Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: not enough post

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 17 Sep 2007 7:47 am

hello84 wrote:hello... yaya I am a little special...actuall my case is a very difficult case....I got a nasal bone fracture, a shave on your bridge , and once scar by silicone implant no inner nose cartilage, scar on my nasal tip and dorsum, with old fracture line on your bone...most people only need inner nose cartilage and one side ear But for special situation, like I want a more height but not want to take ribs... Dr hsu will use both side ear cartilage.. Is a very hard case for dr hsu... that why just a implant will make me worst.. and ya try to find a experience surgeon and don;t anyhow trust johor surgeon.. or you will regret... their stiching technique is very poor.. if not my alar groove over there will not have two scar keiod scar AND WATER DOES NOT CREATE ANY SCAR IF YOU TOUCH YOUR WOUND EITHER ALCHOL ALL IS THE MATTER OF THE SURGEON SKILL AND EXPERIENCE!!!.. Dr hsu stiching is very good.. the stitch he use the thickness is around my hair.. tat why my alar wound that dr hsu cut for me is perfect no scar only slightly redness.. the cut for the open rino technique they will be a slightly red line on it but abt 6 mth will be gone.. there will never had a keiod scar don't worry...

yaa.. maybe you can giv me your msn address i can add you..:) take care..

theface wrote:Hi hello84 , i rec'd your PM!!

Not enough post haiz haiz ..seem that I have to post more in forum ..

what a strange rule...

It's fine with me ...
Tell me more about your surgery !!!
does Dr Hsu gives you a sharper tip and smaller nose?
I hope you can share the pix of the nose with me!!!

thanks thanks thanks!
Hi Hello84, glad u are enjoying your new nose. Take care of it for the 1st 3 months and sleep with elevated pillows. if possible get those special pillows that prevent u from turning sides and good for the spine. i swa one in robinson, a made in australia one for sgd 110?

thanks for finding another excellent tw PS doc. good job for the pics i seen on his website.

Good luck and enjoy!
Last edited by tanjhj on Mon, 17 Sep 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 17 Sep 2007 8:21 am

WAsadeha wrote:
DMN wrote:Hi!

For those who are researching on Dr. Dean Toriumi's website. In cae you wonder, the young Asian lady was a Vietnamese student of Dr. Toriumi. I read this from Dr. Hsu's blog. Like his work, but think it is too sharp and pointy for Asian - a signature look of Dr. Toriumi. Again, to each his/her own....

Good luck!
dmn
wow i cant tell if tt was a done nose...

Anyway are there any other Dr near SG tt practises rhinoplasty with placement of a costal cartilage rib graft to her bridge and tip. She also had a costal cartilage strut to support her tip.?????

that tip is really nice and natural.. she looks like a model.

How much wd a procedure like tis cost?
Yupz heard of this famous doc, in fact some claim he is the best PS doc for asian face, and after saw his work, excellent job! however i heard his PS is ex so i like to check with you if it is true?
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

momoko
Regular
Regular

Re: Dr Ng Vit C Drip

Post by momoko » Mon, 17 Sep 2007 4:45 pm

Jang wrote:Hi kalyn,

I've check wiz my another aesthetic doc in paragon Dr Valetin Low from IPL, he is charging vit c jab $500 & whitening drip $500 price b4 GST. Very X le :shock:

And juz by curious I call TLC@Orchard, they are charging $2k nett, 10 sessions. Cheap but muz sign package i think :roll:

And the last Doc I check was Dr Tan from Tan-Teoh clinic, she told me for Vit C & Whitening jab $100 & drip will be $150. I was shock when she told me this price! :o She asked me to go for my review next wk and will tell me more in detail.

Kalyn, forget about going to Kalo Johor la, really not safe la. After I check out Dr Tan Vit C & whitening jab/drip, I'll tell you okie :)

Cheers
HI JANG,
hav u gone for the consulation?
im keen in getting whitening drip/ injection.
which clinic wil u recommend?
TIA

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hello

Post by takuda » Mon, 17 Sep 2007 9:06 pm

hello84 wrote:i don't agreed with you.. infact if you still have not touch your nose before, your 1st time doing 100% autologus is more safe and successful and is much more easy for the surgeon and for sure using autologus can have the result of narrow tip... some effect of cartilage nose is that silicone nose can't do it..my nose was a hard case due with alot of scar.. if my nose still got the inner nose cartilage i think i would not use my right ear for my tip and using inner cartilage to build the tip is much beautiful den ear cartilage.. y tip now also not bad... although not very sharp but is more narrow den my last time.. It looks more stronger compare with my last 2 year implant.. my nose is starting to deswell now and the shape is much and much nicer... and of course choosing a good surgeon is important....

