Singapore Expats

KALO plastic surgery clinic in JB

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yen2006 » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:00 am

appletree wrote:
yvonnesoo wrote:appletree, ur nose is really high now.. hw come ur frens didn't notice? ur nose no redness?

btw, is already a week after my double eyelid surgery.. bt i still can feel my muscles near my lid there kind of pulling.. whn i try to touch it, i can feel the exist of the muscle float up like tat.. y will it be like tat?

Hi yvonnesoo,

Hmm....for now my nose do looks natural liao, except that when i went for facial, theres this very rude beautician who asked me if i have did my nose and then go and pinch hard on my implant to see if it can move..!!! Idiot woman man! :x

Hi appletree,

wow, wat a beautician :mad:

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Re: thanks everyone!

Post by yen2006 » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:16 am

shal0m wrote:hey gals, thanks for the reassurance...

i just wanted a normal looking nose since young...even my mum said my nose too big/ugly.. very low self-esteem...

back in 2005, thought things will be better after the surgery, but who knows that Singapore PS can screw up a supposedly simple surgery? I didn't even ask for an implant then, cos i want to look natural, like myself, but with a smaller, normal size nose.

guess it's the past experience that caused me to be anxious now...

Hi shalom,

You are already very pretty, love your eyes keke :love:

Dont worry, my nose takes 3months to look natural & deswell..just be patience :P

yen

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Open Rhinoplasty

Post by princessli » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:32 am

Princessli and Shallom,

Was it scary to have your rhinoplasty under local anaesthesia? Could you feel Dr Song performing the surgery on you? I am a bit paranoid as mine will be open rhino. Really appreciate if both of you can share your experience.

I will also be doing eyelift but doing the conventional method instead; something like Beanie's where the extra skin and fats will be removed.

I am also thinking of doing liposuction under the chin. Has anyone done this before?

I have set my surgery date sometime in early December. I am excited to see the new nose and fresher eyes but dread the 3 hour surgery. :shock:[/quote]

Dear Meg,

It was very scary and traumatic as i was awake the entire time and i was Freaking Out but frankly speaking there wasn't much pain and Dr Song tried to be as comforting as possible. Will you be under ga for open rhino? and awake the entire 3hours?
I did not get much sleep the night before as i was nervous over the operation. I was still wondering whether to chicken out and i was going over there alone so i had the additional security problem to mull over.
I got over there late and had nasty taxi drivers hustling me. This cocky youngish malay guy asked for $20ringgit but i was late so i was like ok whatever. The guy could not find the place and was circling the area so i was even more late. When i got there, i spoke to Ms Tay and i only got a few minutes to ask a few questions and calm my nerves when i was herded into the room. Ms Tay said that the stitches would not be visible and the incision would be a little bit at the corner of my nostril. i only got to say a few lines to Dr Song. I was nervous as i lay there on the bed and they cleaned my face and Dr Song injected a few areas around my nose to numb the area, trying to comfort me and divert my attention as he did so. Ms Tay was also in the room and was trying to comfort me. I was nerve wrecked as i lay there but the pain was bearable. I could feel him messing around with my nose but did not feel any pain. Dr Song was talking to Ms Tay during the op and they tried to say nice things to comfort me. They handed me a mirror after the op i was alarmed to see many stitches around my nostril area. around 5 on each side. but it was already done & i saw no point in discussing it , neither did i have the strength to. Ms Tay helped me to call a cab and i headed back. They seemed pretty busy.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:40 am

Shalom what did the sg doc do in your alaplasty , where did he cut and how is it scarred? =/

shal0m
Regular
Regular

share my experience

Post by shal0m » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 1:20 pm

i love this forum...feel totally accepted here by u lovely ppl :D

Dear Yen,
Thanks, i'll try not to be so "gan cheong"...

Dear Princessli & Meg28,
OK, in 2005, that Singapore PS did an alarplasty & at the same time remove tissue/fats from my tip, cos i told him i just wanted a smaller nose. he did it through an open rhinoplasty. so that means i have 3 scars:
1. columella (the area between ur 2 nostrils)
2. 1 scar on each of the alar (base of nostril)

Well, like i said, if i have a good looking nose as a result of those scars, still not too bad, but the tip still round, he said he should have removed more... :mad: he meant he put me in GA, open my nose up and only remove a bit, for what :x ???!!! then i told him that i think the tip went up, look piggy, he said it's my poor healing that caused the scarring inside contracting, lifting the tip up.. :cry:
anyway, my knee op wounds a year ago healed much better than these scars, hardly can see, so now i know it's not that i have poor healing...it's his lousy skills!!! :mad:

about my experience at KALO, i tell u, it's good that they don't knock u out in GA. anyway, u can't see a thing, so don't worry.
but personally, i think they should have prescribed some drugs to make u a bit relaxed/drowsy, so u won't be so tensed during the procedure. cos once ur body get tensed, wounds tends to bruise/ swell more.
Shal0m

babyangel
Regular
Regular

Kalo

Post by babyangel » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 1:42 am

Hi Shalom,

Who was the Spore surgeon that you went to for the alar job?

