Singapore Expats

organic skin care for myself and my baby?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
UKmum

organic skin care for myself and my baby?

Post by UKmum » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 6:28 pm

Does anyone know where i can find good organic skincare range in Singapore? Specifically, does anyone know if i can find The Organic Pharmacy products here in Singapore? I was using them in UK before i came to Sg. So far, the only place I came across selling organic skincare is the organic market at Tanglin Village. the guy sells some products from Germany and USA. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:13 pm

You can get the Miessence range at the pharmacy on Level 1 (that's Ground Floor if you are British!) at Camden Medical Centre on Orchard Boulevard, just behind Tanglin Mall. I'm personally not that keen on some of the products I've tried, but know others that are happy with them.

Also in Tanglin Mall, go to Brown Rice Paradise on what I think is called Level 3, but is only up one level from street level where the taxi rank is.

Alternatively take a look at this site: http://www.essliv.com/ They deliver.

I've also tried a range called Lavera (I think it's now at a store in Raffles City basment extension) but got terribly burned when using their sunscreen, and didn't like the moisturiser, so won't be buying that again.

Have you looked at this site - you might find it useful: http://www.holisticliving.com.sg/index.php

peko224

Post by peko224 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 2:37 pm

Does Lavera has a website?

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 7:27 pm

Is my name Google?

Ma'am

Post by Ma'am » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 7:45 pm

Both the Vivo City and Orchard outlet of Tangs sell the Jurlique and Dr Houschka (sp?) ranges of organic skincare. I've tried the Laverna range and had no problems with it (including the sunscreen) but I dont have sensitive skin which may be an issue depending on the minerals/essential oils used. Jurlique does lovely stuff. Also check the Californian Baby range (Brown Rice at Tanglin Mall and I think Kids 21 at the Forum) which is very good. Aesop is available here at Ngee Ann City and possibly Millenia Walk - an all natural range which I really like but not organic.

UKmum

Post by UKmum » Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:07 pm

I've just come across a new shop in novena sq2... and they sell a few range. One of which is The Organic Pharmacy from UK. I tried the products in the store and it feels pretty good. But has anyone used it before? Also, the shop sells a range called Logona which the store owner told me has been around in Germany for 25 years. I've seen the range when I was back in Europe. but again, i've not used it myself.

imie

Re: organic skin care for myself and my baby?

Post by imie » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 1:13 pm

UKmum wrote:Does anyone know where i can find good organic skincare range in Singapore? Specifically, does anyone know if i can find The Organic Pharmacy products here in Singapore? I was using them in UK before i came to Sg. So far, the only place I came across selling organic skincare is the organic market at Tanglin Village. the guy sells some products from Germany and USA. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
For adults, maybe Body Series could work for you. For kids, Sudzy is quite popular.

cookiecookie

Post by cookiecookie » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 2:39 pm

Organic Paradise at Temple Street, chinatown. They stock the largest array of organic beauty brands i have ever seen in SG. Definitely worth a visit if you only insist on using organic.

As i mentioned in another thread i know organic nuts who go there to buy like 3 months' supplies of beauty products to stock up.

aubor

Post by aubor » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 9:42 am

Do those shops supply organic essential oil and hydrosol too? Heard they are good for the skin. Been looking around but hadn't seen. Natural handmade soap also as opposed to our usual synthetic soap aka detergent.

UKmum

Post by UKmum » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:42 am

I know bud Cosmetics supply a good range of essential oils, and hydrolsols (but i think you need to call them first to order hydrosols). Also they have good range of organic skin care, you can check their website www.budcosmetics.com

astrogirl
Regular
Regular

Post by astrogirl » Thu, 08 May 2008 1:23 am

I've tried some organic skn care and some natural skincare. I seem to have break outs, rashes etc... I was told that I maybe some of the few who has skin that reacts this way to botanicals. Possibly due to the active properties in the plants extracts that were not processed or filtered.

These days, most manufacturers seem to keep adding 'botanical' stuff to the skin care. The common ones known to me that I usually get rashes with are sweet almond oil, cucumber, olive oil, ginseng, hops. I have very sensitive skin. Anyone views to share?
astrogirl

UKmum

Post by UKmum » Sat, 09 Aug 2008 4:39 pm

astrogirl wrote:I've tried some organic skn care and some natural skincare. I seem to have break outs, rashes etc... I was told that I maybe some of the few who has skin that reacts this way to botanicals. Possibly due to the active properties in the plants extracts that were not processed or filtered.

These days, most manufacturers seem to keep adding 'botanical' stuff to the skin care. The common ones known to me that I usually get rashes with are sweet almond oil, cucumber, olive oil, ginseng, hops. I have very sensitive skin. Anyone views to share?
Perhaps the products/ brands you tried were not suitable for your skin type. Also, i do realise that when I initially switched to natural products, i do get an initial 'detox' period which my skin gets rid of the chemical residues after years of using the commercial brand. It's a little disheartening initially but once the breakouts clear, my skin feels so much cleaner and clear!

So go to the store and asks the sales person for advice for the suitable products for your skin, and make sure you tell them of your experience with past products. I found bud at Novena offer really good service and the staff are very knowledgeable.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blue Sapphire » Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:46 pm

I use California Baby products on me and my baby. I started using it on my baby when he was younger and had eczema, now his skin is clear.
The body wash works for hair and body, I've also been using it as my facial wash! Although most of their products smell the same I'm happy with it. It cleans and mosturises well. Best part is when I travel because my baby and I share, less to bring.

I tried Gaie, Logona and Burt's bees. I like Gaie and Burt's bees. Gaie is available in all Guardian stores. Burt's bees is difficult to find. Logona didnt suit me.

I usually order my California baby and Burt's bees from this website. I think their prices are cheaper than from the retail stores. Its also a great website for so many other products.

http://www.whoopeekiddies.com/

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Tue, 12 Aug 2008 6:03 pm

i use Gaia Baby Oil, we are quite happy with it. you can find it at most Guardian pharmacies.

ninabc

Post by ninabc » Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:44 am

kimora wrote:i use Gaia Baby Oil, we are quite happy with it. you can find it at most Guardian pharmacies.
Me too, loving it for my little baby. Very good against heat rash as well if your baby is troubled by that like mine is.
You have to go to a semi big guardian to find it though. guardian at park way parade has it :-)