Singapore Expats

Salsa Anyone?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
BrownLeo
Regular
Regular

Salsa Anyone?

Post by BrownLeo » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 4:35 pm

I have just completed my Salsa Intermediate 1 and moving on to Intermediate 2. The class is on Saturdays at 3pm to 4pm. The studio is at Tanjong Pagar. The class statrt date is not confirmed yet.
I am looking for salsa mates , gals and guys, to enrol in the course. For details pls pm me and we can take it up from there.

soulkittenz

Post by soulkittenz » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 5:15 pm

I can't PM yet... can post or PM me more details about the course? Is it at JJsalsarengue or dance enmotion or... what are the fees and how many sessions? Is it a private class, as in not advertised at the studio's website? Thanks!

Onyx

Post by Onyx » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:04 am

Hi guys,
great to find other Salsa-Lovers here. I've completed Beginner level and are now taking intermediate - and I'm also looking for an intermediate (guy)partner to practice with.

Have you tried Union Square before? It's a Salsa bar at Amara Hotel, Tanjong Pagar, so quite close to the dance studios. Was planning to go there this coming friday. The crowd will start to fill in at about 11pm - so before that there's enough space to practice (plus it's free flow drinks for ladies).

So if anyone is interested, pls drop a line! :)

Derba

Post by Derba » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:29 pm

Hi,

My friends and I try go to the Union square to practice once a week. We have a mix of beginner/intermediate levels. You can join us if you want.
All the English mistakes in my posts have been made purposely.

Onyx

Post by Onyx » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:42 pm

hey,
that would be great! when are you guys going next time?

Derba

Post by Derba » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:53 pm

Most of the time we go on wednesday (after our class). We are not going this week because of a dinner tmw. I will try to ask them if they are willing to go this friday.
Where are you taking your classes? Most of us a re taking classes at dance attitude in Tanjong Pagar.

Onyx

Post by Onyx » Tue, 02 Oct 2007 2:06 pm

I took classes at Dance En Motion, which is also in Tanjong Pagar. Will continue there, too - just now their classes don't fit into my schedule.

If you guys are going on friday, let me know. we'll post it here and if anyone else is interested they can join as well :)

Derba

Post by Derba » Thu, 04 Oct 2007 1:11 pm

For this Friday, I am the only one able to go.
And we (at least three) are going for sure next Wednesday.

Onyx

Post by Onyx » Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:11 am

If you wanna join, just pm me your email/number and I'll let u know, what time we're going. Can? :wink:

BrownLeo
Regular
Regular

Salsa People!

Post by BrownLeo » Sat, 06 Oct 2007 6:30 pm

I managed to find my thread finally. I do go to the union square to practise on Wednesdays. Bet must have seen you guys there.

By the way you people interested in joining intermediate 2 class on Saturdays at 3pm. I am looking for some mates to join the class. If you know of some good schools offering Intermediate 2 on Saturdays do let me know. Appreciate your help.

ok_sin

Post by ok_sin » Sat, 06 Oct 2007 7:50 pm

Hi, I just started dancing salsa, taking the basic course now. My school is at chinatown mrt and it is pretty good i think. They do have Inter Salsa on Sat, at 8 15pm (as on any other day, same time). U can check their websait www.actfa.com

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:51 am

hiii i need to check for Salsa beginner 1..what is taught ?? also I have a friend interested to learn salsa..but she is heavy and is afraid that she might not be able to turn easily.. is there such a thing that only slim people will find it easy to learn salsa ..
Always have a smile on that face!

Derba

Post by Derba » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:53 am

You don't need to be slim for dancing salsa, your friend can easily learn.
At actfa studio, the beginner class is always the same. First, you will be taught the three basic steps. Then, with a partner, you will learn the simple turn and another simple movement called cross body lead.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 9:51 am

Is actfa studio good ?? I tried searching for Attitude Dance studio,2 LEft feet,,ang Groove but no classes starting for beginners soon. :(
Always have a smile on that face!

Derba

Post by Derba » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:12 am

On Sundays, they have a special offer. You pay 7$ for one drink, and you can try one beginner lesson(you can also go for the intermediate just after). Then you will have an idea of what they teach and how they teach it before deciding to join them.