Singapore Expats

SIA Walk-in intv on 20 October

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tamm

Post by tamm » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 5:31 pm

hey hey ppl... i will be going down on sat for the walk-in too.

However, i am in a dilemma regarding what to wear... should i go formal or smart casual?

Keeping my fingers & whatever else possible crossed!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

esah

Post by esah » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 5:57 pm

Hey.. im new here but i have been reading this site for months.. Just want to say that i'm going this saturday too. I'm going alone(sobs!).. Let's all be friendly to the people around us on saturday.. hehe.

I'm as worried as you guys out there, possibly more 'coz i'm still not done with my a'levels. Oh well, let's just pray we all get in yea?

Give it our best shot people.. :wink:

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:11 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:GOOD LUCK to everyone who are going to the walk-in this saturday!
ALL THE BEST to u gals n guys... lucky lucky ya! :D

Especially VeniE and bLiSs-LiCioUs ... u 2 have been trying very hard for all the interviews u have been to... haopefully this time... u can join CEIT and JadeiteJade!

And hopefully i will be able to join u all soon too!!!
JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU!
yeah... as venie mentioned, it's realli sweet of you! i'll try my best and give my best k? hope i won't disappoint those ard me this time. :D

rine_85
Regular
Regular

SIA interview

Post by rine_85 » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:43 am

Hi gal, can i join u guys on this sat interview?
Aquagal wrote:
aphrokittee wrote:1. chris_11
2. bLiSs-LiCioUs
3. VeniE
4. exclusivepink
5. RexEupho
6. aphrokittee
7. Deep_Blue
8. Garychien
9. ellin18
10. Aquagal
11. ojo
12. lovelorn

was thinking if you guys want, maybe we can meet at the entrance of the Atrium Ballroom, 4th Level at 8:30am. please be punctual, so that we do not have to make others wait ;)

Yeah, it is a good idea... :P

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 2:49 am

Deep_Blue wrote:Hey people~!!!

This is my first post after following this thread for a few days. I'm feeling all hyped up for the interviews on the 20th. But yet, also rather concerned over some issues after reading about their strict selection criteria. Hope i can find some useful advice here.

Well, first of all, I'm a guy, to make things clear. Lolz..
This thing about scars... i had a thyroid operation few years back and it left a scar around where the two collar bones meet. Its about 10cm long, but thanks to a job well done by the surgeon, the scar isn't centipede-like. Its not very obvious, but at the same time, i wouldn't say you will miss it if we're talking 1 to 1. However, a collared shirt and tie would totally cover it up already. So, i was wondering if that would be a problem.

Another thing of concern. 4 months back, I was really fat. I weighed in at 127 kgs... But because of this dream to fly, I went on a diet and exercise regime, and today I'm 102 kgs. Still heavy, definitely, but because I'm standing at 1.83m and my bones are rather heavy, I wouldn't say I look fat now. Friends and family members i've asked so far either say i look normal or just a tad bit bigger than the average person, but not fat. So, now one thing is the weight problem. Would they directly cut me out bcuz of the weight, or would they at least gimme a visual assessment?

Then also, because of the weight loss, stretch marks started to appear along the tummy and waist, and a little bit on the shoulders. Damn man, I've got so many physical defects, I'm just hoping a miracle would take me through. Haha...

Anyone care to comment? Thanks
Not to disappoint you but I haven't been seeing any fresh bulky or big sized stewards around recently. And usually those whom are of bigger built get eliminated during the water confidence, usually. :-|

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 2:52 am

tamm wrote:hey hey ppl... i will be going down on sat for the walk-in too.

However, i am in a dilemma regarding what to wear... should i go formal or smart casual?

Keeping my fingers & whatever else possible crossed!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!
Frankly, it doesn't really matter but being prim and proper helps. :P

RexEupho

Post by RexEupho » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 7:53 am

as you mentioned, its "USUALLY"... so there's still the "UNUSUAL" side right? :P

So dont worry too much, just go with a mindset of giving it a try. Dont focus too much on getting thru, but rather on just being yourself. We may be big-sized, but we can be more confident and better mannered than the other guys. Furthermore, from all the previous post, we have found out that, we NEVER noe what SIA is looking for exactly.. So why miss the chance? Just go for it! Go for the experience. Should we fail the interview, its really OK, as we are now MORE experienced and thus we can further improve ourselves on our weakness( in this case, weight?) This is a cliche, but failure is the key to success right? If we dont try, we'll be FOREVER sitting in front of the computer surfing this forum thinking, instead of taking actions on improving ourselves. And i'll say the first step to it, would be to try out and see what the standard is like.. First hand experience is still better than hearing all the comments from those who have went.

SO, deepblue, GO FOR IT! Enough of all these people caying "Not to dissapoint you.." You'll be MORE dissapointed. sitting on ur bum regretting NOT giving it a try...

Oh, btw u asked what time i'll be going? i guess i should reach there ard 9 to 930am? :)

Regards,
REX
M wrote:
Deep_Blue wrote:Hey people~!!!

