Singapore Expats

tailor recommendations...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
spidernyc

tailor recommendations...

Post by spidernyc » Sat, 15 Sep 2007 8:28 pm

Hi,

Can you recommend tailors and contact info for alterations to a men's suit? I'm not looking to pay a lot, but want good value..so typical.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

sedulous

Post by sedulous » Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:41 pm

hi TS,

heard many recommendations for "personality menshop" at peninsula plaza. they charge at $80 and up for men shirt (nt sure the pricing for suit tho). there's another shop there same floor level that also popular and cheaper than personality, it's called Men's Tradition (but beware that some people complains about the service attitude of the tailor).

gl :)

rt160177

Post by rt160177 » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 8:08 am

I have been using Mohan's in Far East Plaza and they have been good so far. From what I hear all these shops use the same tailoring service, they just take your measurements and send them to a large 24 hour sweat shop so it probably doesn't matter where you go.

I have been looking for a tailor that actually does the tailoring in house, does anyone know of such a place?

RT

BZtraveller

Good Tailors in Sinagpore

Post by BZtraveller » Thu, 24 Jul 2008 4:16 pm

I've been in Singapore with my husband for a couple of years now and we've tried several tailors for both mine and his suits. The best of the lot so far has been Mohan's at Far East Plaza.

Max Mohan has served us well till now. The prices are pretty reasonable, but most importantly the finish for our clothes are fantastic.

Levikane
Regular
Regular

Post by Levikane » Thu, 24 Jul 2008 4:57 pm

I second the recommendation for Mohans. You should see how proud Max (owner) is when he hears that people are talking about his shop in the forums!

He isn't the cheapest in absolute terms, but the quality is BRILLIANT so you do get good value overall.

jfd

Post by jfd » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 9:58 am

Thought I would bring out this thread again. I did a search for threads on tailors, and seems the question has been asked and answered a few times over the years, but nothing too much recently.

Just wondering if there is anything to add as I may be looking to buy some shirts and suits soon.

What about places to buy "off the shelf"? How do people feel these compare to tailor made, from a price perspective? (Obviously fit depends on your body type/shape etc)

Also, any new recommendations/good experiences with tailors recently?

logo1234

Avoid Christian Armani

Post by logo1234 » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:37 am

Hi

Based on some recommendations from the forum, I went to Christian Armani.
I asked him to stitch 02 Suits and 01 shirt. Total cost was about SGD 2200.
Inspite of 02 fitting sessions, the suits were really badly stitched. The fitting was different for each trouser (04 trousers and 02 jackets). The sleeve length of the jacket was short. And to top it all, yesterday the stitching of the trousers came undone. This was when I had specifically mentioned that the stitching should be very good.

So after this experience, I will never ever go to Christian Armani. Very very poor service experience.

I dont have an alternate recommendation but I wanted to share my experience with other members.

Regards

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 12:33 pm

logo1234 -You're posting the same things in multiple places. See my response to you in the other thread.