hope i help take care..:)

takuda wrote:the pics on dr chuang's website are not very appealing, in my opinion. can somebody advise me? how do i ensure that the b4 and after pics that he havent shown are great? i asked him about 100% autologous for rhino, he says its only good and recommended for secondary rhino(2nd time), i'm really afraid the change for me will be so minimal that i can't notice anything, the the tip not sharp enough etc etc. i can't afford to fly all the way back and have revision, both time and money. :( btw i'm going this year end. earliest end nov. don't know if i should postpone it later. anyone going at this time? :)
:?

thanks! i thought that way too, to be honest. after seeing amazing results using 100% autologous, well, that's what dr chuang told me.
Cry when you get ripped.

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Tue, 18 Sep 2007 2:17 am

appletree wrote:
keenose wrote:
appletree wrote:
Huh? Got such things meh? How bad is it??? Dont scare me leh... :(
From what I read.. it will cause problems when you are... 68/ 69 years old.

Deeper means lagi worse...
Huh?? sure not? Must be myth lar, lol. No such things lar, i even heard people told me got dimples means good wor. Mine i got 2 very deep dimples leh .. so dont scare me... sob sob...
heheh aiya its mian xiang.. some people believe some dont.

But since you already have it, then enjoy it lor.. Looks so cute lehhh :D
New nose please~

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Tue, 18 Sep 2007 2:18 am

tanjhj wrote:
WAsadeha wrote:
DMN wrote:Hi!

For those who are researching on Dr. Dean Toriumi's website. In cae you wonder, the young Asian lady was a Vietnamese student of Dr. Toriumi. I read this from Dr. Hsu's blog. Like his work, but think it is too sharp and pointy for Asian - a signature look of Dr. Toriumi. Again, to each his/her own....

Good luck!
dmn
wow i cant tell if tt was a done nose...

Anyway are there any other Dr near SG tt practises rhinoplasty with placement of a costal cartilage rib graft to her bridge and tip. She also had a costal cartilage strut to support her tip.?????

that tip is really nice and natural.. she looks like a model.

How much wd a procedure like tis cost?
Yupz heard of this famous doc, in fact some claim he is the best PS doc for asian face, and after saw his work, excellent job! however i heard his PS is ex so i like to check with you if it is true?
Hi tanjhj,

Welcome back!!!

Long time no seee... where were you? :D

So have you done your sugeries yet?
New nose please~

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:18 pm

Hi, does anyone know where i can buy SinEcch?

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:39 am

FlyingMice wrote:Hi, does anyone know where i can buy SinEcch?
you can search the posts for the "Rachel" distributor.

What are you doing?
New nose please~

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Wed, 19 Sep 2007 7:17 am

I will be getting my nose job on 21 nov, i read through the forum and know that taking SinEcch before the surgery can helps to minimize the swelling and fasten recovery. So think of buying it.

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:24 am

Have any take any medical check like ECG, before doing the surgery?

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Wed, 19 Sep 2007 3:41 pm

my alar op, the scar is not obvious, but my alar does look like a different piece , now its beginning to look not so obvious , but dono , mayb im used to it already, jus feel i look a little bit weird, think mayb cos my nose is a little high up my face but havent met my family members and friends yet so dono wat they wld say.

If it is really very weird, i will go and put an implant, that should lengthen the tip and conceal the sides of the alar and i still have excess alar, if i want to correct it, like cut it and rejoin to my nostril base should be possible, i just wanted a smaller nose and it doesnt look that bad , just not perfect.

curious_29

Post by curious_29 » Wed, 19 Sep 2007 9:05 pm

Hello Everybody,

After reading most of the post, i'm confused :???: of going to which surgeon who is skillful and great experience in rhinoplasty in Singapore, price range from SGD 2k - 3.5k (reasonable). I wont consider of Dr. Woffle. Although he is professional in plastic surgery but the price are extremely unreasonable!! *Sad*.. Can anyone recommend me some of the professional surgeon for rhinoplasty in Singapore, please.. Thank you!! :wink:

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 4:28 am

keenose wrote:
appletree wrote:
keenose wrote: From what I read.. it will cause problems when you are... 68/ 69 years old.

Deeper means lagi worse...
Huh?? sure not? Must be myth lar, lol. No such things lar, i even heard people told me got dimples means good wor. Mine i got 2 very deep dimples leh .. so dont scare me... sob sob...
heheh aiya its mian xiang.. some people believe some dont.

