Singapore Expats

Wet toilet paper

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Thailand

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 9:18 pm

Thaiclan wrote:After living in Thailand for 4 years I was disappointed coming to Singapore and realising those little hoses on the side of the toilet aren't a feature for all of Asia. Why don't they fix them here? They are an ingenious hygenic, environmentally friendly and easy solution! :D
Thaiclan,

Most industrial estate bathrooms, Malay households and any other Muslims all have them installed here in Singapore. Public Toilets on Orchard road? doubtful as most westerners don't know how to use them or if they are German apparently use Arse Wipes. Never seen them here in over two decades so I would guess they are somewhat of a non-starter.

I agree with the little hose. Especially if you eat lots of chilli's or belachan. (Or Green Papaya Salad :wink: ) Ever seen a westerner who never been in the military try to use the local squat floor pans? Oh, most floor pan toilets here also have the faucet/hose installed as well.

Will have to agree with pottie though this thread is getting kinda crappy and all that. Oops, sorry I mean postie. sorry only one letter wrong.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 9:22 pm

Those hoses are in many public toilets. And my home too, though I'm not Muslim.
sprite wrote:
postie wrote:cat777,
as a thread starter it was a serious questions but agree if no one has an constructive comment then it can be deleted.
I agree that some posters would rather make fun, but I was serious about my post. Earthfriendly, could really, really hurt themselves if they are using bathrom cleaners on their skin. Not necessary to delete silly posts, just ignore them, right?
Actually I think the only post in this thread that was not constructive was CAT777's. The rest all dealt with the topic of maintaining hygiene, just in different ways and with some banter thrown in. The Strictly Speaking thread was created specifically for posters who prefer to keep things perfectly serious. Here, my understanding is that we're allowed to be light-hearted. And you have to admit, it's hard to be straight-faced about a topic like this! Lighten up, it's only... you know... (that word).

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sprite » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 9:29 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Those hoses are in many public toilets. And my home too, though I'm not Muslim.
sprite wrote:
postie wrote:cat777,
as a thread starter it was a serious questions but agree if no one has an constructive comment then it can be deleted.
I agree that some posters would rather make fun, but I was serious about my post. Earthfriendly, could really, really hurt themselves if they are using bathrom cleaners on their skin. Not necessary to delete silly posts, just ignore them, right?
Actually I think the only post in this thread that was not constructive was CAT777's. The rest all dealt with the topic of maintaining hygiene, just in different ways and with some banter thrown in. The Strictly Speaking thread was created specifically for posters who prefer to keep things perfectly serious. Here, my understanding is that we're allowed to be light-hearted. And you have to admit, it's hard to be straight-faced about a topic like this! Lighten up, it's only... you know... (that word).
I think, if someone is desperate enough to turn to a forum to discuss personal hygiene at this level of intimacy, they need help and not a lot of talk about sh*t just to make a 'joke'. Sh*t, they know. They don't need someone with sh*t for brains makiing a big fat joke of their problem.

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:22 pm

Lighten up people ( postie and clan) . Cant we have a bit of obvious harmless fun. Such an easy topic
You wanna get all serious and nerdy then join in some of my serious posts in the computer/ electronics section.
If you have nothing constructive, informative or funny to say and you just wanna take a pop at some harmless fun then take a deep breath and think ( i know it's tough)and then realise that lifes too short.

PS - BTW common is forum speak for "come on"

The idea of somebody traveling from Europe with a case full of arse wipes just cracks me up :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:43 pm

bigfilsing wrote:
The idea of somebody traveling from Europe with a case full of arse wipes just cracks me up :D
That's what they're for! Sorry - just couldn't help it. :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:49 pm

sprite wrote: I agree that some posters would rather make fun, but I was serious about my post. Earthfriendly, could really, really hurt themselves if they are using bathrom cleaners on their skin. Not necessary to delete silly posts, just ignore them, right?
I just checked Clorox website. Apparently they only make household cleaners. So it can't be them :oops: . The ones I used are made specifically for human bottoms and can be tossed into the toilet. I could no longer find them many years ago. I wonder if it is Kleenex brand and perhaps OP can contact the manufacturer if you really want one.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Re: Thailand

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:54 pm

sprite wrote:
earthfriendly wrote:I used to get the ones you can flush away in the USA. Manufacturer was a very big company. Can't remember, could be Clorox or Johnson or any.
Clorox? You mean like bleach?? Unless you want private parts that look like Michael Jackson's you should use those only for cleaning your bathroom, NOT for cleaning yourself. :shock:
Thank you for your concern. The last time I checked, my bottom is still like a baby's, silky smooth, squeezably soft and scrupulously clean :D .

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 7:47 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
bigfilsing wrote:
That's what they're for! Sorry - just couldn't help it. :mrgreen:
Quality :D

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 5:01 pm

To the OP, I can post you the Sorbent brand of these wet toilet wipes as I'm in Australia, but the current currency exchange rate (strong aussie dollar) and the cost of postage will most probably make it a bit too "rich" for you.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 3:19 am

The name of the product finally came to me. It is called Cottonelle. It is part of Kleenex which is manufactured by Kimberly Clark. There's a contact information on the link. They are a very large company and probably has offices in SG.

http://www.cottonelle.com/products/flushable/

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 9:59 am

earthfriendly wrote:The name of the product finally came to me. It is called Cottonelle. It is part of Kleenex which is manufactured by Kimberly Clark. There's a contact information on the link. They are a very large company and probably has offices in SG.

http://www.cottonelle.com/products/flushable/
Here is another variety of the same thing:

Charmin Fresh Mates

and this one I just couldn't help from linking to. :shit:

The Poop Report

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:01 pm

MoistMates were on the market for about five years but did not
have the shelf penetration of a product launched by one of the
larger companies.
Speak about "shelf penetration". After selling out the initial batch, I think it was Target no longer carried them. And there I was, searching left, right, top, center all over the store. I finally located a store personnel. She had no idea what I was referring to and was not aware of its existence. Apparently, it was not a staple item and never took off with the public.

However, I have gotten hooked on these "moist, sweet smelling wipes" . Out of desperation, I learnt to make my own at home :oops: .

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:50 am

OK EF, share your secret, how to make them? I am sure the OP would be happy to know.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown