Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
prettyface07

Re: Korea

Post by prettyface07 » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 2:42 pm

Jang wrote:
prettyface07 wrote:
who wrote:foubelle,

you are right goretex does have pores. BUT, BOTH your bone cells, and skin cells will grow into it... meaning if you need to remove it, you must separate it from the bone and the skin that have grown into it... which many doctors say is impossible over a long period of time.

Silicone, if place properly, SHOULD NOT be able to move. Mine most certainly doesn't! If it did, I would take it out immediately. Silicone will be encapsulated in your nose, and with a good doctor, it generally will not be mobile or shift.

After 2 weeks of sleeping on one's back, you can go back to side, etc... also it's not as fragile as everybody makes it sound to be.
Hi who,

That means goretex is a better choice!
I have plan to do Rhinoplasty & Epi or double eyelid,Target place Korea.
Do you all know which doctor is better DR Jung or Kim.
Pls advise
I will be going for consultation to both doctors with my gal friends.
They also interested in plastic surgery.

Thanks
Faces
Hi Face,

When you will be going to korea?
Me & my PS buddies also will be going there this winter.

If the timing you gal are going same like ours, maybe we can meet up there after our surgery :D
We hv 6 of us in total to get our surgery done by Dr Kim :)
Jang,

I will be going to Korea in Oct for business trip in the same time to visit this two Dr Kim & Jung.

actually I think Dr Jung will be better cause he is using Gore-tex.

Thanks
Faces
Wish to be in beauty heaven

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 2:57 pm

well pple argue that silicon is ok if placed correctly and done by a skilled surgeon, but i don't think so. so many people who have undergone rhino using silicon resulted in fake looking noses. look at taiwan artistes, look at dawnyang, look at carol cheng(? the one in oh carol) they all have a distinctive ''white shadow/line'' down their noses. esp under bright lightings. IMO it looks horrible! and if you want a so called natural one with 3 mm increase in height, maybe it will not be like that, idk, but then the enhancement will be insignificant u might end up cursing your surgeon. most surgeons in thailand discourage Goretex cause removal of it requires a certain level of skill and that, is undeniable that they are inferior as compared to korean surgeons. take dr sukit, he does ONLY silicon I implants, and strongly discourages alarplasty. personally feel that goretex for the bridge and nose/ear cartilage for the tip is best.(except for diff removal). :)
Cry when you get ripped.

grumpy99

Post by grumpy99 » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 4:40 pm

Hello, I have a silicone implant and I don't think it's fake looking leh. I have stood under very bright studio lighting to look at myself but I don't see any shadow.

The thing is, all these stars have their noses worked on, and yes their noses may look a bit fake. But what about other stars with very nice noses that don't look fake – how do we know it's silicone or not? Maybe they have silicone implants too but it's just a job well done or their skin could take silicone better?

To be honest, I look at Dawn Yang and Carol Cheng and I don't see any distinctive shadow. I think most people don't know the difference and won't be staring at your nose (unless they're very into plastic surgery) if you're not a star or have your face on a magazine cover.

And also, for the average person like me who has done plastic surgery or who is considering it, I think most people just want to enhance their looks, not to change it. So, in a way, a 3mm implant is enough. Anything more can really change the entire contours of your face and you may not be prepared for your new look!

I've had a 3mm implant and now I'm still trying to get used to it although it's looking very nice. Simply because you will look so different!
takuda wrote:well pple argue that silicon is ok if placed correctly and done by a skilled surgeon, but i don't think so. so many people who have undergone rhino using silicon resulted in fake looking noses. look at taiwan artistes, look at dawnyang, look at carol cheng(? the one in oh carol) they all have a distinctive ''white shadow/line'' down their noses. esp under bright lightings. IMO it looks horrible! and if you want a so called natural one with 3 mm increase in height, maybe it will not be like that, idk, but then the enhancement will be insignificant u might end up cursing your surgeon. most surgeons in thailand discourage Goretex cause removal of it requires a certain level of skill and that, is undeniable that they are inferior as compared to korean surgeons. take dr sukit, he does ONLY silicon I implants, and strongly discourages alarplasty. personally feel that goretex for the bridge and nose/ear cartilage for the tip is best.(except for diff removal). :)

Jang
Regular
Regular

Re: Korea

Post by Jang » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 5:02 pm

Hi face,

Different timing, as we will be there in early Nov.

Will be doing it on this trip after you decide?
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 7:33 pm

grumpy99 wrote:Hello, I have a silicone implant and I don't think it's fake looking leh. I have stood under very bright studio lighting to look at myself but I don't see any shadow.