But since you already have it, then enjoy it lor.. Looks so cute lehhh :D
Hmmm.. i think i rather not believe the myth of mian xiang hehe

Coby

Tips to Korea :)

Post by Coby » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:24 am

Hi,
Anyone who has intended to go to Korea for the first time may find this info helpful. What I did was gathering all of the info from this forum's members, put it in one piece, and found it very helpful for me. Special thanks to: Hannah, Bluberry, Ocean11, DMN, Shermaine,ect. ;-)

1. toiletries (such as cotton bud for cleaning) u can buy just right across the road beside FedEx and Burger King.
2. kept drinking green tea, organic honey and gallions of water - it helps cos my scars are really not visible today (8th day)!
3.There is a 24-hour convenience store called "Buy The Way" at the bottom of the hill from Twin Haus. If you walk across the street, there is an open market if you want to do some cooking. If you keep going down that same street (for about 10 minutes), there is a full-service grocery store called "FamilyMart" where you can get anything you want. Also, if you make a right on the street down the hill from Twin Haus, there are other convenience stores, a bakery, and a Subway sandwich store.
4.The subway only costs about $1 USD (900 won) to get to Dr. Jung's clinic in Gangnam. His clinic is right at the opening of Gangnam station exit #3, so it's very convenient.

Questions to ask Dr:
YOU have a duty to TELL him what EXACTLY you like, and more importantly, NOT like! a higher, narrower, sharper nose that looks natural. trim the cartilage on my nose n implant the ear cartilage at the tip.
What kind of anesthesia is used? What should I expect post-operatively in terms of soreness, what to watch for, medication, bathing, and level of activity? Who will be assisting during the surgery? What are their qualifications? (Does the plastic surgeon perform the entire surgery?)

Before Surgery, buy:

1. Food: Kimchi, eggs and instant noodles with fresh tomatoes. take more fruits, no seafood, no spicy food for faster recovery.
2.bring a cap and some dental surgeon mask to cover yourself
3.TV , search channel 19 called OCN.

Tips:
Dont take taxis from the Airport or Seoul train station labeled 'AAFES' They charge much higher prices as they cater to unwary American GI's.
Negotiate the lowest price and then say 'Bee si yo' or Thats too expensive.
9.Shopping: Dongdaemun shopping is not bad, a bit ex, but at least you will be interested to see those things, And the best part is, it opens from 10.30am to next day 5am! Since their subway off from around 11.30pm…strange, once you miss it, to save the expensive cab fare, you may as well just shop till the next day when Subway is back in 5.30am. My favourite in Dongdaemun is Doota --> go to the shop named REDDE, tel. 3398-7359, very nice, fine, and CHEAP office clothing + the sellers are REALLY nice.
Migliore (next to Doota): go to #3 or #30 (No.456523, I dunno what does this mean?) --> nice, cheap, modern shirts for guys.

Another place worth seeing is the street market, there are a few recommended in KNTO's web-site. They only open on Sat, and I chose to go this one whereby the art student produce their own art piece, music, pottery etc and the govt.
The MRT is called Hongik Univ. no. 239, exit no. 6, then ask some art student looking pple for help cos they most likely are studying there. Exit no. 2 got a huge teddy bear store, if you like teddy bear, should visit too. For Trendy Clothes, a little off beat, especially for women, Shop in Idae (Ewha Women's University rea). For men's clothes Try Tongdaemun and also some of the smaller stores in the Suburbs like Boss which have good quality clothes that don't have the inner city pricetag. Also Itaewon is good.
What is cheap in Seoul are Designer fakes from Itaewon or Tongdaemun. They are GREAT quality and are one of Koreas best 'unofficial' exports. Chocka with Korean fake Gucci, Chanel and Armani Items.
Insadong has the best shopping in Seoul.

MYEONGDONG is pedestrian- friendly area in the heart of the city is loaded with departement stores, shopping malls and mid market apparel shops.
NAMDAEMUN: Just a few minutes from Seoul’s ancient Namdaemun gate. Namdaemun market is permanently crowded and is open round the clock. It is a ‘must’ for bargain hunter. DONGDAEMUN has recently become the largest apparel shopping area for young Koreans.

4.Don’t buy drinking water, you only need a water container and fill it up.
5.Bargaining power: If there’s a price tag on, just point and ask “how much”

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:05 pm

Wow..this is fantastic! Even though i won't be going to Korea anytime soon and have no plans to, your caring precise and detailed guide would make me feel safe and confident. => Kudos for the effort!