Singapore Expats

Beach volleyball n chillin' at KM8 Sentosa SAT 25th Aug 1PM

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Post by bigdaddi » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:09 am

It seems a lot of you probably had way too much play time at volleyball that im still hearing a lot about injuries, cuts and bruises!

Shall i cancel and give you guys a week break?

Yeah right!!!! Volleyball is on this weekend, rain or shine!!!! Ive got 3 more sessions to plan till i go home so get tight with those who play so that you can arrange amongst yourselves to play in my absence. Nearer the time, ill leave a open thread with no date but just to say volleyball is one very single week and that should suffice till i get back.

Ok, players ...

Me,
Debs,
Bobby & co,
Fraser,
McDonalds,
Seafishes,
Keith

Those on the injured/sick list and may play ...

Maria,
Sudip
Last edited by bigdaddi on Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and live like there's no tomorrow!

MC Donalds

Post by MC Donalds » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 2:23 pm

I'll be there. Just switch off the rain a bit earlier this time, will you?

seafishes2

Post by seafishes2 » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 3:54 pm

I'll be there! rain or shine!

yeah, need some practice before beating you guys...soon! :wink: So I will be there on time this weekend.

" Ive got 3 more sessions to plan till i go home..."

Hi, Mark, do appreciate your efforts on organising the great activity every weekend consistantly. I enjoyed it and thank you for your kind encouragement as well... and don't leave us for too long :P

CEH

Post by CEH » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 9:01 pm

Bigdaddi wrote
Those on the injury list and may play ...

Maria,
Claire,
Keith,
Sudip

(in order of severity from mild to hardcore!)
Sorry I won't be playing this week because;
a) I think I ought to let the skin on my toe grow back first before I scrape it off again :o and
b) I don't actually have time this Sat anyway! :(

keith425
Regular
Regular

Post by keith425 » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 9:57 pm

im coming - sprain, scrapes and all. :D
CEH wrote:Bigdaddi wrote
Those on the injury list and may play ...

Maria,
Claire,
Keith,
Sudip

(in order of severity from mild to hardcore!)
Sorry I won't be playing this week because;
a) I think I ought to let the skin on my toe grow back first before I scrape it off again :o and
b) I don't actually have time this Sat anyway! :(

slm

Post by slm » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:37 pm

I'm coming too. btw, looks like we have inadvertently created 3 groups - players, chillers and injured. more and more people tend to move from the first one to the last one... :?
Perpetual optimism is annoying. It is a sign that you are not paying attention.

Nike

Post by Nike » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 1:04 am

Hey BigDaddi,

I will be there, rain or shine! Actually prefer the rain over the scorching sun rays anyday!

At least i wont get so badly burnt when it rains, and also i dun have to do the red indian dance (right foot down, left foot up, left foot down, right foot up) to avoid the soles of the feet getting burnt (when in stationery position) lol

:shock:

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Post by bigdaddi » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 9:46 am

slm wrote:I'm coming too. btw, looks like we have inadvertently created 3 groups - players, chillers and injured. more and more people tend to move from the first one to the last one... :?
Well, i think its cos people are getting better at the game and gaining more confidence so theyre more likely to injure themselves as they start throwing themselves around the court!

Players ....

Me,
Debs,
Bobby & co,
Fraser,
McDonalds,
Seafishes,
Keith,
Laco,
Nike

Those on the injured/sick list and may play ...

Maria,
Sudip
Nike wrote: At least i wont get so badly burnt when it rains, and also i dun have to do the red indian dance (right foot down, left foot up, left foot down, right foot up) to avoid the soles of the feet getting burnt (when in stationery position) lol
Thats one way of keeping you mobile! Anyway, remember the sand is only hot if you come early ... aint so hot at 5pm! LOL!
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and live like there's no tomorrow!

Mavrik23

Post by Mavrik23 » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 6:13 pm

I'm out this weekend, I'm off to Cambodia for the weekend. See you next weekend.
Adventure: The Pursuit of Life

Leela
Regular
Regular

Post by Leela » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 8:58 pm

bigdaddi wrote: Those on the injured/sick list and may play ...

Maria,
Sudip
Hey bigdaddi, you can remove me from the injured list. My bruises are almost healed and my cold is finally improving, so I intend to play. I might buy some wrist guards mind you.

:)

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Post by bigdaddi » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 9:14 pm

Leela wrote:
Hey bigdaddi, you can remove me from the injured list. My bruises are almost healed and my cold is finally improving, so I intend to play. I might buy some wrist guards mind you.

:)
Sure thing! I hope you're feeling better too ....

Me,
Debs,
Bobby & co,
Fraser,
McDonalds,
Seafishes,
Keith,
Laco,
Nike,
Maria,
Mani

I hear Sudip is in worst shape now so i guess he'll return to us when hes feeling better. Get well soon mate!!!!
Last edited by bigdaddi on Wed, 22 Aug 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

down_under
Regular
Regular

Post by down_under » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 9:25 am

Count me in mate.

Cheers...

mystic_amigo

Post by mystic_amigo » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:44 am

[quote="bigdaddi
I hear Sudip is in worst shape now so i guess he'll return to us when hes feeling better. Get well soon mate!!!![/quote]

Thanks Bigdaddi.
The heel/ankle is getting better but don't intend risking VB till next week, plus hectic travel plans over the next 2 weeks.

Hoping to be back in action soon.

Cheers
Mystic Amigo

jack101

Post by jack101 » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 2:09 pm

Hi -
New to Singapore and the forum. But really enjoy beach volleyball. What kind of format do you play? 2 on 2? Is it open for anyone to join? Any skill level ok?

Thanks,

Jak

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Post by bigdaddi » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 3:23 pm

jack101 wrote:Hi -
New to Singapore and the forum. But really enjoy beach volleyball. What kind of format do you play? 2 on 2? Is it open for anyone to join? Any skill level ok?

Thanks,

Jak
Hi mate!

Its normally full team of 6v6 but the numbers all depending on availability of numbers or the team size of challengers that we get. Beginners to experts so look for a bunch of us at the covered table right next to the court! Oh, we go regardless of rain or shine!