Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 5:06 pm

Dear Macmeera...

U r so blessed to be offered!....well, to each of its own....glad you really know what you want eventually :)

I am currently working in a clinical research organisation...they are an MNC...well-known...& expanding recently due to influx of projects..if you want, PM me...or u leave yr email on the forum...

hope that helps!
.CEL.

lifehouse

Post by lifehouse » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 5:59 pm

CelT wrote:Dear Macmeera...

U r so blessed to be offered!....well, to each of its own....glad you really know what you want eventually :)

I am currently working in a clinical research organisation...they are an MNC...well-known...& expanding recently due to influx of projects..if you want, PM me...or u leave yr email on the forum...

hope that helps!
hi, ive pm-ed u abt the above. im not sure if i can pm u since i havent posted much. i hope u dont mind me asking abt this organisation ur working for. hope to hear from u soon :)

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 6:17 pm

hello...lifehouse...

i have PM u as well...

any more concerns, just PM me...i hope i can be of help to you :)
.CEL.

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 6:22 pm

CelT wrote:Dear Macmeera...

hope that helps!
Thanks for the info.. very appreciate that!

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 7:30 pm

macmeera wrote:anyone got the job offer but without taking it? well i get the job offer though.. but after deep consideration i guess i wont take up the offer. Anyone studying in the field of biotech? I need a job!

To those aspire to become air steward/stewardess.. self confidence n positive personality r the key to success.. Tips to get the job is to study the background of the company n understand the job scope of the job. Good luck!
wah..you wasted such a good opportunity :o ..think of people trying for how many times already and end up without such an offer :mad: ...i must whack you already... :? if you have a heart to go for interview, why don't you want the job?...you may else give it to other people who really desperate for it :cry:

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 7:49 pm

downtown wrote:
macmeera wrote:anyone got the job offer but without taking it? well i get the job offer though.. but after deep consideration i guess i wont take up the offer. Anyone studying in the field of biotech? I need a job!

To those aspire to become air steward/stewardess.. self confidence n positive personality r the key to success.. Tips to get the job is to study the background of the company n understand the job scope of the job. Good luck!
wah..you wasted such a good opportunity :o ..think of people trying for how many times already and end up without such an offer :mad: ...i must whack you already... :? if you have a heart to go for interview, why don't you want the job?...you may else give it to other people who really desperate for it :cry:
well i disagree with that.. i believe that everyone has their rights to make their own decision...

better to stop now than to realise in future that this is not what you want right.
Soaring above all

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 8:39 pm

downtown wrote:

'if you have a heart to go for interview, why don't you want the job?'
I can frankly tell u that i went for the interview for the sake of getting the experience of being interviewed by such a well established company in competition with hundreds of other candidates (im a fresh grad.. no harm for me to try out rite? And yet.. im very appreciate d great opportunity!) Well i believe if u have what it takes to be a stewardess + luck, u deserve the equal opportunity to get the job.

'you wasted such a good opportunity'
I disagree.. good or bad lies on a person's perception.. despite being offered a high pay job. i feel that such a job is not my cup of tea (i know what i like n happy with). So since i still not bound to the contract yet.. i got the rights to reject it. Likewhat Venie said 'better to stop now than to realise in future that this is not what you want right'. :)

Anyway, after went thru several rounds of interviews, i wud b glad to share my experience with u all if anyone interested. Go for it if u aspire to become one!

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 9:02 pm

I was wondering what is the max amount that a cc would get paid..after years of progression into a IFS....

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 5:44 pm

4k-5k.. a normal FSS gets about 4k if they have good flights too..

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:53 pm

_Good_ wrote:
VeniE wrote:
_Good_ wrote:Hello people...

I just caught this japanese serial on crunchyroll.com. Its really quite inspiring! :shock:

If you people have time you can check this tv series out! I really got more motivated to be a cabin crew after watching how this jap girl changed from a rock star to become a JAL flight stewardess! :)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=732

Hope this inspires those whose dreams are fading or to push on those who are aiming to be a cabin crew! :wink:

Enjoy!! :D
yeah it's a nice show... funny and inspiring!!! i have the drama series... super nice... keke... those who wanna know abt the cabin crew role should watch... tells you a lot about being a FA...
Woah...looks like quite many people have already watched the show! :D

Yes other then inspiring its there actually quite a good story line. Shows you the importance of learning all the first aid in class too! :wink:
yup i love the show too! some parts so touching i cried when i watched it...

ciaffection

Post by ciaffection » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 3:31 am

hi when is the date for next SIA interview?

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 8:59 am

dilemma gal

Post by dilemma gal » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:50 am

Hey anyone know what kind of questions will be asked during the managment interview??? chances of being booted out is it high???

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 2:49 pm

macmeera wrote:
downtown wrote:

'if you have a heart to go for interview, why don't you want the job?'
I can frankly tell u that i went for the interview for the sake of getting the experience of being interviewed by such a well established company in competition with hundreds of other candidates (im a fresh grad.. no harm for me to try out rite? And yet.. im very appreciate d great opportunity!) Well i believe if u have what it takes to be a stewardess + luck, u deserve the equal opportunity to get the job.

'you wasted such a good opportunity'
I disagree.. good or bad lies on a person's perception.. despite being offered a high pay job. i feel that such a job is not my cup of tea (i know what i like n happy with). So since i still not bound to the contract yet.. i got the rights to reject it. Likewhat Venie said 'better to stop now than to realise in future that this is not what you want right'. :)

Anyway, after went thru several rounds of interviews, i wud b glad to share my experience with u all if anyone interested. Go for it if u aspire to become one!
its such a funny case, when many people are yearning and dying hard to get in lol :P
but you know you're just the same as my friend, he did not take up the job although he got the offer. I guess everyones got their own paths and goals they want to follow.. best of luck!
"City of Ang3Ls"

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 9:04 pm

dilemma gal wrote:Hey anyone know what kind of questions will be asked during the managment interview??? chances of being booted out is it high???
It really depends on your performance my dear.. one with positive mind would certainly possess higher chance of getting in! Question like 'chances of being booted out is it high???' shouldnt have exist in your mind!

I can give you some ideas about questions they would likely to ask during the management interview :D Of coz, before they try to understand u better, first u have to know ur own qualities in YOU! do pm me for the list of questions they've asked me..

Good Luck!