Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
reydevan

Post by reydevan » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 9:05 pm

patterious wrote:
reydevan wrote:yeah heard about the JAL one....but they need you to speak Eng n Mandarin....Mandarin for wat?? I know other second languages tho... beats me....i cant speak Mandarin....As for Emirates, i dont wan to b based in Dubai leh....hah
They need Mandarin speaking crew to make Mandarin PA on flight.
But they dont need so many to make PA right? I'm sure there wil b loads of others....oh well, too bad for me...i can speak good eng but cannt speak mandarin... :wink:

hoofmaker

Post by hoofmaker » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 9:14 pm

I have taken Jal flights before and realized that there is only one chinese speaking flight attendant on board.

Do not know if it is the same for all the Jal flights or not though.

Also, i did not see any other races during the Jal interview except for chinese.

_Good_

Post by _Good_ » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 9:51 pm

Hello people...

I just caught this japanese serial on crunchyroll.com. Its really quite inspiring! :shock:

If you people have time you can check this tv series out! I really got more motivated to be a cabin crew after watching how this jap girl changed from a rock star to become a JAL flight stewardess! :)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=732

Hope this inspires those whose dreams are fading or to push on those who are aiming to be a cabin crew! :wink:

Enjoy!! :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 9:55 pm

even if don't need so many to do the PA, the purpose of having multilingual crew is NOT to make the PA, but to communicate better with passengers in their mother tongue, and you need to be aware that not everyone knows english..
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:01 pm

_Good_ wrote:Hello people...

I just caught this japanese serial on crunchyroll.com. Its really quite inspiring! :shock:

If you people have time you can check this tv series out! I really got more motivated to be a cabin crew after watching how this jap girl changed from a rock star to become a JAL flight stewardess! :)

Hope this inspires those whose dreams are fading or to push on those who are aiming to be a cabin crew! :wink:

yeah it's a nice show... funny and inspiring!!! i have the drama series... super nice... keke... those who wanna know abt the cabin crew role should watch... tells you a lot about being a FA...
Soaring above all

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:43 pm

Just watch it on youtube will do..

_Good_

Post by _Good_ » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:05 am

VeniE wrote:
_Good_ wrote:Hello people...

yeah it's a nice show... funny and inspiring!!! i have the drama series... super nice... keke... those who wanna know abt the cabin crew role should watch... tells you a lot about being a FA...
Woah...looks like quite many people have already watched the show! :D

Yes other then inspiring its there actually quite a good story line. Shows you the importance of learning all the first aid in class too! :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:52 am

xmischax wrote:even if don't need so many to do the PA, the purpose of having multilingual crew is NOT to make the PA, but to communicate better with passengers in their mother tongue, and you need to be aware that not everyone knows english..
=D> =D>

Indignant

Post by Indignant » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 5:07 pm

People, just wondering. After joining as a cabin crew, if wanna leave its ranks, what other job can an ex-cabin crew apply for?

Deer Bambi

Post by Deer Bambi » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 9:18 pm

i've tried SQ interview for 4 times already. but still i nvr got in. :???: its really disappointing. i have no idea what went wrong. everybody is saying about good proportion for figure and nice clear complexion. but was checking if there is any SQ stewardess that dont really have nice straight set of teeth? cuz i have got a little vampire teeth at left side... :evil:

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:42 pm

Deer Bambi wrote:i've tried SQ interview for 4 times already. but still i nvr got in. :???: its really disappointing. i have no idea what went wrong. everybody is saying about good proportion for figure and nice clear complexion. but was checking if there is any SQ stewardess that dont really have nice straight set of teeth? cuz i have got a little vampire teeth at left side... :evil:
its nothing to do with having straight teeth, maybe its the smile :)
"City of Ang3Ls"

SQGuy

Post by SQGuy » Sun, 02 Sep 2007 8:15 pm

SQGuy wrote:Hi people, Just wanna share my experience after reading some of the posting over here. I'm a junior cabin crew with SQ, been only flying for 1+ years. I can see that there are many questions you guys wanna ask. For once, I was reading this forum a year ago, just like many of you now. If you have any queries about flying life, etc..., you are more than welcome to drop me a PM and I will try my best to answer your question to the best of my knowledge. Yes, I'm not very senior in the company but I'm truly offering my help. Should I'm unable to, I'm sure there are many fellow crews on this forum can. :)
Still offering my help. :)

lifehouse

Post by lifehouse » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:15 pm

I'd like to know, how often do u fly in a month? and longest u've been away?

Deer Bambi

Post by Deer Bambi » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 1:03 pm

blancD wrote:
Deer Bambi wrote:i've tried SQ interview for 4 times already. but still i nvr got in. :???: its really disappointing. i have no idea what went wrong. everybody is saying about good proportion for figure and nice clear complexion. but was checking if there is any SQ stewardess that dont really have nice straight set of teeth? cuz i have got a little vampire teeth at left side... :evil:
its nothing to do with having straight teeth, maybe its the smile :)

hmmm... i heard they are really very particular about complexion, figure and language... and teeth! i wonder if u have friends that dont have straight set of teeth and is working w sq.. i doubt so.... anyone? :shock:

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 2:52 pm

anyone got the job offer but without taking it? well i get the job offer though.. but after deep consideration i guess i wont take up the offer. Anyone studying in the field of biotech? I need a job!

To those aspire to become air steward/stewardess.. self confidence n positive personality r the key to success.. Tips to get the job is to study the background of the company n understand the job scope of the job. Good luck!