Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 9:36 pm

macmeera wrote:
dilemma gal wrote:Hey anyone know what kind of questions will be asked during the managment interview??? chances of being booted out is it high???
It really depends on your performance my dear.. one with positive mind would certainly possess higher chance of getting in! Question like 'chances of being booted out is it high???' shouldnt have exist in your mind!

I can give you some ideas about questions they would likely to ask during the management interview :D Of coz, before they try to understand u better, first u have to know ur own qualities in YOU! do pm me for the list of questions they've asked me..

Good Luck!

hihi....mind sending me the questions as well?anyway...ive PM you..but not sure if you ve recieved coz its not reflected in my sentbox...thanks in advance! :)

jerluv

Post by jerluv » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:08 pm

hi macmeera
i cant PM you cos i am being restricted to do so do you mind posting what kind of qu will be asked
thanks so much

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:23 pm

jerluv wrote:hi macmeera
i cant PM you cos i am being restricted to do so do you mind posting what kind of qu will be asked
thanks so much
Hi there.. i've filed it in a pdf format. I'll send u a copy ya.

uglychickenpie

Post by uglychickenpie » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 3:35 pm

hi macmeera,

I cant PM either. Newbie in this forum. can I have a set of the questions too? Thanks a million! :)

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 4:07 pm

uglychickenpie wrote:hi macmeera,

I cant PM either. Newbie in this forum. can I have a set of the questions too? Thanks a million! :)
PMed u.. :)

_Good_

Post by _Good_ » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:04 pm

Hello People! :)

Does anyone here happen to have the office contact number of SIA recruitment staff?

I was supposed to get back to them on something but I lost their numbers.

Can any kind soul PM or reply to this forum? :wink:

Thanks!! :D

vinrouge

Post by vinrouge » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:38 pm

hi macmeera,

i am a newbie in this forum. i can't pm either. can i have the questions too? thanks a lot. =)

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 6:19 pm

vinrouge wrote:hi macmeera,

i am a newbie in this forum. i can't pm either. can i have the questions too? thanks a lot. =)
PMed you~

sultry

Post by sultry » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 9:01 pm

how do you guys handle a question like this :

"you have a diploma/degree in e.g law, medicine. why do you want to be a F.A when you can earn more if you work in those fields?"

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:12 pm

sultry wrote:how do you guys handle a question like this :

"you have a diploma/degree in e.g law, medicine. why do you want to be a F.A when you can earn more if you work in those fields?"
not everything is about money. FA may not earn as much but yet it provide me with exposure law and medicine could not and vise vesa.

(then why did you study law and medicine?)

i guess we have to plan for our future, but of cos my number 1 dream is definately to be a FA..

LOLX... ok. i am a fake.

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:09 pm

sultry wrote:how do you guys handle a question like this :

In this case I guess you should emphasize on showing your enthusiasm towards becoming a stewardess rather than trying to figure out the answer to the question where professionals can earn more than stewardess job. Coz we know that that is the truth.. some jobs can offer much higher pay than F.A. But ultimately what makes you to choose to become this F.A?

I strongly believe that what the interviewers want to hear from you most is your passion, enthusiasm and the eagerness to learn!

freisha

Post by freisha » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:43 pm

Anyone kind enough to spare me some advice? Please.. i'm in dire straits.
It has been my life long dream to be a flight attendant. I have been trying so many times for various airlines but time and time again, i get rejected coz of my height. I'm only 156cm.

However, I've seen some flight attendants who are 156cm and God knows how they made it through :???: . I've been trying but it seems they're not closing an eye on the height thing. Every interview, i'm not even granted a chance at proving myself. I get rejected right at the DOOR when they tested our height. Its so discouraging that i cant do something about it. Its not like i can get to change my height now that i'm already 24 yrs old! Should i give up? Is there any other way? Or should i give up on my one and only dream? Its really eating me up inside.
I'm so depressed. Someone help me PLEASE! :shock:

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:43 am

Dear Freisha,

like what you say, we cant change our height...during some SIA walk in...they may allow u to do the hand reach test...& if you can make it, that will be great....but sometimes, u really have to be kind of "thickskinned & persistent to push your way through.....hope for the best, yet be prepared....another is unless you have close relatives that works in SIA or other airlines which is in a good position of influence...that may help..(know what i mean?)

lastly, i hope to see u strong & not be depressed...to you,Now, it may seem like being a Flight Stewardess is all that you want, but unless, you learn how to let go when you need to, you will always be in this struggle. I am very sure you have your qualities & gifts, & perhaps you can explore other profession & start falling in love with it...but of course, this takes time...
.CEL.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 1:09 am

I was asking my friend if SIA or the other airlines could lower their expectation of girls' height....but he immediately said No...reason being that every airlines NEED FA to be of certain height for SAFETY issue...so that all safety devices are within your easy reach when you need them in times of emergency....many people thought its mostly for good look...but its actually for safety reason...

not too sure about the 156m stewardess you are refering to....perhaps, it was a MIRACLE for them... :)
.CEL.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 1:57 am

freisha wrote:Anyone kind enough to spare me some advice? Please.. i'm in dire straits.
It has been my life long dream to be a flight attendant. I have been trying so many times for various airlines but time and time again, i get rejected coz of my height. I'm only 156cm.
As cruel as it is, if you keep getting rejected for that reason the reality is you are never going to be accepted. Don't lose heart though there are plenty of other jobs either with or associated with airlines which can be just as reawarding after a time.

Ps: You could try Tiger Airways as at least one girl who used to post here wasn't tall enough for most airlines but was accepted by I don't know about 156 though.
Last edited by Plavt on Fri, 07 Sep 2007 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.