Singapore Expats

Varicose Veins

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ellehcor

Varicose Veins

Post by ellehcor » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 4:25 pm

I have a problem. I'm only 22 years old but i already have a varicose veins. What should i do to treat these? If possible can i treat it by myself?
"May the Blessings of GOD be with Us always.."

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 2:09 pm

i heard acupuncture works
Always have a smile on that face!

ellehcor

Post by ellehcor » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 5:40 pm

How much does it cost?

ant cassidy

Post by ant cassidy » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 3:44 am

Hi there. I have also had varicose veins since i was 18, im now 36 and i have had 2 operations. The op i had was sclerotherapy and the 2nd op, was stripping, ie, stripping the veins out. It sounds bad but it wasn't that bad, it all depends on how bad they are. Go see a doctor, but be aware that if they are not causing you any pain, they may not operate, as this would be a cosmetic problem, unless you pay yourself!
An alternative may be herbal remedies, which is what i am trying now since my veins have come back again. Horse chestnut and pycnogenol are ones to try, but ask your doctor first! hope this helps. You may also be at greater risk if it runs in the family, my whole family has a history of it.

pupa31

Post by pupa31 » Fri, 07 Sep 2007 8:55 pm

i`ve been using vitamink 8% serum , it works wonders for my broken cappilaries(spelling) around eye/cheek area... i usually order from online, you can`t buy it in singapore, now it has changed name to red alert.. just google vitamin k 8% from mediK

ellehcor

Post by ellehcor » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:18 am

YOu mean it can cure varicose veins in my thighs?

pupa31

Post by pupa31 » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 2:33 pm

i used to have so called spider veins on my cheeks and under my eyes(not too much) and it helped me to get rid of them. don`t know about thighs area but its quite strong stuff,so hopefully can work on thighs too. :)

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Post by mayamomi » Sat, 15 Sep 2007 6:03 pm

it depends on the severity of the varicose veins... some frens of mine who had mild v.veins claimed that wearing support stockings helped...

especially if ur job requires u to stand on ur feet all day...

try to elevate ur legs on pillows when u rest too...
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

suneel86

Re: Varicose Veins

Post by suneel86 » Wed, 23 Oct 2019 5:13 pm

Hello Friends, My mother who is 52yrs old, she has got Varicose veins, it's still moderate. She consulted a doctor in India and he has prescribed some vitamin tablets and socks stocking, she is taking that since last 1 month, but the results are not yet visible. She is in Singapore now and I was thinking of consulting a doctor here. Can you guys help me with a good Doctor reference for consultation ?

PS: Since she is 52, I'm skeptical about any Laser or operations, as it may have side effects later time.

Thanks so much !!

chimmey11

Post by chimmey11 » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 11:52 am

I have some Telangiectasia- veins on my face and treat them with dual yellow laser with Dr Ewen Chee from The Chelsea Clinic at Wheelock Place level 5. He is very kind and his treatments are effective. Would highly recommend! https://www.chelseaclinic.com.sg/

There is no hard-selling, pesky sales consultant at this place as well PHEW!!

Haruki
Regular
Regular

Post by Haruki » Tue, 12 May 2020 9:09 pm

My masseur swears by an apple cider vinegar home remedy... I thought she was joking but apparently not!
https://health.onehowto.com/article/how ... -1744.html

bananahannah

Post by bananahannah » Mon, 21 Dec 2020 2:40 pm

I wonder, because a friend of mine mentioned this not long ago, can stockings or compression socks really help with varicose veins?

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”