Singapore Expats

Thinking of investing 2mln USD in Singapore

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
brownsugar

Thinking of investing 2mln USD in Singapore

Post by brownsugar » Sat, 22 Sep 2007 4:50 pm

Hi Folks,am non Singaporean and am thinking of investing close to 2million USD here.I justneed some advice about the business climate here.My initial plan is to buy shares in some leading local companies.
Please if anyone can provide me with a little advice i will be greatful.Please be serious when you response.Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Sep 2007 7:24 pm

If that's all the chump change you can cough up, why bother? :?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Liqin

Post by Liqin » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 2:40 am

Industries in the trend now..
1. Medical 2. Environmental 3.IT 4.BioTechnology 5. Leisure 6. Finance.
Integrated Resorts and leisure Industry is moving up.. can pm me if you wanna know more.

Abby113

Post by Abby113 » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:48 pm

I work in the marketing services industry...

From my understanding, it would be good to get into businesses that would be in direct relation to MICE...cause with the IRs coming up and the strategic location of singapore known for our management skills, I'm confident that Singapore will soon be know as a MICE heaven more so than Hong Kong simply because our hotels are rated more reasonably.

Do let me know if you have more queries, maybe I can help you out or we can chat deeper into this topic =)
Independance!!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Oct 2007 1:27 pm

Abby113 wrote:I work in the marketing services industry...

From my understanding, it would be good to get into businesses that would be in direct relation to MICE...cause with the IRs coming up and the strategic location of singapore known for our management skills, I'm confident that Singapore will soon be know as a MICE heaven more so than Hong Kong simply because our hotels are rated more reasonably.

Do let me know if you have more queries, maybe I can help you out or we can chat deeper into this topic =)
Abby113,

I'll have to say, I think your signature says it all if you believe this guy!

He has only made two posts and the other one is just about as bad. Not only that, he writes and sounds like a local a school kid.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... ht=#284919
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

expatseager

Post by expatseager » Sun, 21 Oct 2007 5:12 pm

Can cosco stock. good investment in singapore

mecuryking

Re: Thinking of investing 2mln USD in Singapore

Post by mecuryking » Thu, 24 Jan 2008 7:19 pm

brownsugar wrote:Hi Folks,am non Singaporean and am thinking of investing close to 2million USD here.I justneed some advice about the business climate here.My initial plan is to buy shares in some leading local companies.
Please if anyone can provide me with a little advice i will be greatful.Please be serious when you response.Thanks
invest already? lol

MikeDirnt
Regular
Regular

Post by MikeDirnt » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:40 am

:shock:
just came across this forum from google search.

hi with that 2million amount, if i were to invest in high yielding stocks, i can retire living on the dividends alone
Guides and information -> Singapore Stocks