Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 4:39 pm

DMN wrote:postoperative 10 weeks review with dr Jung after rhinoplasty, fat graft & lower bleph:

lower eyelid- no more eye bags!

fat graft - Nasolabial Fold :still good not so absorbed thus did not inject more today

fat graft - tempers/forehead: better than pre-op but need to fill more

Rhino - agreed to do revision in dec for coverage of nostrils, tip a little slanted towards right did not notice until photo was taken!), and alar to lift higher from side. A little swell on side but refused steroid injection cos i m patient with progress.

2nd fat graft:
:mad: my forehed is swelling and i look like some freak with huge forehead! :shock: hopefully, this 2nd graft is good enuf. dr. Jung is so nice, he did not charge me anything today. not even for the GA or medication such as painkillers etc. I paid nothing today juzt transportation to zoom in/out of Seoul
hey DMN,

Congrats! Great to hear you are doing well...

On your nose, was it because the doctor didnt know what you want? Or something... why was a revision needed?

Seems like Dr Jung has alot of revision cases... :?
New nose please~

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 4:40 pm

appletree wrote:
keenose wrote:
appletree wrote:Oh by the way, does anybody here experiences this: whereby using ur fingers to hold the implant inside ur nose lightly and the implant can actually be moved from left to right using ur fingers?? :???:
I've called up kalo to ask regarding this issue which has been disturbing me now... but ms tay told me its normal cos i still have some temp fillers inside my nose that cause the reason y?? hmmm...
Is that normal or abnormal???? HELP~!
how long has it been since your operation?

Oh let me think.. should be since may till now?? hehe cant rem the exact date.
WOw.. its been about 3 months? I think you should really contact the doctor and ask him whats going on...
New nose please~

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 8:10 pm

keenose wrote:hey DMN,

On your nose, was it because the doctor didnt know what you want? Or something... why was a revision needed?

Hi Keenose,

The 'revision' is for the alar. The ONLY thing I requested was to cover my nostrils not a particular shape or anything. Dr. Jung did not use cartilage to 'cover' my nostril becos he used donors' cartilage AND septal cartilage to make a strong projection to correct my short nose. Using cartilage to cover the nostrils can overdo it before the full effect of the projection shows.

My current nostrils' showing shld meet most ppl's requirement but not mine based on Mian Xiang. So Dr. Jung and I both agreed even before my trip yestday tt I wld go for a revision when 6months is up and the tip would hv projected fully.

I have no complain abt my bridge and can accept the little bulge at the tip or what some would label bulbous nose. Again, I did rhino for Mian Xiang and it suit me just fine.

For me, most impt criteria has been fulfilled and I am already reaping the benefits of a 'better' nose.

I wld not say dr. Jung has 'a lot' of revison. Yes, there some but I oso know of others who dun need revision. One of which is a women in her mid 30s from Taiwan yesterday who is oso visiting just for review and to see if she should do endotine forehead with Dr. Jung. Hers is a good job done 14 mths ago and no revision required.

Careful of judging a doc's skill entirely on revision required. Some pple just hv very limited condition to start with. Others are also too eager too limit cost and time. In my opinion, any feature on my face is worth to spend money than to buy the next LV or Gucci bag. There is really no guarantee in Rhinoplasty.

cheers.

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 8:34 pm

DMN wrote:
keenose wrote:hey DMN,

Hi Keenose,

The 'revision' is for the alar. The ONLY thing I requested was to cover my nostrils not a particular shape or anything. Dr. Jung did not use cartilage to 'cover' my nostril becos he used donors' cartilage AND septal cartilage to make a strong projection to correct my short nose. Using cartilage to cover the nostrils can overdo it before the full effect of the projection shows.

My current nostrils' showing shld meet most ppl's requirement but not mine based on Mian Xiang. So Dr. Jung and I both agreed even before my trip yestday tt I wld go for a revision when 6months is up and the tip would hv projected fully.

I have no complain abt my bridge and can accept the little bulge at the tip or what some would label bulbous nose. Again, I did rhino for Mian Xiang and it suit me just fine.

