Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
loretta

hi macmeera

Post by loretta » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 2:25 am

hi macmeera,

can I have a set of the questions too? i hav my interview on 9th of this month! Thanks a million!

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 5:40 pm

to me<first>>>you just don"t know what may come out and turn you into a mute :cry: :cry:

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 5:42 pm

to me first question is important you just don"t know what may come out and turn you into a mute :cry: :cry:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:01 am

vinrouge wrote:hi macmeera,

i am a newbie in this forum. i can't pm either. can i have the questions too? thanks a lot. =)
Your PM fundtion will work after you have made 5 posts (spam control)

vinrouge

Post by vinrouge » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:26 am

macmeera wrote:
vinrouge wrote:hi macmeera,

i am a newbie in this forum. i can't pm either. can i have the questions too? thanks a lot. =)
PMed you~
danke!

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:15 pm

sultry wrote:how do you guys handle a question like this :

"you have a diploma/degree in e.g law, medicine. why do you want to be a F.A when you can earn more if you work in those fields?"
lol! i was asked this question during my mgmt round, and i know for sure what's the WRONG way to answer it! :)

well. the best way - you just gotta fake it. you gotta say what they wanna hear. no matter whether you really mean it or not. :)
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 1:52 am

theknees wrote:
sultry wrote:how do you guys handle a question like this :

"you have a diploma/degree in e.g law, medicine. why do you want to be a F.A when you can earn more if you work in those fields?"
lol! i was asked this question during my mgmt round, and i know for sure what's the WRONG way to answer it! :)

well. the best way - you just gotta fake it. you gotta say what they wanna hear. no matter whether you really mean it or not. :)
Pls teach me the rite way to answer them...coz i'm kinda in a similar situation. I dun wanna asnwer them wrongly. Wat exactly do they wanna hear? Pls share....thanks a million! :)

Deer Bambi

Post by Deer Bambi » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 8:13 am

there was one time i was asked... "there are so many girls outside waiting, why should i choose you?" hahaha.... i think u really wanna impress you gonna sell urself like hell but it may ended too boostful.

freisha

Thanks!

Post by freisha » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:51 am

CelT wrote:I was asking my friend if SIA or the other airlines could lower their expectation of girls' height....but he immediately said No...reason being that every airlines NEED FA to be of certain height for SAFETY issue...so that all safety devices are within your easy reach when you need them in times of emergency....many people thought its mostly for good look...but its actually for safety reason...

not too sure about the 156m stewardess you are refering to....perhaps, it was a MIRACLE for them... :)
Thanks a LOT for the advice. At least i know where i stand now. I'm just gonna try a few more times and if all else fails, i really should do something else. :( Its really sad if i hv to let go of my dreams. I know i have everything else. Even everyone tells me that. Its really just the height issue. To all flight attendants out there.. you hv no idea how lucky u are.

freisha

thanks

Post by freisha » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:56 am

[/quote]

As cruel as it is, if you keep getting rejected for that reason the reality is you are never going to be accepted. Don't lose heart though there are plenty of other jobs either with or associated with airlines which can be just as reawarding after a time.

Ps: You could try Tiger Airways as at least one girl who used to post here wasn't tall enough for most airlines but was accepted by I don't know about 156 though.[/quote]

heya.. thanks for the advice. i appreciate your honesty. then i guess i have to start somewhere. i just hope that the bigger airlines might close an eye on the height issue if they see that i have some experience elsewhere. though i kinda doubt it. does anyone know if they do?

ladyvanity

Post by ladyvanity » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 4:33 pm

macmeera wrote:
jerluv wrote:hi macmeera
i cant PM you cos i am being restricted to do so do you mind posting what kind of qu will be asked
thanks so much
Hi there.. i've filed it in a pdf format. I'll send u a copy ya.
Hi macmeera, I'm having the final interview tml... could you kindly send me a copy too...

Thanks! :D

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:36 am

ladyvanity wrote:
macmeera wrote:
jerluv wrote:hi macmeera
i cant PM you cos i am being restricted to do so do you mind posting what kind of qu will be asked
thanks so much
Hi there.. i've filed it in a pdf format. I'll send u a copy ya.
Hi macmeera, I'm having the final interview tml... could you kindly send me a copy too...

Thanks! :D

Sorry that i didnt read the forum and yet didnt saw ur post.. :( i guess it's a bit too late for me to send it to u rite now. So how was ur interview? Mind to share what kind of questions that they asked??

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:49 am

Hey guys... How was the final interview on yesterday? Where was it held? Man & lady interviewers? Share it here! :P

RocketShip

Post by RocketShip » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 3:14 pm

hi my first post here, i've been reading some of the posts in this thread. my question is, i've got acne scars on my face, light ones. my face is not that smooth, but not full of deep scars too. will i be considered?
Home is where the heart is.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 4:12 pm

It really depends....depend on who they are looking at on that day....
depends on their mood...quite variable actually....as long its not like very very obvious...then again, my friends always said...they can choose to be picky as there are like thousand and one girls out there for them to choose...i personally think meeting the requirement is sometimes not the issue,...its being the "best" & able to stand out of the rest ( in terms of looks, personality,etc that will increase yr chance of being shortlisted...

My 2 cents worth of thought :D
.CEL.