Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
dreampotion
Regular
Regular

Post by dreampotion » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:24 am

foubelle wrote:i know everyone thinks that meso actually metls the fats but it doesnt!

i was doing my intern at this plastic surgery clinic and the doctor said that meso actually helps to make the skin stronger(some fiber thing which i dont really understand) so it binds the fats tighter and thus you become slimer. the fats dont really disappear. dont believe go weigh yourself. wouldnt have any weight changes.

i'm quite scared of anything melting actually. cos what if the melted substance never fully pass out of the system but stay there. will it become cancer? ok i think i just kia si(scared death).
is it the same for carboxytherapy?

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:50 am

Oh, that was what i heard from doctors, can't be sure myself. How about the steriods then? what would they do to the nose? Any idea?

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 11:24 am

not sure about the carboxytherapy cos not that popular at the place i'm having intern with. mostly, it's just botox and meso.

there are many kinds of steriods, some are used to trea keloids, some are use to gain muscle mass it really all depends. i'm neither a professional nor an expert. just a student still and basically sharing what i know.

the doctor says that a lot of doctors has the misunderstanding that it melts fats too. but from what he observed, it's not the case.

zinnia

Post by zinnia » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 1:54 pm

[quote="keenose
Hihi!!

When in october are you going? I am planning to go in October too![/quote]

Hi Keenose (^_^) Thanks a lot for your message! I try to reply, but I can't , because I'm too new in this forum!
I will be there (Dr Chuang's Clinic) in October 5th, and get the surgery in October 6th . How about you?
My father now agree to go with me , finally... amen :D
Now the only thing to worry about is getting the visa , hixhix.... I'm a Vietnamese, and they don't issue visa for 1 or 2 people, they just give visa for a big group of travellers
To live is to fight ;)

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 3:40 pm

zinnia wrote:[quote="keenose
Hihi!!

When in october are you going? I am planning to go in October too!

Hi Keenose (^_^) Thanks a lot for your message! I try to reply, but I can't , because I'm too new in this forum!
I will be there (Dr Chuang's Clinic) in October 5th, and get the surgery in October 6th . How about you?
My father now agree to go with me , finally... amen :D
Now the only thing to worry about is getting the visa , hixhix.... I'm a Vietnamese, and they don't issue visa for 1 or 2 people, they just give visa for a big group of travellers[/quote]

hey Zinnia,

wow, so good! Your father is actually supporting you in this?
So you have already fixed the date with him?

I am going in mid or end October. So what procedures are you doing in total? I have given you my email in the PM, you can email me too...

Oh wow so getting visa could be a problem for you?
New nose please~

Regular
Regular

Post by 244522 » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 6:02 pm

foubelle wrote:not sure about the carboxytherapy cos not that popular at the place i'm having intern with. mostly, it's just botox and meso.

there are many kinds of steriods, some are used to trea keloids, some are use to gain muscle mass it really all depends. i'm neither a professional nor an expert. just a student still and basically sharing what i know.

the doctor says that a lot of doctors has the misunderstanding that it melts fats too. but from what he observed, it's not the case.
Hi foubelle,
Do you have any good reccomendation for mesto-botox injection to prevent face from sagging and firm it up. :D

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:05 pm

foubelle wrote:not sure about the carboxytherapy cos not that popular at the place i'm having intern with. mostly, it's just botox and meso.

I see. cool

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 6:30 am

keenose wrote:
appletree wrote:Oh by the way, does anybody here experiences this: whereby using ur fingers to hold the implant inside ur nose lightly and the implant can actually be moved from left to right using ur fingers?? :???:
I've called up kalo to ask regarding this issue which has been disturbing me now... but ms tay told me its normal cos i still have some temp fillers inside my nose that cause the reason y?? hmmm...
Is that normal or abnormal???? HELP~!
how long has it been since your operation?

Oh let me think.. should be since may till now?? hehe cant rem the exact date.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 7:01 am

postoperative 10 weeks review with dr Jung after rhinoplasty, fat graft & lower bleph:

lower eyelid- no more eye bags!

fat graft - Nasolabial Fold :still good not so absorbed thus did not inject more today

fat graft - tempers/forehead: better than pre-op but need to fill more

Rhino - agreed to do revision in dec for coverage of nostrils, tip a little slanted towards right did not notice until photo was taken!), and alar to lift higher from side. A little swell on side but refused steroid injection cos i m patient with progress.