For me, most impt criteria has been fulfilled and I am already reaping the benefits of a 'better' nose.

I wld not say dr. Jung has 'a lot' of revison. Yes, there some but I oso know of others who dun need revision. One of which is a women in her mid 30s from Taiwan yesterday who is oso visiting just for review and to see if she should do endotrine with Dr. Jung. Hers is a good job done 14 mths ago and no revision required.

Careful of judging a doc's skill entirely on revision required. Some pple just hv very limited condition to start with. Others are also too eager too limit cost and time. In my opinion, any feature on my face is worth to spend money than to buy the next LV or Gucci bag. There is really no guarantee in Rhinoplasty.

cheers.
Thanks to your highlighting, I have also been looking into mian xiang.. I mean might as well try to follow the rules of mian xiang if possible. I believe in it as well.

However, I dont quite understand HOW a person's nostrils can be fully concealed? Hmmm do you have a celebrity or anyone's picture for us here who might be interested in mian xiang.

Also, do you know if moles that are NOT on your face contribute to mian xiang? I mean like if its on your neck.. or underneigth your chin.. not seen if facing straight etc...

About moles and such, I heard from a fortune teller that NO moles on face are the best. He said that moles on face are not good... hmmm
New nose please~

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 9:32 pm

keenose:Fully concealed means at eye level when you look at the person.

Moles NOT on face is fine. Moles r only good at one area - above lips. Others just go n remove lah- cos will cause trouble when you go to that particular age.

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 9:55 pm

DMN wrote:keenose:Fully concealed means at eye level when you look at the person.

Moles NOT on face is fine. Moles r only good at one area - above lips. Others just go n remove lah- cos will cause trouble when you go to that particular age.
you mean between the nose and lips area? the small section is it?
New nose please~

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:18 pm

from what i read(totallynot expert) there are 2 types of moles. one is mark, where it's only discolouration and no protruding tissues and another one is really mole where there is a bump. from what i know, cos moles will block the qi therefore, it's good to remove them or make them as small as possible.

i read that even a mole on your lip is no good especially if it's a big one. a mark is good though, cos it represents that you have a lot to eat.

Jang
Regular
Regular

Post by Jang » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 2:13 am

kalyn wrote:Hi Jang, have you tried the whitening drip/vit c with Dr Tan or Tan Teoh clinic yet? How's it? =)
Hi kalyn,

I when to see Dr Tan 2wk ago, and did check regarding the drip and I was asking her that will it helps to whiten our uneven skin tone on our face and she suggest me doing IPL.
She said that for the Vit C jab and the whitening drip might not be suitable for some ppl.

Now me also confused :???: Maybe will juz put this drip / jab idea aside first coz really tied up wiz my work, got no time for all tis at the moment. Will be free only till end Oct and will be going to korea for my PS in Nov wiz other PS buddies.

So i think i'll reconsider which doc I'll go for the jab/drip thing after I'm back from my PS trip. I'll share once i've done it ok :wink:
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

Jang
Regular
Regular

Pixel

Post by Jang » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 2:29 am

hi all,

I've juz try out 1 session of Pixel wiz Dr BC Ng 3days ago, i was told that this treatment can helps to lighten stretchmark & tighten skin on my tummy, but it will need about at least 6 session.

Anyone out there try this treatment before? care to share? Coz really hate my stretchmark on my tummy, and juz wondering should i continue the session coz is very X leh. Scare tat no significant result :cry:
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 2:23 pm

foubelle wrote:from what i read(totallynot expert) there are 2 types of moles. one is mark, where it's only discolouration and no protruding tissues and another one is really mole where there is a bump. from what i know, cos moles will block the qi therefore, it's good to remove them or make them as small as possible.

i read that even a mole on your lip is no good especially if it's a big one. a mark is good though, cos it represents that you have a lot to eat.
those big moles would block more qi then? haha since there is obstruction... ?
New nose please~

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 3:54 pm

maybe! that's what i read from the joey yap book.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 6:06 pm

foubelle wrote:from what i read (totally not expert) there are 2 types of moles. one is mark, where it's only discolouration and no protruding tissues and another one is really mole where there is a bump. from what i know, cos moles will block the qi therefore, it's good to remove them or make them as small as possible.

