Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lovelorn

5) Management round ( personnels fr management levels access

Post by lovelorn » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 2:28 pm

How do they access you exactly? must bring anything along? if kena eliminated at this round, you will be barred for 6 months right.. god.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 2:55 pm

The interview with the management is like any other job interview....they asked u qns...see your ability to ans the qns they posed revelant to your qualifications, background & job experience. There will be 2 interviewers, one will be listening, the other may be observing your body language & gesture....

They will access if you are really keen & capable enough to manage this job well, as we all know this job has certain level of expectations...
with terms to customer management, looks management & etc

I can only tell from my experience...exactly what they are looking for....i dare not comment too much :D
.CEL.

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquagal » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 8:00 pm

Anyone wants to go for the walk-in interview on 20th at Swissotel? Need some company here... hee.. Pm me if anyone is interested k.... :D :D

ojo

Post by ojo » Fri, 12 Oct 2007 8:40 pm

Aquagal, me too need company. But I cant pm yet. Can you pm me instead?

durianbuttercake

Post by durianbuttercake » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:54 am

To celt:
congratulationS on getting the job. hope that we can work together one day.

i'm a guy from malaysia and i just wandering, were there a lot of guys came for the open call last time ?
i just wander how high is my chances of getting the job.

question:
1 - are all the rounds of interviewS will be held in one day?
2 - is the result after the final round will be announce on the very same day or the candidates will be inform by phone?
3 - am i allowed to show my expression on how much i want this opportunity?
4 - i'm 18 with spm and i stand at height of 1.81 m and weighs 65 kg. are my features will make me stand out from the male crowd?

just to let you know, i want to get into the job really badly.
i pray hard and i train hard with my stewardess friend.
everyday is an opportunity for me to gain new knowledge on stewarding.
i live, i breathe thinking of this future career.
please reply A.S.A.P

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Sat, 13 Oct 2007 7:48 pm

Hello DurianButterCake,

I am amazed at your desire....
My answers may not be the perfect one, but i will try my utmost best to answer your queries :

1) For the coming 20 Oct 2007 walk in interview, i believe that 3 rounds will be conducted on the same day - grp of 10 self intro speech(1) weight+height & skin check(2) and 1-1 interivew(3)

2) Yes, the final rd-also known as management rd-results will be released to u immediately after the interview...at the spot....either yes or no

3) Hw are u going to show yr expression ? ? i guess dont overreact, it may put u in a bad spot....interviewer are loooking at first impression, language capability, confidence level & etc...just make sure u r at yr best when answering the questions.....they will be able to tell hw sincere u want this job..thr your answers, esp during the 1-1 interview...but well, u need to pass the 1st & 2nd rds & that depends if they think u have the attributes to undertake this position

4) i am not too sure abt their expectation of air-steward....i guesss as long u look presentable on the whole, give a good first impression, it should be fine..

All the Best ! :D
.CEL.

kaozzzzzz

HiHi

Post by kaozzzzzz » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 1:36 am

Hi Durian Butter Cake....

Everyone wanna the job as well! I had to go thru 3 times....

anyway,as much as u want the job, I think maybe these would help...(from my experience)

Rd 1:: Confident and Steady...some were over-confident...in the end they were so malu and disappointed... most who go through do not show any signs of panicking...they are able to bring out themselves as if they are just having a conversation...oh yah...stand uprite...good posture counts...If you really want the job, just a suggestion....keep emphasizing that you are very much into customer service.....thats what I told my friends and they usually clear rd one....hehe

Rd 2:: checking of nails and the way u walk...just don flick ur hand too high...walk with glam i guess...hehe (no questions were given to me...but I heard some guys saying that they asked how he maintained his complexion)

Rd 3 :: 1-1 interview-- they would try to bombard you questions like "How do you think you can contribute to the company" "Why do you want to be a steward" "What do you see yourself in so x x yrs?"
Guess try to answer back with confidence...

Do you have experience in customer service? If you have that would be great cos they would tend to ask questions about your former jobs as well....You'll have more topic to talk on!

