Singapore Expats

Whitening injection/drip

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 2:46 am

Anyone else here willing to share experiences on this?

I've tried many whitening mask and stuff but none works. Does injection of vit C really helps to lighten and brighten the complexion? Is it safe?

Would appreciate any reply! Thank you people!

kiara_tam

Re: price

Post by kiara_tam » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:44 am

[quote="septemberrr"]Hi Yen, care to share where you did it? Contacts, website, and is it a private doctor? Did you really experience an overall more even skin tone? TIA

[quote="yen2006"]Hi all,

I tried the vitamin c/drip in jan, quite good.

Going for another drip next week, paid rm1800 for 5 sessions.

abt sin $165 per session, a good deal hehe... :lol:[/quote][/quote]

Well I go to this clinic at Wheelock Place #05-11(www.drcalvinchan.com). They charge $1800 for 10 sessions or $200 per session. I'm on my 4th injection and i can see my skin is a lot fairer. But the doctor also prescribes a lightening bath soap (~$70)which i think helps a lot.

babyangel
Regular
Regular

Whitening Jab

Post by babyangel » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 4:49 pm

Hi Kiara,

Could i check is yours a Jab/Injection OR a Drip? If it is a drip, how long does it take?

Thanks.

pradaloves

Post by pradaloves » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 3:41 am

wats the difference between a drip and injection and which is better??

i wanted to do body whitening too!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:37 am

kalyn wrote:
I've tried many whitening mask and stuff but none works.
No really? :shock: now you should add up the cost of all that stuff and think about what a nice holiday you could have had.

If that stuff works do you think there will be any dark people left in this world (apart from white folks with tans)?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 2:27 pm

QRM wrote:
kalyn wrote:
No really? :shock: now you should add up the cost of all that stuff and think about what a nice holiday you could have had.

If that stuff works do you think there will be any dark people left in this world (apart from white folks with tans)?
my fren has been taking the sato hakubi c2 pills, widely discussed in the flowerpod forum. she's white as a sheet now, not pale tho... and if not wrong, pretty cheap in watson's
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 3:57 pm

aadvark wrote:
QRM wrote:
kalyn wrote:

my fren has been taking the sato hakubi c2 pills, widely discussed in the flowerpod forum. she's white as a sheet now, not pale tho... and if not wrong, pretty cheap in watson's
So ask yourself why is this not front page news?

If there was a product that actually work don't you think the whole world would know about it? there would be no more racism based on the colour of your skin.

How much easier would it have been for Obama to become president if he took the pills?

Is there any scientific proof they work? There are lots of pseudo journals written or paid for by cosmetics firms, but are there any tests carried out by well respected medical institutions, using placebo and a control environment to prove these work?

Not to mention the horrific side effects see

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/health ... be_deadly/

Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular

Post by Gypsy Queen » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 3:09 pm

As I am a non asian I will no doubt be very politically incorrect in this posting for sure, sorry! But why on earth would you want to poison your bodies with drips/cream/ solutions to make your skin white?? Do you not think of the damage that this may cause over the longer term to your liver etc that has to process these chemicals ??!
So curious to know what stems this 'being white obsession' here in Asia as it really is an obsession! Sorry guys! :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 6:36 pm

Gypsy Queen wrote:As I am a non asian I will no doubt be very politically incorrect in this posting for sure, sorry! But why on earth would you want to poison your bodies with drips/cream/ solutions to make your skin white?? Do you not think of the damage that this may cause over the longer term to your liver etc that has to process these chemicals ??!
So curious to know what stems this 'being white obsession' here in Asia as it really is an obsession! Sorry guys! :)
i think u guys overthink the reason for wanting to be fair, it's nothing to do with being caucasian.

it's something that's been going on since long ago in china, where fair maidens are seen to be from rich families, because they were cooped up at home out of the sun, compared to the tanned skin of the farmer girls

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 6:37 pm

I believe its comes from the fact that manual workers/laborer are always out in the sun and therefore brown. If you are that "been in a morgue fridge" colour then it shows you have the time and luxury of staying in doors all the time. Same theory applies to extra long nails and bound feet.

You can argue if you where a female Goth in a wheel chair your life may be better during the camel foot days?

There is also a sexual element to bound feet and I always thought it was the British public school system that started all these fetishes.

Its only a matter of time before the more educated Asians will see that whitening is as daft as Westerners risking skin cancer trying to get brown.

Tans are for the same reason but reversed if you are pale and white it means you are stuck in some dungeon like office,(the first world version of manual workers), but if you have the luxury of time and money you can jet off to exotic locations and as a result be brown. Caucasians can sleep easy knowing that they will eventually return back to white, can you imagine if you get a tan you stay dark? :shock: All the white folks will be in full on radiation suits. :lol:
Last edited by QRM on Fri, 07 Nov 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 6:38 pm

QRM wrote:
aadvark wrote:
QRM wrote: No really? :shock: now you should add up the cost of all that stuff and think about what a nice holiday you could have had.

So ask yourself why is this not front page news?

If there was a product that actually work don't you think the whole world would know about it? there would be no more racism based on the colour of your skin.

