Singapore Expats

lack of good radio stations

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Conscripted

lack of good radio stations

Post by Conscripted » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 6:31 pm

i find that there is a lack of good radio stations here. not sure if anyone here shares my sentiments. we get cheesy teeny pop stations like you know who and some so called smooth listening songs from some station that shall remain nameless. the only other decent radio station is 91.3. but i find that although they have some good songs, they also play some dance music that sound quite crap. what i have in mind is techno. paul van dyck and others are good though. anyway, maybe i'm just too fussy. stuck to listening to BBC radio. it's really good thu. but i do want some good music on the airwaves too. guess i'm just stuck with my CDs.

Jianada

Post by Jianada » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 7:39 pm

I agree with you that there aren't any good stations. Power 98 plays some half decent music but only for a couple of hours a day.

It's not just the music that is bad but also the radio personalities.

Conscripted

Post by Conscripted » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 8:08 pm

power 98 is alright sometimes i agree. but their almost hourly defence news update is really annoying. radio personalities are really crap as well. they seem to force themselves to talk so much and act so cute. almost like they like to hear their own voices. ok. i should not be so harsh. i actually know someone who was a DJ.

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 9:14 pm

tat's the local taste i think. if u have any good idea on how they shld play their music. do give them a mail. snail mail or email, wat ever. i'm sure they take a look and if enuf ppl wants things to be done that way, they'll try to make it so. if not, too bad, we listen to wat ever they play and switch FM when it's crappy. haha :)

pastrian.allac

Post by pastrian.allac » Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:44 am

When comes to taste of music, to each its own. Bear in mind that radio is a means of media to get whatever important messages across to varied listeners. If you don't like certain station, just switch channel. Those people working in radio station have been striving to produce good programmes too.. so be appreciative. Imagine if you're one without TV at home, and only have to rely on radio to receive news, get entertained, etc.. would you be complaining so much? Sorry, don't mean to insult anybody here. Just to share my humble opinions :)

Jianada

Post by Jianada » Thu, 30 Dec 2004 3:32 pm

Geeze mom, we're just venting. :?

pastrian.allac

Post by pastrian.allac » Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:50 am

Jianada, sorry if it offends you. As I posted here, "Sorry, don't mean to insult anybody here. Just to share my humble opinions". I really mean no harm ok?

Jianada

Post by Jianada » Fri, 31 Dec 2004 4:19 pm

No worries, just having fun. :D

Sonus
Regular
Regular

Post by Sonus » Sat, 01 Jan 2005 5:25 pm

But if you guys want some acid jazz or some soothing tunes, check out the new 99.5fm. :wink: