Singapore Expats

SINGAPORE AIRLINES Local Cabin Crew - Write In Application

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kiri87

Post by kiri87 » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:42 am

i got shortlisted for the 11th sep. but i request for a change in the date and till now got no response. =x

WoofAndQuack

Post by WoofAndQuack » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:45 am

kiri87 wrote:i got shortlisted for the 11th sep. but i request for a change in the date and till now got no response. =x
when did u send ur application form kiri?
people change to accept changes in people

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 2:59 pm

erieo wrote:
CelT wrote:Dear ererio,

why not take up a partime?

I was in your situation a few mths ago...i can understand...from now till walk in is only a mth plus away...so, a partime will be ideal...

after the next walk in, i believe u can better decide how u will want to progress on with your career...=)

if not, thought of emirates? age i heard is not a very big concern for them..they are as good as SIA, just that u have to be based in dubai ( but only if u r willing ) :D
i tot of part time too but i was thinking if taking part time till nov..i might as well take up a full time job if there is an offer becoz part time pay is minimised.

Becoz more or less SIA won't take me in de.
Thought of emirates too, it will be really good that I can leave sg for a while..i really need to get away from here but i have to take care of my love one now so i cannot leave....maybe I will when the time is right.
erieo,
dun be depress... send in ur application again. and try for the next emirates walk in. my friend who is with emirates now is very happy. and i am waiting for BA recruitment too. heard that they seldom recruit or maybe once a year only

or do what CelT suggested, find a temp or part time job. that's what i am doing now. looking and applying for temp jobs and at the same time keeping a lookout for perm jobs that i like.

be positive, dun keep thinking the negative stuffs abt SIA (although i do sometimes, hehe... ). even if we aren't invited for the write in, we can always try out at the next walk in ya! :wink:

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:31 pm

i juz send in my application form again. i indicated that i last went to the one on 4th sept. let's see if i get any response this time rd. :D

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:37 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:i juz send in my application form again. i indicated that i last went to the one on 4th sept. let's see if i get any response this time rd. :D
i sent in the morning at 9 plus...

no response leh... thot they always response 2/3 hrs later?? whahaha...

i also heck le... dun pinch too much hope... haiz... my flying dream is leaving me so so so far far away...
Soaring above all

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 5:54 pm

venie, dont give up!! we must pursue our flying dreams!!!

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 7:02 pm

yeah!! we shouldnt give up for any reasons unless we are left with no choice.. Eg. cant meet requirements etc..

therefore,we should keep our hopes high as long as we have the passion.. since most of us tried umpteen times but only manage to get through once or twice to certain rounds,i think perhaps we slightly have what it takes right?? :lol: lol

should keep on improving and striving.. go all we can to get.. dont let any chances slipped away.. :P

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 9:57 pm

i wonder do they have interview on weekend instead of weekday. kinda hard for me to take off to go.

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:51 pm

lol... i wanna try again too.... but i think i'd better be a good gal and w8 till my ban's up!! haha... not goin to try for any walk-ins as it'll most probably be a waste of time... so, next year barx!!! >.<

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:35 pm

Lucille wrote:i wonder do they have interview on weekend instead of weekday. kinda hard for me to take off to go.
i guess wkend interview is normally walk-in kinda...

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 9:50 am

hey all....

For those who went on 4th Sept and still sending in the appliaction form once again.... Pls let me know if they respond / email ya the invitation , okie?

Thanks.

Coz I'm thinking of doing the same.... juz dat I'm worried the interviewer might recognise me and.... it's kinda not ez to apply for time-off from office lah... :)
Dreams Do Come True

dream_gal

Post by dream_gal » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 9:54 am

JadeiteJade wrote:
dream_gal wrote:
JadeiteJade wrote: he actually said that I should lose weight b4 coming for interview instead of losing weight after getting in..you know what i mean?

haiz... :???: :???: :???:
anyway i also didnt make it for the 1 to 1, the interviewer very strict :mad: , dont worry so much i think you just need to speak well, weight doesnt really matter.
yup yup..thats me!oh...whos your interviewer?the guy? :x :x :x
ya that old man. lol

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:04 am

hey dream_gal,

you say the interview is a old man?? is his head like... hmm... balding??
sorry i know it's kind of mean to say that... keke..

anyway that time i went for august walk-in, my 1 to 1 kanna an old man as well, he was sitting at table C if anyone is wondering... i was like thinking inside of me, is he really an interviewer?? whahahaha... anyway he was quite strict lo.. out of 5 ppl went in interview by him i think only 1 or 2 pass round 3......
Soaring above all

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:25 am

salvana wrote:hey all....

For those who went on 4th Sept and still sending in the appliaction form once again.... Pls let me know if they respond / email ya the invitation , okie?

Thanks.

Coz I'm thinking of doing the same.... juz dat I'm worried the interviewer might recognise me and.... it's kinda not ez to apply for time-off from office lah... :)
as of till now, i hadnt hear anything from them yet. :(

dream_gal

Post by dream_gal » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:31 am

VeniE wrote:hey dream_gal,

you say the interview is a old man?? is his head like... hmm... balding??
sorry i know it's kind of mean to say that... keke..

anyway that time i went for august walk-in, my 1 to 1 kanna an old man as well, he was sitting at table C if anyone is wondering... i was like thinking inside of me, is he really an interviewer?? whahahaha... anyway he was quite strict lo.. out of 5 ppl went in interview by him i think only 1 or 2 pass round 3......
i cant rememeber his head, but he is very straight forward :mad: haha, very strict !