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:59 am

oh dear! ya its better not to be knocked out cos there are lesser risks, and yep you don't feel any pain at all, it was just my nerves.

i can soo imagine docs being so complacent and shirking responsibility, like part pride at being in the medical profession and part lack of passion for wat they do.
ya why i decided not to go ahead with this doc i consulted in mt e. was cos when i saw the pics there wasnt much diff before and after. open up your nose and do a half past six job, oh as long as the patient din die, its not my fault. poor shalom..
After my alaplasty, my alar wings do not connect smoothly to my face, like its 2 distinct parts from my face.=< hope that when it heals it will look less obvious

shal0m
Regular
Regular

about my surgeon...

Post by shal0m » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:29 pm

Hi Babyangel,

I'll pm u the name...better not to post the name here, later kena sued :o , like a gal from the other thread, got to apologise publicly to her surgeon (i know that surgeon too, not that kind u wanna mess with, got lots of $$ to hire good lawyer to sue ppl)

Hi Princessli,

Well, I think the only PS who can do a almost perfect alar would be the korean PS...we ordinary ppl can't afford the time & $$ to fly there, pay that kind of price, stay in their $$ hotels for a week or so, then got to fly there again if "suay suay" got problem...
hope ur alar heal well in time, maybe now it's swollen, so u think it look detached from ur face? the prob with mine is that the obvious scars at the bottom of the nostrils, always scared ppl who sit in mrt can see, when i am standing up :roll:
Shal0m

Ms Juice
Regular
Regular

Re: about my surgeon...

Post by Ms Juice » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 2:06 pm

shal0m wrote:Hi Babyangel,

I'll pm u the name...better not to post the name here, later kena sued :o , like a gal from the other thread, got to apologise publicly to her surgeon (i know that surgeon too, not that kind u wanna mess with, got lots of $$ to hire good lawyer to sue ppl)

Hi Princessli,

Well, I think the only PS who can do a almost perfect alar would be the korean PS...we ordinary ppl can't afford the time & $$ to fly there, pay that kind of price, stay in their $$ hotels for a week or so, then got to fly there again if "suay suay" got problem...
hope ur alar heal well in time, maybe now it's swollen, so u think it look detached from ur face? the prob with mine is that the obvious scars at the bottom of the nostrils, always scared ppl who sit in mrt can see, when i am standing up :roll:
but Shalom. i nv notice any scars on ur nose area leh....
u worry too much le :)

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Re: about my surgeon...

Post by yen2006 » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 2:06 pm

shal0m wrote:Hi Babyangel,

Hi Princessli,

Hi shalom,

i didnt noticed any scar when saw you, izit very obvious?

Ms Juice
Regular
Regular

Post by Ms Juice » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 2:07 pm

haha yen, we post e same thing at e same time...hahaha :lol:

shal0m
Regular
Regular

the scars

Post by shal0m » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 3:13 pm

Dear Yen & Ms Juice,

Ya, not obvious at one glance..but U can see the scars if I tilt my head up a bit.
then also, if u come closer, maybe shorter than an arm's length, u will be able to see already.
This is one big reason why i'll be anxious to see dentist, doctor, beautician, make up artist, photographer etc, i will try to avoid these ppl at all cost, don't ppl to ask how i got the scars... :oops:

Aiya, next time if got chance, can show u 2 la :P
Shal0m

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 3:18 pm

hi shalom, ya i know how u feel, im also afraid if i lift my head up people will be able to see like hmm.. that girl got ps! I didn't know ala was such a n external surgery cos i know most celebrities and alot of tai tais in sg have gotten nose jobs before and in close up u cant see scars or anything that can tell that they have got a nose job before. Same with alot of ppl in thailand, when i see the girls, im like CAnnot be suddenly all the girls look so pretty, and all have nice noses.

I didn't know how alaplasty was carried out and when i kept being told oh cant see one, all inside , no scars, i actually believed. cos even the sg doc i consulted who was suggesting and described to me the same procedure shalom's sg doc suggested, he too said there wouldnt be any signs outside.
Anyone else noticed that Ms Tay nostrils at the base there have scar. 2 incision cuts.

Ms Juice
Regular
Regular

Post by Ms Juice » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 3:23 pm

princessli wrote:hi shalom, ya i know how u feel, im also afraid if i lift my head up people will be able to see like hmm.. that girl got ps! I didn't know ala was such a n external surgery cos i know most celebrities and alot of tai tais in sg have gotten nose jobs before and in close up u cant see scars or anything that can tell that they have got a nose job before. Same with alot of ppl in thailand, when i see the girls, im like CAnnot be suddenly all the girls look so pretty, and all have nice noses.

I didn't know how alaplasty was carried out and when i kept being told oh cant see one, all inside , no scars, i actually believed. cos even the sg doc i consulted who was suggesting and described to me the same procedure shalom's sg doc suggested, he too said there wouldnt be any signs outside.
Anyone else noticed that Ms Tay nostrils at the base there have scar. 2 incision cuts.
i tink its bcos ur nose haven heal yet, but once it healed normally wont c any scars...
so dun worry, i believe ur nose will turn out nice :)

u examined ms Tay until so close ahhh, can even c scars???keke.. :lol:

shal0m
Regular
Regular

Post by shal0m » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 3:25 pm

i know Ms Tay had done her nose 2x, but i didn't notice any scars though...i was just thinking like most chinese ppl, they have small flat nose, just a nose implant to make the nose higher, more pointy.

u saw those scars, Princessli?? :o
Shal0m