Singapore Expats

Custom Furniture

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
TDP

Custom Furniture

Post by TDP » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 2:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to Singapore and would like to get some nice furntiure without spending a fortune. I heard Furniture Mall, Park Mall, and Dempsey Road are all good places to shop so I'll be checking them out this weekend.

I'd also like to know more about custom furniture. How does one find a designer? How much does it usually cost? Are the pieces high quality? Can someone recommend a designer they have used?

Thanks so much!

cocobernese

frniture for sale

Post by cocobernese » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:08 pm

Hi
I am planning to move out of Singapore and I have great selection of funiture / household items for sale.

I was from NYC and all the funiture are from Ethan Allan shipped from NYC last year.

If you are interested drop me an email at [email protected] so I can foward pictures and list.

cheers

Stephanie
Last edited by cocobernese on Thu, 04 Oct 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unionvillage

Post by unionvillage » Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:43 pm

You can Try Picket & Rail at 566 Woodlands Road. They have customised furniture such as American Size bed & Mattress. Visit their website @ www.picketandrail.com for more details
UNION VILLAGE

ryanc

Custom furniture

Post by ryanc » Sun, 07 Oct 2007 4:54 pm

You can check out these guys - www.soholiving.com.sg

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Mon, 08 Oct 2007 8:26 am

for custom furniture, you might try a day trip to malacca, there are a few furniture makers there. bring photos of what you like and measurements and they can give you a quotation. there used to be one here, china woodcraft i think? not sure they are still in business, they did make lovely things.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Superglide » Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:18 am

No need to make a trip all the way to melacca?

At Dempsey Road, there is Woody Antique house. They do full customisation of Chinese and Burmese furniture.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Mon, 08 Oct 2007 1:06 pm

true, there are other places like esco on river valley that will make anything. hor cane will also custom make furniture. the quality is fine, but for those special pieces -- family heirloom type stuff i'd still go to malacca. the detailing and the finish work is very nice and its a fun excursion. depends what you're looking for really. very easy to get upholstered furniture custom made here -- and cheap.