The thing is, all these stars have their noses worked on, and yes their noses may look a bit fake. But what about other stars with very nice noses that don't look fake – how do we know it's silicone or not? Maybe they have silicone implants too but it's just a job well done or their skin could take silicone better?

To be honest, I look at Dawn Yang and Carol Cheng and I don't see any distinctive shadow. I think most people don't know the difference and won't be staring at your nose (unless they're very into plastic surgery) if you're not a star or have your face on a magazine cover.

And also, for the average person like me who has done plastic surgery or who is considering it, I think most people just want to enhance their looks, not to change it. So, in a way, a 3mm implant is enough. Anything more can really change the entire contours of your face and you may not be prepared for your new look!

I've had a 3mm implant and now I'm still trying to get used to it although it's looking very nice. Simply because you will look so different!
takuda wrote:well pple argue that silicon is ok if placed correctly and done by a skilled surgeon, but i don't think so. so many people who have undergone rhino using silicon resulted in fake looking noses. look at taiwan artistes, look at dawnyang, look at carol cheng(? the one in oh carol) they all have a distinctive ''white shadow/line'' down their noses. esp under bright lightings. IMO it looks horrible! and if you want a so called natural one with 3 mm increase in height, maybe it will not be like that, idk, but then the enhancement will be insignificant u might end up cursing your surgeon. most surgeons in thailand discourage Goretex cause removal of it requires a certain level of skill and that, is undeniable that they are inferior as compared to korean surgeons. take dr sukit, he does ONLY silicon I implants, and strongly discourages alarplasty. personally feel that goretex for the bridge and nose/ear cartilage for the tip is best.(except for diff removal). :)

so happy for you that 3mm is sufficient, maybe u had a good nose to start with. i dont know, but i find carol cheng and dawn yang's nose disturbing(maybe after i read more about rhino), or is it the quality of the silicon? urs is a well job done, we have to say, but we cannot deny that there are weird and awkard looking white shadows(and they was someone in this forum who even said silicon CHANGES into different colours). but well, since it is the more popular choice against gortex, i guess it should be quite alright, afterall, it can be removed easily. :)
Cry when you get ripped.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 8:37 pm

I do think goretex is most likely safe for longterm. But, there is one undeniable fact. Over a long period of time, it is hard to remove. I know MANY doctors here in the US that will not touch you or consider you if they know you want goretex removal.
It is absolutely impossible to not remove the patients own bone cells and skin cells after they have grown into the microscopic pores.

Silicone does not look fake! Mine certainly doesn't under any light.... and it's an L by dr. Chuang! Nobody knows including Korean people... including a plastic surgery clinic I went to later for them to see my eyes!
Of course, I only did add 3 mm but that actually changes your face A LOT!

wasadeha,
I think some of the things that the doctors said reeked of inexperience.
Another interesting fact, is when i asked abt Rib cartilage, the Professor said paitenets shd be at least 40 yrs old or the cartilage will be too weak.

Anyway all Surgeons recommended Silicone(tho they do have gortex)

I personally seen gortex and its really like Styro form. It really looks weak.

its also hard to mould.

I think other than feeling soft and giving a natural feel if one shd touch the nose, it gives little definition and thus result.

It seems like Silicone is the tried and tested material and is still regarded as the best choice for now altho i still find it hard?( anyone feel this way too?)

ANYONE KNOWS OF A MATERIAL that can give good definiton while remaining soft?

Also, some dr recommended me to do the implant first b4 doing anything else. They say that doing a few procedures simultaneously, is not ideal as you cannot predict how the nose will settle down after the implant??
I agree with some things that they said... but only put and implant and wait for it to settle down? Of course a good doctor can predict what it will be like! 40 years old? I have never heard of this from any docs... American ones, taiwan ones, Korean.... I think there is something wrong here.

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Hi Guys

Post by kwelll » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:46 pm

Hi Guys....

Did I miss much? Any news? LOL

BTW, for those of you who have had medphor as chin implant, how is it different from silicone and any good?

Kwell

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:50 pm

who wrote:I do think goretex is most likely safe for longterm. But, there is one undeniable fact. Over a long period of time, it is hard to remove. I know MANY doctors here in the US that will not touch you or consider you if they know you want goretex removal.
It is absolutely impossible to not remove the patients own bone cells and skin cells after they have grown into the microscopic pores.

Silicone does not look fake! Mine certainly doesn't under any light.... and it's an L by dr. Chuang! Nobody knows including Korean people... including a plastic surgery clinic I went to later for them to see my eyes!
Of course, I only did add 3 mm but that actually changes your face A LOT!

wasadeha,
I think some of the things that the doctors said reeked of inexperience.
Another interesting fact, is when i asked abt Rib cartilage, the Professor said paitenets shd be at least 40 yrs old or the cartilage will be too weak.

