Singapore Expats

Recent crimes in Malaysia - dead Spore man in fridge

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Coldie

Post by Coldie » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 10:15 pm

Hi there,

Was there a media frenzy over the 11 chopped up pieces of a singapore man? Someone bought an auction condo in Posh KL area and found fridge with the dead for more than XX months. Buy 1 condo get a body free.... vy crude.

Recently, a spat of murders happened like 3 in 1 day....
Criminals here are "above the law".. police chiefs get threats like pigs heads, bloody chop-off genitals.. (?) what this? and SMS of pics of dead pig head, emails w
dead pig head... ???

Just yesterday, a young lady student raped and strangled in
her own rented house, all the flatmates ran away....

The previous months, 2 cases in Johore where motorist were raped and robbed with their boyfriends in tow.... till now, no one was caught, crime not solved... (sigh...)

Sigh.... can it get any worst?

Anyone like to say something.

I have given up and practice staying at home... locked behind bars...

Help! :P (just joking).
::: Be carefuL whom you meet on your way up, because you'll NEVER know who you'll meet on your way down:::

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 10:32 pm

...............................Your point is? :???:

bendera

Post by bendera » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 7:56 pm

Oh dear. i have to say that it feels like people are brainwashed here against traveling to Malaysia. I think people here have to remember that Singapore is smaller than Kuala Lumpur. It is a city country and hence much easier to control. Big brother is alive and well here.

Malaysia's crime rate has increased over the years but not to the point that you can't travel there. I go there often and lived there many years ago and practice the same common sense that I would anywhere.

I've recently moved here from England and that is a scary place!!! Paedophiles, rapists, pickpockets, etc... everywhere. I even had someone try and steal my hadbag from me while I was at the post office in England.

I've heard many people tell me how dangerous it is in Malaysia but it doesn't stop them crossing the border to take advantage of cheaper prices or take holidays there.

It is very safe and sterile in Singapore and many people do get complacent. As long as you are vigilent and don't go looking for trouble you'll be safe pretty much where ever you go.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 8:00 pm

Yeah, like the guy who stopped at the petrol kiosk last night right beside the police station and got hacked up pretty good. It very safe up there. NOT! :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 8:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, like the guy who stopped at the petrol kiosk last night right beside the police station and got hacked up pretty good. It very safe up there. NOT! :roll:
Hi SMS, where did this happen?

I know a couple nights ago someone got attacked at the Mobil station in JB. Is this the same attack? He drove a bran new Mercedes, which is probably why he was targetted.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 9:34 pm

splatted,

Happened on Wednesday night at the Mobil petrol station next to the police station, just before the immigration checkpoint. It was about 3 a.m. and his wife had gone to a shop to buy some mags. He was getting into his 8 mo. old Honds Civic when he was attacked.

They caught it on CCTV but apparently they will still need him to help identify as the photo on the cctv is very grainy. The guy made of with the Honda.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:splatted,

Happened on Wednesday night at the Mobil petrol station next to the police station, just before the immigration checkpoint. It was about 3 a.m. and his wife had gone to a shop to buy some mags. He was getting into his 8 mo. old Honds Civic when he was attacked.

They caught it on CCTV but apparently they will still need him to help identify as the photo on the cctv is very grainy. The guy made of with the Honda.
That's strange. Either there were two attacks on one night or the paper we have here got it completely wrong.

Same night an attack, car was mercedes (actually a 6 month old, according to my OH reading the paper now), it was 4:20am, also at mobil, but the wife got out to buy 'disks'

As an aside, my OH mentioned a singaporean reporter was robbed last night at the JB hospital.

luxiana
Regular
Regular

Post by luxiana » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:28 pm

anyway: JB is not a safe place...

i tend to think Singapore is an exception ins the lanscape.
my website: free online game

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:34 pm

Splatted,

As noted in another thread, my info came from the front page of the Straits Times "Home" section this morning. (As it IS the Dire Straits who knows the truth for real) :?

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Recent crimes in Malaysia - dead Spore man in fridge

Post by sprite » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:10 am

Coldie wrote:I have given up and practice staying at home
How would someone practice staying at home?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 1:43 pm

The practice of staying home on Fridays nights started a number of years ago for me (gout sufferer). My son never practices any restraint from keeping late hours. I know it was probably just luck but what's wrong with her statement?

boyish1981

Re: Recent crimes in Malaysia - dead Spore man in fridge

Post by boyish1981 » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 5:59 am

It is not a wise thing to say that singapore is easier to control because the country is small.

For your info, if the malaysian government cannot even control the crime rate is KL, they are inept and ineffient.

There are many countries smaller than singapore and whose crime rate soared so high.

I have never met or encountered a country more racist and useless than the malaysian government. Therefore, I wont buy any properties or investments there. A racial riot will occur in malaysia within the next 50 years, no doubt about it. All the signs are there for a repeat of the May 13 riot in indonesia.
bendera wrote:Oh dear. i have to say that it feels like people are brainwashed here against traveling to Malaysia. I think people here have to remember that Singapore is smaller than Kuala Lumpur. It is a city country and hence much easier to control. Big brother is alive and well here.

Malaysia's crime rate has increased over the years but not to the point that you can't travel there. I go there often and lived there many years ago and practice the same common sense that I would anywhere.

I've recently moved here from England and that is a scary place!!! Paedophiles, rapists, pickpockets, etc... everywhere. I even had someone try and steal my hadbag from me while I was at the post office in England.

I've heard many people tell me how dangerous it is in Malaysia but it doesn't stop them crossing the border to take advantage of cheaper prices or take holidays there.

It is very safe and sterile in Singapore and many people do get complacent. As long as you are vigilent and don't go looking for trouble you'll be safe pretty much where ever you go.
A businessman looking for more friends. Single and outgoing. Singaporean. I am looking for nice people from any country to chat up with.