tis afternoon.. my training wil start jan 16.. anyone also having the same training date?
ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?

poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 8:01 am

ChLoeGer wrote:
ME TOO!!! where r u staying?? wanna meet first?
hi chloeger, when was ur management and medical test?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 9:01 am

RubyAngel wrote:Hi peepz,

Am new around here but i've been reading the forum for quite some time. Went for the 1 dec interview but got cut at the kabaya fitting round. It's my first time though, so I'm determined to try again.

I last measured that my height was 158cm, but during the first height measurement at the interview, she recorded me at 167.5cm, then the kabaya fitting measured me at 156.9cm! Sigh.... wondering if i got booted out for my height...

Vernie, You went to the STAR course right? any comment about the course? I've already sent my particulars, now waiting for the next course to start.
I would say that overall is a great one.. They touch on topic about roles of cabin crew and what to expect during the cabin crew interview..

the trainer will run thru a mock interview with you and advice you on what you should improve on and so on..

The information provided was not very indepth but sufficient enough to know what to do during the cabin crew interview. Coz the course is conducted one full day.. it was fun actually coz the trainer will share her experience with you. Their trainer were mostly SIA ex-cabin crew..

it's a good course to prepare you for the interview and suits those ppl who're unsure whether cabin crew is the right job for ya.

A lot of the information can be found in this forum, if you think the course is a bit too expensive can always spend some time reading. If you don't mind the money, do go for it.. have some fun, you'll meet ppl there and make new friends :wink:
Soaring above all

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:41 am

hi Venie,

can share with us, is it the course that help you pass through this time interview? my friend encourage me to go for this couse to improve on my presentation skill during interview. but the course fee a bit expensive lhe

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:51 am

sakiya wrote:hi Venie,

can share with us, is it the course that help you pass through this time interview? my friend encourage me to go for this couse to improve on my presentation skill during interview. but the course fee a bit expensive lhe
the course did help me on my english.. the trainer told me that when i speak i do have the confidence but once i became comfortable, my singlish will come out.. and i tend to have many hand gestures as if i making roti prata (lolx!!), so trainer ask me to keep my hands by the side or keep your hands at your waist level hands together just like you see those newsreporters.. A good way to improve the way you speak is to watch the news reporters, be it when you're standing or sitting down.

i did enjoy my day there, made some friends there. the class wasn't very big, abt 10 ppl.. too big group very hard to coach. when you're there you can ask as many questions as you want to. the trainers are nice too.

If i'm not wrong there're 2 price, one is $120 (students & employed) and other one is $210(employed).. actually i only paid for $120..keke.. they dun check de..

overall i did enjoy myself there, at least i know better what i should keep a lookout for.. too bad the course is only 1 day..
Soaring above all

nelo

Post by nelo » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:00 am

will they accept males?
males or females stand a better chance?

ktkhoo

hello...

Post by ktkhoo » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:16 am

anyone here did your medical check-up in Nov 07 but still waiting for SIA to contact you?

any guys here?

poppinchampagne

Re: hello...

Post by poppinchampagne » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:25 am

ktkhoo wrote:anyone here did your medical check-up in Nov 07 but still waiting for SIA to contact you?

any guys here?

yup, still waiting.. u too?
when was ur medical checkup?

ktkhoo

Post by ktkhoo » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:46 am

hey...i did on the 24th Nov 07? how about you? are you one of them who passed the final interview on the 18th Nov?

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:50 am

Thanks a lot Venie for your info:)
update us yah with ur medical report orh :wink:

poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:34 pm

ktkhoo wrote:hey...i did on the 24th Nov 07? how about you? are you one of them who passed the final interview on the 18th Nov?
nope, mine was with Venie on the 6th Dec, nedical checkup the day after only.