Anyway all Surgeons recommended Silicone(tho they do have gortex)

I personally seen gortex and its really like Styro form. It really looks weak.

its also hard to mould.

I think other than feeling soft and giving a natural feel if one shd touch the nose, it gives little definition and thus result.

It seems like Silicone is the tried and tested material and is still regarded as the best choice for now altho i still find it hard?( anyone feel this way too?)

ANYONE KNOWS OF A MATERIAL that can give good definiton while remaining soft?

Also, some dr recommended me to do the implant first b4 doing anything else. They say that doing a few procedures simultaneously, is not ideal as you cannot predict how the nose will settle down after the implant??
I agree with some things that they said... but only put and implant and wait for it to settle down? Of course a good doctor can predict what it will be like! 40 years old? I have never heard of this from any docs... American ones, taiwan ones, Korean.... I think there is something wrong here.
Hmmm, not sure abt how lag the thai Dr's are compared to their counterparts in korea or the US.

I asked the opinon of gortex from 5 surgeons and all said they give little definition and are instable ; they dont hold their shape indefinitely

but these comments are from the top Surgeons here with at least 20 yrs experience in the field avg and some are world renowned?

The asian thicked skin and the stiffer silicone are ideal combo IMHO.

astrogirl
Regular
Regular

Post by astrogirl » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:13 am

Just curious here, I'm not pro silicone or goretex...............

If skin cells and bone? grows in and around the goretex implant because it is porous, how would the surgeon remove the implant in the future? (years down the road)
Wouldn't the goretex implant and the rest of the nose area of the face have become one; or rather part of the skin and flesh of the face by then?
astrogirl

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 1:51 am

Astrogirl,

I read several accounts (from a Canadian forum) that when goretex was removed, it took out small chunks of their nose bone and flesh with it... resulting in a mishapened nose.

Wasadeha,

You may be right... I can't say what is right and what is wrong. Afterall, they are doctors, and I'm not... and it seems that many medical papers say opposite things regarding nose implants.

It's not an easy choice. Thanks for sharing your information, by the way.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 2:11 am

i always hear about the white shadow/light for silicone, just wondering how it comes about?

The silicone implant is white that's true, but it's placed under the cartilage (our natural soft bone found at nose, and ears) and moreover there's skin covering our nose, so how does this white light come about?

could it be that some people's skin around the nose are thinner? hence the translucency allows light to reflect off the white implant? Or do some surgeons place the implant over the cartilage rather than underneath it?

cos the white shadow phenomenon sounds very odd to me scientifically... unless the silicone implant is glowing from within our noses, it doesn't really make any sense...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 5:08 am

Aardvark,

i asked this to dr. Chuang when I saw him for consult. He said it was a combination of reasons. One: thin skin, two:too large of an implant.

However, if your skin is deemed too thin by the doctor, there are flesh colored silicone that does not give this "white light."

Coby

Gore-tex

Post by Coby » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 6:24 am

Hi all,
Junt wanna share some info here. I've just asked 2 Prof. who did research on Gore-tex and had their reports published on Pubmed. Special thanks to Dr. M and professor GG:

"I have not seen increasing problems with goretex in the longer term. Once it has become stable I suspect it stays that way. If a problem is going to occur it seems to occur soon after placement, especially in large unstable cases where the risks are increased. Many doctors still use goretex today with safety provided all precautions are taken.

As far as I am aware the material should last a lifetime" (Dr. Mendelsohn).

"We are in the process of reporting the next 7 year experience, and the indications are that the infection or complication rates are no different, perhaps less. Soft tissue ingrowth occurs across the entire goretex patch as far as I know. There is no resorption of the product over time" (Grant S. G, MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine).

Yeah, that's it. I forgot to ask exactly how long have Gore-tex been used in PS , and don't wanna bother them too much :P Anyone knows? I read that it's been used to treat cardiovascular disease for 20 years. Then, ppl started using it in PS.

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 9:53 am

hey tks for sharing, i think gortex is safe but i think the qn is its ability to provide gd definition.

The Thai Drs told me that they all stopped using gortex for this reason.

Does anyone have supporting doc on this?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:08 am

who wrote:Aardvark,

i asked this to dr. Chuang when I saw him for consult. He said it was a combination of reasons. One: thin skin, two:too large of an implant.

However, if your skin is deemed too thin by the doctor, there are flesh colored silicone that does not give this "white light."
so this means that the white light doesn't apply to everyone who used a silicone implant?
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF