Singapore Expats

SIA Walk-in intv on 20 October

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
softie

Post by softie » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 3:24 pm

my group is 60... interviewed by these 2 ladies who looked like they were really hungry and bored.. from their facial expressions..

wonder what they are looking for.. sigh

michieeee

Post by michieeee » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 3:31 pm

Hi all,

Just got back from the interview and I GOT IN!!! Really didn't expect myself to get through all of the rounds. In fact, I thought I will fail the kebaya round but was pleasantly surprised!

Basically my group was quite early and from the first round, 5 of us got through.. Thought they were quite lenient. The previous group had 4 of them getting through so it's kinda weird that some groups had none passing the first round.

Really surprised as well that this recruitment was all interviews in one day itself. So there was no water confidence test. Instead, after the final interview (which is also the management round), we were given a date to go for medical check-up. So it's kinda fast this time round.

I heard from this lady that the next recruitment would be in December so those ladies who didn't manage to succeed, I'm sure you all can try for the next one!

Good luck ladies!

Zenpaki

Post by Zenpaki » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 3:43 pm

Hey all,

I also went for the interview today. I was grp 9(guys). My grp 1st rnd (3/10), 2nd rnd (2/3) and finally management round (1/2)

And yes i GOT IN! This is my 1st attempt and was seriously surprised. I actually "screwed up" a lil during the 1st round as i murmured my words as i was SOOO nervous, and i tot i was going home for sure . To my surprise i made it..

And as michee abv said, all interview rounds were today. And WCT has been "phased out" according to the SIA lady outside the room.

The management ladies were hard to predict. Cant tell if they like you or not but they were friendly.

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 4:08 pm

hi, awake from my nap... hee..

didn't pass round 1 too. today was so strict compare to the last walk in. so sad, want to make it to the 1 to 1 round, but failed. maybe not meant to be cabin crew plus age is really catching up on me. saw so many young n pretty girls today, i feel so old, auntie n haggard... felt like i am an old woman trying to compete with the sweet young things.... :(

anyway, reached around 10am. my gp only got 1 girl pass round 1 and the gp before me, only got 2 girls passing. weird, cos i saw quite a few well-groom and pretty ladies in the gp before me and they didn't pass. as for me gp, i tot 4 will pass cos they are tall, sweet and confident.

as for my interviewers, 1 middle age guy and 1 young girl. the young girl i think she was my interviewers on my 2nd walk in , haha. i was nervous when i saw her, cos she is very very strict and seems to prefer very young girls. plus she always like to ask questions in the middle of our speech. and she always look bored and stern.

sorry for talking so much.. just want to voice out la... kinda theraputic... :)

so this time, she was like having chewing gum in her mouth as she keep chewing and again look very bored and kinda can't be bothered look. as for the guy, he is ok, normal.. hahaha..

haix... again, so sad............. suddenly feel that maybe i am not meant to be cabin crew.....

good luck to those who made it to manangment round! :)

p.s did anyone see any older ladies going for interviews? and bigger size ladies too? hehe.... cos my gp, the ladies are so young, ranging from 21 to 24 only! i felt ancient......

noophz

Post by noophz » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 4:22 pm

How many rounds of interviews are there today?

I failed at 3rd round..I feel so sad and bad about it!!

At first I thought I will fail at kebaya round...however I managed to get through...so sad that my journey ended at 3rd round....I was interviewed by Panel D and he seemed to be bored by me...if only I can make it through...I will only need to go for medical check up and join the others :x

esah

Post by esah » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 8:48 pm

Hey all, i went today too. Was in group 12. Didn't not make it.. *sobs*

To me, i couldn't speak coz i was so nervous. Stammered and started muttering some crap. My interviewer was a cross-eyed guy (hope he's not reading.. hurhur) and a lady who was scrutinising each and every one of us.

My group, 4 of them got in. So jealous but it's ok. Hehe. Btw, can we try the one in dec? Wad abt the 6months' ban?

To all who made it, congratulations!

jenn

Post by jenn » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:33 pm

aiyo girl, u so cute, saying ur interviewer a cross-eyed guy :cool:

don't worry, try again in dec. there is no 6mths ban. only when u failed at the management round, then there is a 6mths ban. :)

jenn

Post by jenn » Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:54 pm

anyone in group 43 at today's walk in? my friend was in group 43 and she wants to say hi to the girls in group 43 and wants to know if the 2 girls who pass rd 1, made it thru all the way? she doesn't have an account in the forum.

thanks. :)

softie

Post by softie » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:08 am

im feeling very demoralised. guess i dont have the X factor they are looking for.

dont know if i should still try out the next walk-in interview...

