Singapore Expats

Damn - done it again

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Damn - done it again

Post by sillingw » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 1:00 pm

When I first arrived in Singapore a couple of years ago, I was dumb enough to believe the no crime message (I do now understand it's low - crime) but I would blithly leave my cash card in my motorbike wherever i went - now first understand that I had never in my life had to manage a plastic card on my motor bike so it was not habitual and also i was very new - so within a couple of days I lost my first one - a few weeks later I lost (No that's the wrong term) I had stolen my second one, since then I have been more carefull and thoughtfull, until yesterday - parked at suntec just as my cellphone was ringing, forgot about the card went upstairs - remembered 3 minutes later - ran back down and...you guessed it - already gone - Hate it when that happens :mad:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 2:03 pm

Has happened to me three times as well. Stinking, two bit, petty thieves on motorcycles. I'd love to get my hands on one of them. I'd insert that cash card where the sun don't shine.

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sillingw » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 2:28 pm

Many thanks for the sympathetic understanding - I feel very much the same way, maybe one day I will lay in wait, fun to think about.

I am however slightly confused - before starting to submit messages, i read the sticky "behave" which gave some very clear guidelines on do's and dont's which seem to have been "stretched" very slightly by your (a moderator's) thoughtfull and eloquent reply - do I deem from this that the strict standards are being somewhat relaxed or was this just a slip of the keyboard :roll:

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cutiebutie » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 4:03 pm

I am sorry to hear about your problems. I do not think anyone would dare say that anywhere is crime-free.

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sillingw » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:51 am

thanks for the sympathy, not really problems, just a sense of frustration and a moment of anger - where I was thinking very much on the lines of strong eagle.......

hagar

Post by hagar » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:12 am

LOL happens to all of us when we start riding here. So far so good for me, I have only had two cards stolen (after neglectfully leaving the card in the reader) in 5 years of riding. I have also retuned a number of times to find my card still there, and once had it retuned to me by security at NAC who left a note on my ride.

Now I have developed the habit of removing the card as soon as I switch off the engine. I also maitain a maximum balance of S30.00 as I am bound to be distracted and leave the card in the reader again.

Cheers