Singapore Expats

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:51 pm

hahahaha~ i got booted out in rd 1 today.... EMIRATESSS... hahahah

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:52 pm

VeniE wrote:hey ppl...

went for today's walk-in.. surprisingly not many ppl.. the Q wasnt bad.. i was in group 24...

first round: self intro... 5/10 got.. including me... :lol:

second round: kebaya cum skin check... 8/10 got in... including me... :lol: this time they juz use a light bulb... honestly if u can cover ur flaws quite well den should be fine coz i dun have perfect skin as well...

third round: 1 to 1... if you come out with a pcs of paper means you pass.. if dun have i think fail.. coz i came out with no paper, my interviewer juz say will contact me.. which i think the chances is 0.0001% lo... keke.. so i was out again..

honestly third round see your luck de.. u heng will get a lenient de.. suay leh.. pray lor...

me i think i was stuck at the qns why i tried so many times but din get in.. den i said i was too nervous.. so opps.., bye bye liao...

qns they ask are what ur current job, why join SIA.. what are the recent news abt SIA... what are the qualities to be a SIA cabin crew... blah blah blah...

that's what i rem now... but i guess i shall try again... at least i made improvement.. was always stuck at round 1.. now i improve liao... which is good.. keke...

good luck to the rest trying tml...

hey venie!haha...we both made improvements liao!
i shall use more foundation the next time!
hopefully we can progress to more rounds the next time!to medical round!yeah.haha

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:53 pm

JadeiteJade wrote:
2nd round is kebaya n skin check
no problem. :D ..you nearly scare me to death.. :o

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:56 pm

venie...congratulations :lol: ...now left me already... :(

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 7:01 pm

hey juz wanna check if anyone is in same situation as me??

at third round instead of giving u a paper for swimming test, they say will contact you??

hmm... though i know the chance is only 0.001%... but i think i will wait for 1 week plus den see got any news ma... den maybe call them or what..
Soaring above all

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 7:19 pm

downtown wrote:
_Good_ wrote:Hi! Anyone knows if I can try to go both days if I don't get thru the first?! 8-)
you know what question they ask? :?
how come so many pple go still don't reply to my question? :( i need the question urgently by today :? ...stop keeping the question by yourself :cry:

starlit3z

Post by starlit3z » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 7:47 pm

if i paste my photo on the application form already, do i still need to bring a passport size photo??

heh thanks~~ :D

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 8:22 pm

hey girls,

I went for the interview today. Got booted out in round one. Didn't know what went wrong actually. In my group, only one out of 10 got in. I think my group is the finally group for the day, bcos most of us reached at around 12 - 1pm. Maybe becos we are slighly later then the rest so we only get 1/10 who got through.

Most of the girls was shocked when the result was out. The question asked was "Intro yourself and tell us why you are here".

There are several girls whom we felt have present quite well, but eventually, the one speak normally got through. Probably, she got the SQ girl look.

The girl who got through wore black top n bottom. Tie up her hair neatly behind.

Well, anyone can tell me, are we able to attend tmr's interview too?

Thanks.

Joycee

hoofmaker

Post by hoofmaker » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 8:41 pm

True, i do agree that LUCK plays a big part.

Sometimes, even if you have all it takes, it doesnt mean you will get to where you want.

When they have have reach a quota, the rest of the hopefuls are just patronized by the interviewers.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 9:03 pm

Joycee wrote:hey girls,

I went for the interview today. Got booted out in round one. Didn't know what went wrong actually. In my group, only one out of 10 got in. I think my group is the finally group for the day, bcos most of us reached at around 12 - 1pm. Maybe becos we are slighly later then the rest so we only get 1/10 who got through.

Most of the girls was shocked when the result was out. The question asked was "Intro yourself and tell us why you are here".

There are several girls whom we felt have present quite well, but eventually, the one speak normally got through. Probably, she got the SQ girl look.

The girl who got through wore black top n bottom. Tie up her hair neatly behind.

Well, anyone can tell me, are we able to attend tmr's interview too?

Thanks.

Joycee

haha i also got the same question and got booted out too in the first rd too.. only 3 out of 10 got in.. but i guess i noe where my prob lies.. thinking back i think i was out of question... well it was indeed a fun experience.

i ask my friend and she dun think it will be advisable to go for tml interview if we went today.. beside in the first rd they did say if we din make it, try for another interview din really ask us come back tml..

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:15 pm

who's going tomorrow? :D
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

charlene_yy

Post by charlene_yy » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:53 pm

me!!! i am going tml.. its going to be my 1 zillion time trying.. haha!

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:13 pm

Anyone to tell me more about WCT? =(

I cleared the rounds today at the interview and I really have to say tt, besides smiling and confidence, LUCK is very very impt.

So..
GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE GOING TML!! :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:21 pm

confidenceless wrote:Anyone to tell me more about WCT? =(

I cleared the rounds today at the interview and I really have to say tt, besides smiling and confidence, LUCK is very very impt.

So..
GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE GOING TML!! :D
confidence, confidence. :)

they'll let you wear a life vest and when they say jump, you just grab your life vest and jump into the water, without hesitation. then, just lie on your back and kick, to the other side of the pool.

haven't been to that round, but this is what everyone who's been there says. passing rate is high. good luck and all the best!

congrats for passing today, by the way! :D
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

_Good_

Post by _Good_ » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:52 pm

downtown wrote:
downtown wrote:
_Good_ wrote:Hi! Anyone knows if I can try to go both days if I don't get thru the first?! 8-)
you know what question they ask? :?
how come so many pple go still don't reply to my question? :( i need the question urgently by today :? ...stop keeping the question by yourself :cry:

Sorry downtown. I've been out the whole day. Got no chance to check and reply. :-|

I was out the first round the last time... So dun know the questions... :(