Singapore Expats

Private Driving Instructor needed

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
NAG

Private Driving Instructor needed

Post by NAG » Sat, 29 Sep 2007 2:59 pm

Hello

Is anyone able to recommend a private driving instructor? The lead times for booking lessons at the driving centres are too long (the first lesson available at BBDC is in November).

Good English and patience essential.

Thanks.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Superglide » Sat, 29 Sep 2007 6:15 pm

How much are you offering me?

Now respond quickly, I have no time waiting for you!
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Sat, 29 Sep 2007 7:00 pm

Times up! You weren't quick enough. You just lost the best damn instructor you could hire, for a price. :wink:

Charliz

Post by Charliz » Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:23 pm

Hi, if you ever need to look for a private driving instructor around UBI area. Do not look for this man. Name: ANG QUEK FOO. Car Plate: SFZ 2708. My encountered with him is HORRIBLE! He is a registered pte driving instructor under COMFORT DRIVING CENTRE, he teaches around UBI, EUNOS & Yio Chu Kang. During his 1st lesson, he would request you to pay him $50 as an enrollment fee. However later I realized that other instructors only charge $30. Besides the fee, he is irresponsible, hot-temper and very impatient. He is always using his mobile phone while monitoring his student driving! Assuming his students to understand his teaching through his influent mandarin (plus a little Hokkien); he would be very displeased if you need him to explain to you again with much unwillingness. He will criticize u for being dumb or inattentive and give you a ‘black-face’ throughout your whole lesson. As you might think this is not demoralizing enough, he would start comparing u with other students learning on e road, asking,”

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:32 pm

Charliz

If your driving is anything like most people here that already have a license, I wouldn't blame him for having a black face! It's possible that you are totally incompetent and he just couldn't handle it any more. Let's face it, you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lefthanded
Regular
Regular

Post by lefthanded » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 4:11 pm

Hello

Is anyone able to recommend a private driving instructor? The lead times for booking lessons at the driving centres are too long (the first lesson available at BBDC is in November).

Thanks.
The driving instructor who taught me conducts his lessons around yio chu kang area. Not sure if you're interested.

Good english? I'm not sure but patience? He's the most patient instructor I've met. :)
It's not the colour of the skin that matters, it's the colour of the heart;
its shade is that of burnt skin

utmostpersonal

Post by utmostpersonal » Mon, 29 Sep 2008 2:54 pm

The driving instructor who taught me conducts his lessons around yio chu kang area. Not sure if you're interested.

Good english? I'm not sure but patience? He's the most patient instructor I've met.
Hi, i'm new to expats.
so unable to PM you. can you PM me instead?
[/quote]

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blue Sapphire » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 3:44 pm

I just did a refresher course with an instructor and I though he was very good. It was around ubi. Speaks english well and patient. I would recommed him anytime. PM me for his contact if interested.

yupgi

Post by yupgi » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 10:32 am

lefthanded wrote:
Hello

Thanks.

Good english? I'm not sure but patience? He's the most patient instructor I've met. :)
Hi lefthanded,

I'm looking for a private instructor at YCK area, do you mind to PM me the details of the instructor?

erm.. to check with you, is it the same instructor for driving on road and circuit? Cos i was introduced an instructor but he only teach road driving and not circuit drive, dun wanna be so troublesome to look for 2 separate instructors.
Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 9:15 pm

You might wait for a long time for an answer as it's been over a year since the poster in question has posted on this forum. Hope you are not in a hurry. You really need to look at the date of the posts and check the profile of the poster to see if they are active still.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

konya

Refresher course

Post by konya » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 2:13 pm

Blue Sapphire wrote:I just did a refresher course with an instructor and I though he was very good. It was around ubi. Speaks english well and patient. I would recommed him anytime. PM me for his contact if interested.
please give me his contact. I desperately need a refresher course. Thank you.

-_-"

hi

Post by -_-" » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 1:26 pm

Hi, i need a private instructor at amk area. Can anyone intro me a good instructor? Thanks alot! :D

jazzgirl

refresher driving lessons in singapore

Post by jazzgirl » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 4:11 pm

[quote="Blue Sapphire"]I just did a refresher course with an instructor and I though he was very good. It was around ubi. Speaks english well and patient. I would recommed him anytime. PM me for his contact if interested.[/quote]

Can you please give me the instructor's contact? Pls pm me as I am new to this Forum. Thanks very much.

nings

refresher course

Post by nings » Sun, 08 Mar 2009 8:47 pm

Hi,Can you also pm me the contact for the refresher course

Wenqian

Post by Wenqian » Tue, 05 May 2009 2:47 pm

Blue Sapphire wrote:I just did a refresher course with an instructor and I though he was very good. It was around ubi. Speaks english well and patient. I would recommed him anytime. PM me for his contact if interested.
Can u please PM me the instructor contact no.? Thanks...