NOT even on the lip. Any marks or moles on all areas (except between lip and nose) are no good.

They represent a specific age and depending on location oso a reflection of the specific internal organ.

Discolouration is also a negative. Small crowded face, pointy & bony nose, sharps chins, any part of face that protrudes unncessarily or excessively are all negative features.

hope this helps.

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 6:55 pm

DMN wrote:
foubelle wrote:from what i read (totally not expert) there are 2 types of moles. one is mark, where it's only discolouration and no protruding tissues and another one is really mole where there is a bump. from what i know, cos moles will block the qi therefore, it's good to remove them or make them as small as possible.

NOT even on the lip. Any marks or moles on all areas (except between lip and nose) are no good.

They represent a specific age and depending on location oso a reflection of the specific internal organ.

Discolouration is also a negative. Small crowded face, pointy & bony nose, sharps chins, any part of face that protrudes unncessarily or excessively are all negative features.

hope this helps.

Hi DMN,

Nice to see your posts and glad you had a pleasant trip to Seoul again.

What do you mean by "small crowded face" hehehe ??

Oh dear me.... then you won`t like my nose....(or rather its bad ??)

This is really funny because I know that for the Chinese, a rounded (often meaty & chubby) looking face (forgive the double chins and jowls!!) is considered "fortune" or "Fu Qi", eh? But I do have full cheeks (in born) so does this counter my other "negative" features like nose, chin and long slanted eyes??

Oh yes, I also have a tiny black mole just above the right side of my upper lip just below in alar base - what is this?

Just curious.....:)

Kwell

(Good my nostril is "concealed" - I should be less spend thrift now, eh?)
Last edited by kwelll on Thu, 06 Sep 2007 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 6:55 pm

DMN wrote:

hope this helps.
Wah.. even discolouration counts! That means like freckles or such right?

So its.. good to have a round face?? :?
New nose please~

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:19 pm

Hey Kwell,

I see you are finally chummy n happy! Good! Pls pm me -like to know where you went... :-)

Small crowded face-haha! Juz as is lor :P Small face with esp. all features just crowded together. Diff from small face with golden proportion, which compensates. But compare the latter with a larger face with golden proportion - the large face is still best in Mian Xiang.

BALANCE is the key, let's say one thinks big nose good and go and do one which occupies like 25% of the face, then of course it becomes damn bad. haha!

Hmm...actually in Mian Xiang terms fat ppl oso no good life. Fu Qi is not abt being fat or obese but sufficient flesh surrounding the bone structure. Thus, round face may be better but NOT always.

Woah - quite complex to explain. Basically, ALL faces, no matter what race, will have its own 5 Elements (Water, Wood, Fire, Metal, Earth) form. A round shaped face is actually metal shape so the texture of the flesh and other features also must match lah. This means round face usually shd come with a relatively high cheekbone and flesh a bit soft. We call that IN FORM. But if a gal's round face is damn bony and then still go and get a very bony Ke Fu nose. Then alamak! Not only not 'in form', nose will definitely cos bad luck for her men as the forms become one of Fire and Metal clashes. I.e. she will then in turn attract low quality, low self esteem men.

Also, only Water form ppl can be fat, other elements become fat also will become negative.

Not trying to promote 'superstition' here. Chinese Metaphysics is actually thousands of years of wisdom and is VERY specific not like: "oh, you fat, then you good Fu Qi." Generalisation has killed modern Chinese's knowledge of our heritage. Other studies which are under-utilised areare Chinese Medicine & Yi Jing.

Whatever, we discussed so far are just symptoms/signal to watch from 'Outer' layer. It is like an onion - as one goes through the layers of theories and application (be it Metephysics or Chinese Medicine) and go right into the core, we are talking about astronomy - planetary movements and influence of our universe.

Mole above lip is like what foubelle says good Fu Qi in terms of good food and depending on exact location can mean Gui Ren or what we call noblemen.

cheers!
dmn
Last edited by DMN on Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.