This is my first post after following this thread for a few days. I'm feeling all hyped up for the interviews on the 20th. But yet, also rather concerned over some issues after reading about their strict selection criteria. Hope i can find some useful advice here.

Well, first of all, I'm a guy, to make things clear. Lolz..
This thing about scars... i had a thyroid operation few years back and it left a scar around where the two collar bones meet. Its about 10cm long, but thanks to a job well done by the surgeon, the scar isn't centipede-like. Its not very obvious, but at the same time, i wouldn't say you will miss it if we're talking 1 to 1. However, a collared shirt and tie would totally cover it up already. So, i was wondering if that would be a problem.

Another thing of concern. 4 months back, I was really fat. I weighed in at 127 kgs... But because of this dream to fly, I went on a diet and exercise regime, and today I'm 102 kgs. Still heavy, definitely, but because I'm standing at 1.83m and my bones are rather heavy, I wouldn't say I look fat now. Friends and family members i've asked so far either say i look normal or just a tad bit bigger than the average person, but not fat. So, now one thing is the weight problem. Would they directly cut me out bcuz of the weight, or would they at least gimme a visual assessment?

Then also, because of the weight loss, stretch marks started to appear along the tummy and waist, and a little bit on the shoulders. Damn man, I've got so many physical defects, I'm just hoping a miracle would take me through. Haha...

Anyone care to comment? Thanks
Not to disappoint you but I haven't been seeing any fresh bulky or big sized stewards around recently. And usually those whom are of bigger built get eliminated during the water confidence, usually. :-|

tare_90

Post by tare_90 » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:19 am

hi ppl,

i be going for the 20 oct walk-in too ...

Deep_blue ,

don;t worry , just go for it .
if never selcted , at least gain experience .
I have a guy friend , who is average weight and height but he nv get in through the first round also .
cause he didn;t speak well as he was too nervous as he was the first to speak that day .

i personally feel that 'smile' and 'able to speak well' on that day is the main key .

:D

if nv got selected then nvm , cause you get to see ' live' those who get in and try to work toward their standard .

i m 163 and 54 kg so as a girl , my weight is also confirm out wan as compare to many .
but i also just go there see see and gain experience .
hehe

hope to see you there

rine_85
Regular
Regular

SIA interview

Post by rine_85 » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:04 pm

Hi, is there any contact no i can reach you when i get dere
on sat?
Aquagal wrote:
aphrokittee wrote:1. chris_11
2. bLiSs-LiCioUs
3. VeniE
4. exclusivepink
5. RexEupho
6. aphrokittee
7. Deep_Blue
8. Garychien
9. ellin18
10. Aquagal
11. ojo
12. lovelorn

was thinking if you guys want, maybe we can meet at the entrance of the Atrium Ballroom, 4th Level at 8:30am. please be punctual, so that we do not have to make others wait ;)

Yeah, it is a good idea... :P

yuanz

Post by yuanz » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 1:41 pm

esah wrote:Hey.. im new here but i have been reading this site for months.. Just want to say that i'm going this saturday too. I'm going alone(sobs!).. Let's all be friendly to the people around us on saturday.. hehe.

I'm as worried as you guys out there, possibly more 'coz i'm still not done with my a'levels. Oh well, let's just pray we all get in yea?

Give it our best shot people.. :wink:
Hey! Just curious..do you have work experience? Like yourself, I'm also aspiring to be a FS and also taking A levels soon..This dream is really distractinng me from my studies, but I didn't dare to attend any of the walk in recruitments because I've not met their requirements. I've tried the write-in just to see whether they'll consider my application but wasnt shortlisted, so I guess i'm not ready now. Wonder whether we're in the same college hah! anyway all the best to you and keep us updated =)

allifee

Post by allifee » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 3:52 pm

so to be a FS for SIA, u need to have the following qualifications, 'A' Level or poly dip..what if i don have any of those quilifications? Can i still apply? I only obtain NITEC n 'N' level certs.. :oops: btw, i'm a guy..

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 4:17 pm

hmm, from what i know, SIA needs you to have 5 O levels including english

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 4:21 pm

Venie and Bliss-lious, jiayou jiayou! both of you have been so determine to be a FA, i am sure your perseverance will pay off! :)

bring us the good news ya...

i hope i can join you guys for the interview, duno if my boss will let me have the sat off.... cross fingers....

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 4:39 pm

pink petals wrote:Venie and Bliss-lious, jiayou jiayou! both of you have been so determine to be a FA, i am sure your perseverance will pay off! :)

i hope i can join you guys for the interview, duno if my boss will let me have the sat off.... cross fingers....
keke.. thanks thanks..

definitely i will give my best on sat... hopefully i can fly this time.. :mrgreen:

do attend also if you can... :wink:
Soaring above all

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 4:43 pm

pink petals wrote:Venie and Bliss-lious, jiayou jiayou! both of you have been so determine to be a FA, i am sure your perseverance will pay off! :)

i'm soooo touched with all the well wishes for me and venie!!! thanks alot babe... hope u will be able to go as well...
erm.. maybe get a mc? haha....