Singapore Expats

SONY Vaio CR

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
kheetat_86

SONY Vaio CR

Post by kheetat_86 » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 8:27 pm

I fell in love with style SONY Vaio CR at the first sight. But i need some help from you guys.

Basically, I am not a gamer. I used it mainly for school and work. Maybe some installation of accounting programs, PDF reader. I have the habit of multi-tasking. Opening of messenger, excel, media player, internet browser and others.

Will this Sony Vaio CR suitable for me and worth the price of $1999?

Pls Advice

Thanks,
Jared

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bremen » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:02 am

your applications hardly count as multi-tasking, and you will barely cause the laptop to even need to ramp up to full power. Your applications are fairly simple.

But then again, Sony stuff tends to be much cheaper outside SG. If you're traveling to the USA or HK, it's cheaper to get it there.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:20 pm

Bremen wrote:But then again, Sony stuff tends to be much cheaper outside SG. If you're traveling to the USA or HK, it's cheaper to get it there.
Really? It's cheaper outside SG? How about Middle East Countries like Doha? I'm leaving SG on 22.09 for a duration of at least 2 years and am considering to get a laptop. Similar to "kheetat_86" my usage for the laptop is 'bout the same and am really in love with the Sony Viao. Else would you or anyone be able to advice what's the ideal laptop for my usage? Any kind advice would be much appreciated and would seriously be taken into consideration. Thanks in advance. CHEERS! :D
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bremen » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 2:40 pm

I don't know about Doha prices.

Well, if your use is fairly low-level like Jared's, any laptop in the <2k range will do, really. Pick one with a bright screen and good resolution. If you like the Vaio series and can afford it, go for it.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:58 pm

Bremen wrote:Well, if your use is fairly low-level like Jared's, any laptop in the <2k range will do, really.
Thanks, Bremen. Comet Exibition coming in afew days, looking forward to it. <2k right? :D Will definately work from there. CHEERIOS!
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

AMD based PC

Post by prkravi » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:01 am

I saw one Acer for S$899 in Harvey norman couple of days back.
Would suit your needs 100%.

sony in my opinion is OVER priced!

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Re: AMD based PC

Post by rev12000 » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:17 am

prkravi wrote:I saw one Acer for S$899 in Harvey norman couple of days back.
Would suit your needs 100%.

sony in my opinion is OVER priced!
YES, i totally agree with you. I'm truely in love with Sony Viao, then again i'm worried that i'll purchase something that is overpriced yet not being able to fully utilized it. Something silimar not comparing Branding, my friend highly recommend me Dell latest series. :) Hopefully, i'll be able to get my answer from the coming Comet Fair at Suntec. Thanks for your advice.

p/s::
Acer review, erm ...
:-| :-| :-| :mrgreen:

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”