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:28 am

Zenpaki wrote:Hey all,

I also went for the interview today. I was grp 9(guys). My grp 1st rnd (3/10), 2nd rnd (2/3) and finally management round (1/2)

And yes i GOT IN! This is my 1st attempt and was seriously surprised. I actually "screwed up" a lil during the 1st round as i murmured my words as i was SOOO nervous, and i tot i was going home for sure . To my surprise i made it..

And as michee abv said, all interview rounds were today. And WCT has been "phased out" according to the SIA lady outside the room.

The management ladies were hard to predict. Cant tell if they like you or not but they were friendly.
Hey Zenpaki,

Congrats on clearing all the rounds today!!! May i ask if there was a round where they actually ask u to do some "modelling" thingy? Like walking back n forth for them to check on ur posture n stuff :lol:

aphrokittee

Post by aphrokittee » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:50 am

i reached Swissotel at 8:30am and there was already a queue at the entrance of the SIA walk-in! so i wasn't able to meet anyone from this forum :(

they didn't take our height and weight this time round. probably because they just had to rush through all the applicants (too many). we only had to remove our shoes and reach for a point on a wall.

i was in Group 7 and the question posted to my group was 'name one strength and weakness about yourself'. unfortunately, none from my group made it through the first round. even though there was this one girl who i thought did really well but didn't make it through either.

nonetheless, being booted out at my 2nd try made me even more determine to come back in december to try again.

to all those who made it through: CONGRATULATIONS! :wave:

and to those who didn't make it through, DON'T GIVE UP! :wink:

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 1:00 am

michieeee wrote:Hi all,

Just got back from the interview and I GOT IN!!! Really didn't expect myself to get through all of the rounds. In fact, I thought I will fail the kebaya round but was pleasantly surprised!

Basically my group was quite early and from the first round, 5 of us got through.. Thought they were quite lenient. The previous group had 4 of them getting through so it's kinda weird that some groups had none passing the first round.

Really surprised as well that this recruitment was all interviews in one day itself. So there was no water confidence test. Instead, after the final interview (which is also the management round), we were given a date to go for medical check-up. So it's kinda fast this time round.

I heard from this lady that the next recruitment would be in December so those ladies who didn't manage to succeed, I'm sure you all can try for the next one!

Good luck ladies!
hi, congratz on getting e job...! =)
Just wna clarify.......... no wct and management any idea if they are permanently abolished or just for this round....? And does this mean tat failing the 3rd round aka the mgmt round would result in the 6 mth ban thingy.....? o.o

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquagal » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 1:21 am

aphrokittee wrote:i reached Swissotel at 8:30am and there was already a queue at the entrance of the SIA walk-in! so i wasn't able to meet anyone from this forum :(

they didn't take our height and weight this time round. probably because they just had to rush through all the applicants (too many). we only had to remove our shoes and reach for a point on a wall.

i was in Group 7 and the question posted to my group was 'name one strength and weakness about yourself'. unfortunately, none from my group made it through the first round. even though there was this one girl who i thought did really well but didn't make it through either.

nonetheless, being booted out at my 2nd try made me even more determine to come back in december to try again.

to all those who made it through: CONGRATULATIONS! :wave:

and to those who didn't make it through, DON'T GIVE UP! :wink:

Hi,

U was in Group 7? Me too! But didnt know who r u... which num r u? :D

michieeee

Post by michieeee » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 1:26 am

rurik0 wrote:
michieeee wrote:Hi all,

Good luck ladies!
hi, congratz on getting e job...! =)
Just wna clarify.......... no wct and management any idea if they are permanently abolished or just for this round....? And does this mean tat failing the 3rd round aka the mgmt round would result in the 6 mth ban thingy.....? o.o

hi,
basically today we had 4 rounds, ie the self intro, kebaya, 1-1 interview and final round (management round). I think the wct is phased out only for this recruitment. I'm not sure if it's permanently abolished. According to the lady, she said by phasing out the wct during this recruitment is faster.

Failing the third round technically meaning the 1-1 interview? The 6 month ban does not apply to that. So meaning if you fail the 1-1 interview round you are still allowed to apply for the next one. The 4th round aka the mgmt round would be the one where the 6month ban applies. So i'm not exactly sure which one you are referring to.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Cheers!

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 1:33 am

lol....ok i get you. =) so they oni abolished the wct... haha...Tnx alot. planning to try mb in Jan when my ban finishes. Dunno if i can try for the dec one .....o.o