Singapore Expats

Tanjong Rhu - isolated or the perfect place?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
the colemans

Tanjong Rhu - isolated or the perfect place?

Post by the colemans » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 7:14 pm

Hi all
having a 2nd viewing at water place and sanctuary green tomorrow. will be working in CBD and Wife and two children <3 will accompany me here in Singapore for 2 years.
Is Tanjong Rhu too isolated? worried about 'cabin fever' creeping in? Taxis are so cheap that it'll be easy to get to Parkway Parade in inext to no time... and I think there are restaurants over the bridge next to the indoor Stadium...

anyone got any views?

Thanks in advance.
James

Search By

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 8:15 pm

Just be careful about taxis being 'cheap'. The fare itself may be reasonable but during the peak hours watch out for:

a) Morning/afternoon rush charge.
b) CBD charge
c) Increased 'on call' charge if you dial one up.

Can easily spend $15 on an $8 meter ride.

margt

Post by margt » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 8:48 pm

Mr Coleman,
We looked at those places too and thought they were a bit far away from amenities so decided on the Cote D'Azur right next to Parkway Parade. We chose this place because we don't have a car and everything we need on our doorstep. My husband takes the bus plus service or sometime the 196 express into the CBD everyday and it takes no more than 30 minutes door to door. We also have 2 little ones under the age of 3yrs.

scotslass

Post by scotslass » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 7:57 pm

We live at Water Place. I wouldnt say its isolated along Tanjong Rhu. There is a shuttle bus that goes to and from Parkway Parade every half hour, and there are also shuttle buses that go to and from the CBD at frequent intervals. There are a few restaurants over the bridge and a pub has opened up there recently. There is also work going on to build a leisure park and a supermarket next to the Indoor Stadium - I believe it opens sometime before the end of the year. There are loads of families with young children, its a great place to live.

the colemans

Thank you Scotslass...

Post by the colemans » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:35 am

Your post is really comforting as we opted for a Water Place... I saw about 20 others and whilst I'm sure there is a perfect place, with the perfect mix, for the right money... but life's too short and so I'm pleased with our choice. We pick the keys up 23 Oct... (touch wood!) and can't wait. The supermarket and shops opening up just over the bridge and the proximity to the CBD are great... and the project has a really friendly feel to it... see you round the pool?

James and Katherine (and Maddy and Lucy)

scotslass

Post by scotslass » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 6:01 pm

Hey, great. Drop me a PM when you move in!