2nd fat graft:
:mad: my forehed is swelling and i look like some freak with huge forehead! :shock: hopefully, this 2nd graft is good enuf. dr. Jung is so nice, he did not charge me anything today. not even for the GA or medication such as painkillers etc. I paid nothing today juzt transportation to zoom in/out of Seoul

zov

Post by zov » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 7:55 am

appletree wrote:
keenose wrote:
appletree wrote:Oh by the way, does anybody here experiences this: whereby using ur fingers to hold the implant inside ur nose lightly and the implant can actually be moved from left to right using ur fingers?? :???:
I've called up kalo to ask regarding this issue which has been disturbing me now... but ms tay told me its normal cos i still have some temp fillers inside my nose that cause the reason y?? hmmm...
Is that normal or abnormal???? HELP~!
how long has it been since your operation?

I think you should be concern as I had my nose done in Jan and revision in june and it has heal fully except for slight pain once in a while when i touch it too hard. Mine is silicon implant and it never moves. Maybe you should consult a local doc. instead of going back to kalo. Is ms tay the doc who op. on u? Talk to a qualified p.s is the best. :)

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 9:31 am

meso botox works more like botox than meso from the results i've seen. if you're looking for something that has effects of a facelift, then radiofrequency would be good. it's less invasive and still has good results. only that it's slightly more expensive than botox/mesobotox/meso jabs.results last longer too actually.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:22 am

Glad to hear that things are going well DMN ^-^

Regular
Regular

Post by 244522 » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 3:41 pm

foubelle wrote:meso botox works more like botox than meso from the results i've seen. if you're looking for something that has effects of a facelift, then radiofrequency would be good. it's less invasive and still has good results. only that it's slightly more expensive than botox/mesobotox/meso jabs.results last longer too actually.

I heard mestobotox can reduce pore size and oiliness. So I think is a 3 in 1 good remedy for me to lift, and solve my acne issue. :)

Regular
Regular

Post by 244522 » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 3:47 pm

DMN wrote:postoperative 10 weeks review with dr Jung after rhinoplasty, fat graft & lower bleph:

lower eyelid- no more eye bags!

fat graft - Nasolabial Fold :still good not so absorbed thus did not inject more today

fat graft - tempers/forehead: better than pre-op but need to fill more

Rhino - agreed to do revision in dec for coverage of nostrils, tip a little slanted towards right did not notice until photo was taken!), and alar to lift higher from side. A little swell on side but refused steroid injection cos i m patient with progress.

2nd fat graft:
:mad: my forehed is swelling and i look like some freak with huge forehead! :shock: hopefully, this 2nd graft is good enuf. dr. Jung is so nice, he did not charge me anything today. not even for the GA or medication such as painkillers etc. I paid nothing today juzt transportation to zoom in/out of Seoul
Hi DMN

Are you happy with your surgeries? :)

Its cool that your eyebag vanish in 10 weeks. I wanted to do under MH but he say it will be swollen for a period of time, the long recovery period scares me. I didnt know it will be okay in 10 weeks. :)

By the way, I realise that some of Dr Jung patient go for revision of nose after a period of time. How come he didnt do a nice nose initially? Is it really because he do to personal standard and not to the standard of good nose job? Meaning he take patient personal opinon into the main account and did not account in term of his own artistic view of a nice nose job. :D I dont understand if its a good nose job, then patient wouldnt have to go back anymore right?

cheers

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 4:22 pm

zov wrote:
appletree wrote:
keenose wrote: how long has it been since your operation?

I think you should be concern as I had my nose done in Jan and revision in june and it has heal fully except for slight pain once in a while when i touch it too hard. Mine is silicon implant and it never moves. Maybe you should consult a local doc. instead of going back to kalo. Is ms tay the doc who op. on u? Talk to a qualified p.s is the best. :)

Hmm... yupyup im going back on e day where Dr. song is around. Nono.. Ms tay is just the consultant there only.