Singapore Expats

Tips for Successful Airline Interviews [My 2 Cents Worth]

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
BaByAyuIcE

Tips for Successful Airline Interviews [My 2 Cents Worth]

Post by BaByAyuIcE » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:03 am

ok.. juz some 2 cents worth of tips for successful airline interviews from mi.. for ur own readin pleasure.. :D

went before 3 interviews so far.. 2 sq and 1 silkair [bt i'm hopin to get into silkair instead of sq]. anyway.. from wat i've experienced so far.. although i failed all 3 times [bt the failures wun stop mi].. i guess wat they're lookin into.. is ur image and ur confidence lvl [from the way u tok and present urself]. also.. how much u love diz job and willin to put in for diz job.

for instance.. during grp interview.. if they ask u to do a self intro den good for u. tok abt why u wan to join sq/silkair [personally and not who and who motivated u.. ur who and who also in diz job blah blah]. dun say anything which is unrelated. remb dat diz job is into cust svc line so make use of diz pt. however.. if they shoot a direct open-ended qns on u which has no rite or wrong ans.. den good luck to u. itz based on hw u present urself liao. juz remb diz key word.. confidence. bt dun be too over-confident.. yah?

and image.. key word.. neat and tidy.. maybe plus smart. so for long hair galz.. maybe cn tie up or preferably bun up ur hair. also the most impt key point here.. SMILE! juz smile all the time lah.. i noe itz hard.. bt i tink smilin cn kip ur nervousness away.

ok.. nw here's wat i've extracted from a website [Little Dot Dot Academy Pte Ltd @ http://www.reddot.sg/star.html ]

Last edited by BaByAyuIcE on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:55 pm

hey..thats good tips..luckalso counts mah..hopefully won't waste my hard earned transport fee to the interview

they are looking for a person who is suitable for the position..maybe someone with a outgoing personality who talk a lot..i feel sad for those dying to get the positon but they are rejected...it is someting related to customer service...you just need the qualities of a waitress :P

BaByAyuIcE

Post by BaByAyuIcE » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 1:56 pm

yah.. indeed luck counts in as a factor too. bt den again.. itz best to kip ur ans to their qns short and sweet.. most imptly.. related. too long also no good. make u look as if u're a veri long-winded gal. not related will minus points.

still remb wat my cousin once said to mi abt air stewardess job.. "air stewardess no diff from waitress job loh. bt juz dat it makes u look more glamorous bcoz u will be servin on air not on land". :(
Last edited by BaByAyuIcE on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 3:09 pm

i suppose they ask the same question on both SIA interview day :lol: ...maybe those had the question already on saturday can share with us later and let us have a peek at the questions so it benefit others going on sunday...

for example. which country you want to visit? why? :?

BaByAyuIcE

Post by BaByAyuIcE » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 3:40 pm

eh.. i ever tio before diz qns during grp interview on one of my sq attempts.. "wat is ur priority if u were to assume the post of cabin crew? safety or service?" itz totally an open-ended qns wif no rite or wrong ans. really based on hw u present urself.

Floragalll

hi BaByAyuIcE

Post by Floragalll » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 5:09 pm

u mentioned that websites above..so did u sign up for the training course?because i just visted that website, then the course date has alreadi ended.
hi

BaByAyuIcE

Post by BaByAyuIcE » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 5:24 pm

haha. i din sign up for dat course lah. coz the time when i came to noe abt the website.. itz already over. anyway.. itz too exp.. no money to join leh.. unless someone is kind enuff to donate some money to my foundation? :lol: anyway.. do u intend to go for the interview tml or on sun?

Floragalll

hi

Post by Floragalll » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:51 pm

hi BaByAyuIcE

i am currently still studying in poly. they will see our education very strictly? because in secondary sch, i was in normal technical stream.so i don have any o level cer..bad enough my n level english was failed..so i don have any proper secondary sch cer..
hi

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hi

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:58 pm

Floragalll wrote:hi BaByAyuIcE

i am currently still studying in poly. they will see our education very strictly? because in secondary sch, i was in normal technical stream.so i don have any o level cer..bad enough my n level english was failed..so i don have any proper secondary sch cer..
if your diploma is higher, you can still pass..i fail my english os too

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:44 am

BaByAyuIcE wrote:eh.. i ever tio before diz qns during grp interview on one of my sq attempts.. "wat is ur priority if u were to assume the post of cabin crew? safety or service?" itz totally an open-ended qns wif no rite or wrong ans. really based on hw u present urself.
If you do you research properly, you don't need to be a cabin crew to know that safety comes first, then service. This is not an open-ended question. This question reflects on how much you understand about being a cabin crew.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 3:01 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
BaByAyuIcE wrote:eh.. i ever tio before diz qns during grp interview on one of my sq attempts.. "wat is ur priority if u were to assume the post of cabin crew? safety or service?" itz totally an open-ended qns wif no rite or wrong ans. really based on hw u present urself.
If you do you research properly, you don't need to be a cabin crew to know that safety comes first, then service. This is not an open-ended question. This question reflects on how much you understand about being a cabin crew.
yup i guess so too.. cos at the end of the day... you dun wan to be safe? hhaha

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 5:23 pm

to play safe,must at least have confidence during the 1st round..

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Tips for Successful Airline Interviews [My 2 Cents Worth

Post by Plavt » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 5:47 pm

BaByAyuIcE wrote:
You hardly need reddot to tell you that........

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 5:48 pm

singaporegrrl wrote: If you do you research properly, you don't need to be a cabin crew to know that safety comes first, then service. This is not an open-ended question. This question reflects on how much you understand about being a cabin crew.
Exactly; the sole reason flight attendants are employed is for safety, airlines are not obliged to provide them for any other reason.

BaByAyuIcE

Post by BaByAyuIcE » Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:52 pm

hey.. watever i hv typed and commented are really juz some of my personal views.. 2 cents worth.. dun bombard mi so hard.. yah? as i noe diff ppl hv diff perspectives diff opinions. so while some ppl may agree wif mi.. some ppl may not. ~ peace ~ :wink: :D

anyway.. during my silkair interview dat time.. during the 1-1 interview.. the interviewer asked mi if i've ever went before the sq interview.. i told her yes bt i'm out in the grp interview and she asked mi why i din get selected. i told her bcoz i din perform well enuff during the grp interview and she asked mi watz the qns. i told her the qns and she too said dat diz qns has no rite or wrong ans. :wink:
Last edited by BaByAyuIcE on Mon, 27 Aug 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.