Singapore Expats

Sole Distributer or Patent Right..

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
FastCashh
Regular
Regular

Sole Distributer or Patent Right..

Post by FastCashh » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:37 am

Can i apply for patent right in Singapore if the product is not from Singapore and not developed by me?
How long does it take for patent right to be approved?

How can i apply for sole distribution rights for a product? Is it just between me and the supplier/manufactuer ?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Sole Distributer or Patent Right..

Post by ksl » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 3:34 pm

FastCashh wrote:Can i apply for patent right in Singapore if the product is not from Singapore and not developed by me?
How long does it take for patent right to be approved?

How can i apply for sole distribution rights for a product? Is it just between me and the supplier/manufactuer ?
Sorry you cannot apply for a patent in Singapore, if you are not the lawful inventer or designer of the patent.

For sole distribution rights, you will have to discuss with the manufacturer or supplier of the goods, depending who is authorised, to authorise the distribution, normally the importer, would have this right eventually, based on his effort and sales channel record, on a contractual basis, it would probably be renewed, based on sales targets.

This is to stop, eventual competitors sabotaging the product distribution.