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 1:25 pm

CelT wrote:Hello DurianButterCake,

I am amazed at your desire....
My answers may not be the perfect one, but i will try my utmost best to answer your queries :

1) For the coming 20 Oct 2007 walk in interview, i believe that 3 rounds will be conducted on the same day - grp of 10 self intro speech(1) weight+height & skin check(2) and 1-1 interivew(3)

2) Yes, the final rd-also known as management rd-results will be released to u immediately after the interview...at the spot....either yes or no

3) Hw are u going to show yr expression ? ? i guess dont overreact, it may put u in a bad spot....interviewer are loooking at first impression, language capability, confidence level & etc...just make sure u r at yr best when answering the questions.....they will be able to tell hw sincere u want this job..thr your answers, esp during the 1-1 interview...but well, u need to pass the 1st & 2nd rds & that depends if they think u have the attributes to undertake this position

4) i am not too sure abt their expectation of air-steward....i guesss as long u look presentable on the whole, give a good first impression, it should be fine..

All the Best ! :D
babe,
is water confidence and management same day??? or have to go back another day for it?
*smile always

aphrokittee

Post by aphrokittee » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 3:41 am

do they reject girls with tattoos located on their upper arm, shoulder blade, or whichever area that is not able to be seen when a kebaya is worn? :-|

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 9:52 am

Hey Superpinky,

Water Confidence Test & Management rd is usually on a different day..unless specially reqeusted by them...if not, after the 20 Oct, u will go for your WCT...then, if clear, to management rd on another day :D

Dear Aphro girl,

I guess should be fine...as long can be covered by kebaya....should not be a prob....i had a girl who had a tatoo on her back....(saw during WCT)...but she manage to clear too :)
.CEL.

noophz

Post by noophz » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 3:26 pm

How do we differentiate confidence and arrogance? Because everytime when I go for SIA interview, I always want to be different (lolz). Other candidates usually talk about their current job and why they want to join SIA. Me, on the other hand, talk about my academic qualifications and my country of origin (Indonesia). Should I just go with the flow and introduce myself like how other candidates did? I always got rejected -.-"

And one thing...I always speak too fast...but that's the way I talk...guess it shows that I am panicking

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 5:08 pm

noophz wrote:How do we differentiate confidence and arrogance?
Confidence: being sure of yourself; believing you can do something but remember you have to work at whatever it is you are attempting but remember that involves discipline and or dedication.

Arrogance: disregarding others assuming you are right, won't be told anything.
And one thing...I always speak too fast...but that's the way I talk...guess it shows that I am panicking
You need to slow down be clear, concise and to the point: one quality they are looking for. You wouldn't hear a flight attendant say anymore than they need to when making an annoucement. Clarity is important as you as an FA need to appear calm and be understood and by people whose understanding of English may be poor - something to work on. :wink:

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 9:18 pm

whose case will b worst than mine...
wasted so much effort n time n money, passed my management round, medical check up, went for english course, now was told tat i was rejected...

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:07 pm

Ferrin,

Geez....I'm sorry to hear that.
What did SIA told you?
Any particular reason y they did so?

Anyway, if you're not banned for the 6 mths thingy, you can always try again on this coming 20th interview.
Dreams Do Come True

kaozzzzzz

Post by kaozzzzzz » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:45 am

Ferrin,

What's the reason? Care to share?
I just had my medical check...that bloody woman told me to wait for call, and if nothing happens, can start on 17th Oct. But till now no call...I called them up today, only to hear that the lady in charge is out of office for course.... and I wont be hearing from them so soon.... :x (for nothing I become gan jeong spider....)

By the way, before I got into this, I had my disappointments as well....I was marked by 1 bloody old man...keep marking me....even when I when for the previous 2 interviews 9 months apart! Everytime jammed at the Water Confidence Test....

Luckily this time there's no more water confidence, I don't have to go through that :mad:

By the way, are you local? Why would you have to go through the English Test?