How much easier would it have been for Obama to become president if he took the pills?

Is there any scientific proof they work? There are lots of pseudo journals written or paid for by cosmetics firms, but are there any tests carried out by well respected medical institutions, using placebo and a control environment to prove these work?

Not to mention the horrific side effects see

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/health ... be_deadly/
i dun think i read any newspapers where whitening pills make the front page, regardless they work or not... ok, granted, i do read the new paper sometimes :P

if the stuff works, there will be no racism? that's assuming everybody wants to be white, i rather keep my asian tan.

some ppl wanna be fair, hence you have whitening procedures/pills; some wanna be tanned, hence tanning salons. why is race being dragged into this simple topic of whitening?

side-issue, with bush as a predecessor, i guess it din matter what colour the next prez is

Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular

Post by Gypsy Queen » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:03 am

aadvark wrote:
Gypsy Queen wrote:As I am a non asian I will no doubt be very politically incorrect in this posting for sure, sorry! But why on earth would you want to poison your bodies with drips/cream/ solutions to make your skin white?? Do you not think of the damage that this may cause over the longer term to your liver etc that has to process these chemicals ??!
i think u guys overthink the reason for wanting to be fair, it's nothing to do with being caucasian.

it's something that's been going on since long ago in china, where fair maidens are seen to be from rich families, because they were cooped up at home out of the sun, compared to the tanned skin of the farmer girls
I never thought it was anything to do with being caucasian although enough plastic surgery is had to give more caucasian features here in asia, more so as was written in a following posting about the hierachy of wealth/manual labour exposing your social status. As this is seriously something from the significant past, I am amazed that it is still viewed so importantly. And I dont think alll caucasians go on holiday JUST to get a suntan, but more so to relax and have time away from work and if they come back a little sunkissed, so be it, it is a lot less harming in moderation then applying toxic, chemical creams!

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 12:25 pm

Gypsy Queen wrote:I never thought it was anything to do with being caucasian although enough plastic surgery is had to give more caucasian features here in asia, more so as was written in a following posting about the hierachy of wealth/manual labour exposing your social status. As this is seriously something from the significant past, I am amazed that it is still viewed so importantly. And I dont think alll caucasians go on holiday JUST to get a suntan, but more so to relax and have time away from work and if they come back a little sunkissed, so be it, it is a lot less harming in moderation then applying toxic, chemical creams!
Yes, the roots of it might be ancient and somehow it has been passed down and is still somehow relevant to some people. Why? I don't think people really want to go into deep and meaningful anthropological discussions here... If significant mass of people retain that view and pass it on, not such a strange thing that the next generation learn to accept that, is it? I think the point Aadvark is trying to make is that a lot of Asian people have always value being fair, since ages ago, since before any eyes were laid on Caucasians. I know, shocking isn't it?

And I am sick of hearing the "plastic surgery to look more Caucasian view"... Yes, there are some Asians who specifically go for plastic surgery to look more Caucasian/Eurasian but those people are the special people who are a very small minority. But hey, extra "special" people exist in any culture/race (check out the wiggers). I think people go for plastic surgery to look like a better version of themselves mostly, no matter what race they are.

Popular Asian cosmetic surgery procedures are blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty and zygoma reduction. You can argue that all those procedures are to look more Caucasian but I disagree because:

-Blepharoplasty: about 50% of Asians have double eyelids and some of the other 50% just wants to look like the 50% that have them.

-Rhinoplasty: most just wants a more defined nose tip and to narrow their alar base. Google for pictures of some Asian celebrities; how many of them actually have "Caucasian noses". They want an aesthetic Asian nose which do exist in some Asians naturally. No, they don't sit on the same pedestal as the unicorns and dragons.

-Zygoma reduction: Caucasians like strong cheekbones; Asians don't, they elect to have them reduced.

And I think a lot of those women who are applying mercury laden creams aren't aware of how dangerous they are. It's not like "mmm, mmm, mmm, mercury! It might kill me but I'll be fair!" If they do know, they might not do it after all. But hey, humanity's stupidity always astounds me. From crazy dark skinned people slathering on mercury creams to seeing char siew coloured naked people slathering on Banana Boat on beaches....

I think it is more shocking that agencies aren't doing what they can to help them after such a damning report.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

wannabepretty18

Post by wannabepretty18 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 1:41 am

Thank you feline.chatter for putting it across so eloquently! It really annoys me when Caucasians say that Asians who have plastic surgery are purely doing it to look 'Western'. For most part, I believe that isn't true.

Similar to this whitening thing - in the past being fair was a highly sought after trait because it suggested one came from a rich family. (Rich people = laze in their huge mansions all day with no tan while poor people - peasants or farmers = slaving under the hot sun therefore becoming tan). While Caucasians may are genetically paler than Asians. Asians wanting to be paler actually makes a lot of sense in view of the Asian culture.

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

satisfied with whitening jab!

Post by gotta_think » Sun, 03 May 2009 2:19 am

im a satisfied with whitening jab :) im using glutathione and vitamin c as my regime. good thing that beauty is now affordable! :)

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”