Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: help

Post by xanngac » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 4:18 pm

skinny wrote:one more thing xanngac, you mentioned that mgmt interview will ask me those questions, then what about 1-to-1 interview?

what's the difference between this two? i don't quite get it.

anyone can clarify? urgent, thanks!

The last time I went for 1-to-1, the guy just asked about my current job, my hobbies and personality. I actually felt like I was talking to a friend cause he's very friendly. So perhaps this round is more of testing if your personality fits. I had to read a passage cause my GP grade was not too fantastic but it's not difficult. Not sure if this stil applies better check with the rest cause mine was 1 yr ago.

The mgmt interview was conducted by 2 person, one female the other male. They pretty much ask the same thing as 1-to-1 but they will be more particular with your answer in this round cause they want to make sure that you are the right person for this position. They might just ask more questions to find out if you have what it takes to be a cabin crew. So more of personality and attitude towards customer service.

Actually I find both rounds of interview similar just that mgmt interview they go deeper into the discussion topic while 1-to-1 feels more like chit-chatting. But of course that was a yr ago, maybe they changed their expectations again.

Just think if you are the interviewer what characteristics do you want in a cabin crew. Jot down the points and think of how you can present the points to your best advantage if not make you stand out. But don't be too exaggerated they are very experienced interviewers, so they can tell if you are faking it or not.

Ultimately, be prepared, be sincere, be yourself. Don't be nervous (know its not easy but yeah contain it) and remember to sit properly and SMILE. That's what most people who got through said. Take it from those who made it and you should be quite on track.

Just my 2 cents worth hehe. :)

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 5:52 pm

when is the next interview?

pink22

Re: Please Help

Post by pink22 » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:00 pm

skinny wrote:Hey,

Those who got the call/email yesterday for this coming friday's interview, is it just 1-to-1 interview or BOTH 1-to-1 PLUS Management Interview?

And,
What's to be expected from the Management Interview?
Does SIA still conduct WCT?

Any kind soul who can provide any help?
Replies will be appreciated.

Thanks.

hi skinny, in the email, it was stated Round 2 interview.. however, during the walk in interview last Sat.. the lady told us to write down our email address.. the 1-to-1 and management round will be conducted on same day. SIA has removed the WCT from this intake.. not too sure abt future rounds.. all the best tomorrow babe!

any updates from venie and the others who went today? will be praying for y'all!! jiayou! :)

pink22

Post by pink22 » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:03 pm

btw.. i don't have a formal suit.. do u all think its alright if i wear office wear instead.. a long sleeved collar blouse and skirt?

thanks in advance! :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:09 pm

Wa...all my insider tips and news all gone....!!!!! Even have to re-register :x so disappointing :x

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:13 pm

SIA is very very short of crew from now till mid next year, so those who are attending the final round of interview, all the best to you, I think chances are very high that you will get in since you have already gone so far, this time round the emphasis is on proper spoken English, so do your best and awaiting your good news here :wink:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:14 pm

pink22 wrote:btw.. i don't have a formal suit.. do u all think its alright if i wear office wear instead.. a long sleeved collar blouse and skirt?

Yea didnt hear from those who went today.. Wonder if they all made it? Hope they did.

I think its fine, but I will choose the design and colour that looks the most formal and professional. (white shirt, black office skirt with pointies heels) Don't think one can go wrong with this combi right? Anyway cant possibly go and buy one suit just for the interview. :wink:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:14 pm

pink22 wrote:btw.. i don't have a formal suit.. do u all think its alright if i wear office wear instead.. a long sleeved collar blouse and skirt?

That should be good enough :wink:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:16 pm

Abercrombie wrote:SIA is very very short of crew from now till mid next year, so those who are attending the final round of interview, all the best to you, I think chances are very high that you will get in since you have already gone so far, this time round the emphasis is on proper spoken English, so do your best and awaiting your good news here :wink:
Hi Abercrombie, can I know how accurate is your insider info? And do you happen to know when the next recruitment is going to be? hehe thanks. :wink:

pink22

Post by pink22 » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:32 pm

hehe ok.. thanks for the advice! :)

abercrombie, just curious.. how do u know the emphasis is on proper spoken English this time??

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:33 pm

xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:SIA is very very short of crew from now till mid next year, so those who are attending the final round of interview, all the best to you, I think chances are very high that you will get in since you have already gone so far, this time round the emphasis is on proper spoken English, so do your best and awaiting your good news here :wink:
Hi Abercrombie, can I know how accurate is your insider info? And do you happen to know when the next recruitment is going to be? hehe thanks. :wink:
Not 100% sure when is the next interview but 80% sure that it should be around end of Jan- early March. :roll: 100% sure that they are very very short of crew for the 1st quarter of 2008 untill the current batches of new trainee graduated in late April :shock:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:38 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Not 100% sure when is the next interview but 80% sure that it should be around end of Jan- early March. :roll: 100% sure that they are very very short of crew for the 1st quarter of 2008 untill the current batches of new trainee graduated in late April :shock:
Ahh.....!!!! Which means they will be very strict with selection all over again after they hit their intake quota. Please let me get into the next recruitment... [-o<

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:39 pm

pink22 wrote:hehe ok.. thanks for the advice! :)

abercrombie, just curious.. how do u know the emphasis is on proper spoken English this time??
I can't tell you my source lah, its like if I tell you then I will have to kill you or I will kana kill....you know... They have problem recruiting now because of this. Alot of people were rejected and due to the unexpected high turn over rate during the past few months they are really very short of crew right now till next year April :roll: More are expected to leave after the year end bonus :cry:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:48 pm

The problem is even if you have the physical attributes of a stewardess but can't hold a proper conversation or express yourself in English then you will not make the cut. They need new crew now but can't find enough who can speak proper English = Headach for them :tongue:

pink22

Post by pink22 » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 6:52 pm

i see.. thanks for the advice! ok will take note of my English when i speak tomorrow.. :) are u a current crew already or trying out for the interview as well?