Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

DR SOMOS KUNACHAK and Dr. Pacharapong Patrasinsuntorn

Post by WAsadeha » Wed, 15 Aug 2007 9:15 pm

FlyingMice wrote:
WAsadeha wrote:Hey guys jus wondering, for Rhinoplasty,

Is Dr Preechar from PAI better, Dr Somsak or Dr. Amorn Poomee
Im having the same question in my mind too. Im still doing my research...
Hey, have u heard abt this clinic called TOKAI? by Dr. Pacharapong Patrasinsuntorn

and

DR SOMOS KUNACHAK from YOSKARN CLINIC?

Both their websites look promising

grumpy99

My experience at Wish Clinic/Dr Chuang

Post by grumpy99 » Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I just came back from Taipei from a nose and chin surgery with Dr Chuang of Wish Clinic, and I have to say I'm extremely happy with my results.

I didn't go to him with any photos or tell him exactly what I wanted (cos I don't really know), but just told him to do whatever he has to do to give me a more refined, elegant but natural nose and profile that suits my face.

Here's a short report:

Pre-surgery: Went to see Dr Chuang and he looked at my face and said he'll give me a slightly higher bridge (I don't really have any) with a silicone implant, decrease the roundness and bulk of my nose, and give my chin a Medpor implant to make it sharper.
Day 1: Underwent general anaesthesia then surgery at 4pm. Woke up near midnight and went back to hotel in a taxi. My nose and chin were taped up but there's no nasal packing.
Day 2 to 3: Head feels heavy, nose stuffy but very little bleeding. The bleeding is more like a teeny weeny bit of blood in my nasal mucus. Chin tender and swollen, but on the whole, you feel some discomfort and puffiness but no pain.
Day 4: Already feeling normal and went back to clinic for check-up and to pull off tape. Can wash my face already.
Day 5 to 6: Stitches on the alar groove of my nose started falling off already. Healing very well and drank lots of water. Did not take any Sinecch, only vitamin C.
Day 7: Went back clinic to remove stitches on inside of nose. Nose still stuffy but clearing up day by day.
Day 8 to Day 10: High and swollen nose bridge kept going down, but shape of nose tip already quite defined already. Chin a bit swollen but can see the sharpness very clearly already. No more stuffy nose.
Day 12 (today): Nose bridge still very high, but swell going down more already. Still can't smile a broad smile or laugh too hard cos skin and muscles around the nose and chin still a bit tight. But it's getting better day by day.

In general, my impression of Dr Chuang is:
- He has excellent bedside manners. Very gentle, friendly, cares to explain what he's going to do.
- His nurses are wonderful. Very attentive, reassuring and careful with their needles and even drawing of blood and putting in the IV drip are almost painless.
- His clinic is bright, modern and well equipped. Does not lose out to the best Singapore clinics in any way.
- His skill is excellent. Even on the first day after surgery, I can't see the stitches on my alar groove, can only see a thin line of stitches at the bottom (in the centre) of my nose. The incision on the sides of my nose is so close to the skin and the stitching is so fine and meticulous that you can't tell I've had my nose operated on. That's why I healed so fast.
- He said my surgery will take about 4.5 hours. But he actually spent 5.5 to 6 hours on me – a very long time. It shows he doesn't do a quick, chop-chop job.
- Today, the 12th day, the scar on the bottom of my nose is almost invisible. There is NO scar on the two sides of my nose, looks like my normal facial groove. My nose has a gentle ski-slope curve down to a slightly round but delicate tip. My chin is sharper, making my originally broad and round face longer and more refined. A friend even said because of the more delicate nose and sharp chin, I now look younger. I'm very impressed and surprised, cos I always hear that a sharper nose will make you look older. I think it's really about the balance of your face, and if plastic surgery is done correctly, you can look your best and it may mean making you look younger and fresher.

If you're going for plastic surgery soon, I recommend:
- Going with someone who can take care of you. After you wake up, you'll be groggy and can't really walk properly. Even back in the hotel on the 1st and 2nd days, you'll feel in a daze and it's really important to have someone there to feed you, give you water and cold pack.
- Prepare lots of soft, cold foods like jellies and yoghurts. You can barely open your mouth after chin surgery, and will need to be on this semi-liquid diet for at least 2 to 3 days. Have lots of small spoons and straws.
- I bathed on the 3rd night, cos I couldn't stand it. You can wash your body first, then put your head upside down into the bathtub and run the shower over it. This way, you avoid getting your face wet. Believe me, you'll feel much, much better after a quick bath. And in a way, feeling good will help you heal fast and well. Bathing will not affect your healing or cause scarring as long as the doctor says it's okay to wash your face already. You really need to keep your skin clean for it to heal nicely.
- Everybody heals differently, so don't worry too much. You can ask Dr Chuang all the "what if" and "what will happen" questions but it'll not be possible to know exactly how you'll feel and what will happen after the surgery. If you've chosen to see Dr Chuang, I say you'll be in very good hands.

That's all! PM me if you want to ask more questions!

Grumpy

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:31 am

hey grumpy, mind telling us how much you spend in all and giving us a breakdown of the price?

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:56 am

grumpy,

Do you know if you got the L or the I implant?

I got the L with Dr. Chuang, and like my nose a lot too. It only gets A LOT prettier in the next three months... actually, mine is still getting prettier and it is almost 4 months. It sounds like you are a fast healer... as my nose tip was really big for the first month... much larger than before surgery...

Congrats!!! and enjoy!

grumpy99

My experience at Wish Clinic/Dr Chuang

Post by grumpy99 » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 1:43 am

Hi, I got the I implant. My nose tip has enough cartilage for him to rework, so no need for L.

Actually, would like to ask you how much your nose bridge had gone down by? Today's 12th day and my nose bridge is still quite obvious and high. I know it'll go down, but I really don't know how long it'll take. Can you give me a rough prediction?

Now my nose bridge looks a bit like Fergie's (of Black Eye Peas) – a bit too high, thick, and unsightly. The rest of my nose is perfect though!

Thanks and I so can't wait to see my final nose!
who wrote:grumpy,

Do you know if you got the L or the I implant?

I got the L with Dr. Chuang, and like my nose a lot too. It only gets A LOT prettier in the next three months... actually, mine is still getting prettier and it is almost 4 months. It sounds like you are a fast healer... as my nose tip was really big for the first month... much larger than before surgery...

Congrats!!! and enjoy!

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 1:54 am

hi Grumpy99

congrats!
can feel the good vibes just by reading your post! haha
i am so envious!
i have been feeling restless and not sure what to do
my problem is i seems to be swayed by so many things
plus my savings juz never get where i want
well anyway u sound really satisfied
i m so happy as well :lol:
happy news is always more infectious
many thanks for posting back!

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 2:20 am

grumpy,

I am convinced that everyone heals so differently.

For me, my tip was horrible until two months later after the operation. For the bridge height, it settled into its final look at 7 days... for the thickness (width) of the bridge to come back to normal was 3 weeks...

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 2:42 am

hi who

was wondering if one do the eyes at the same time the swell will be longer?
did u do ur eyes together?

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 3:21 am

candall,

I did nose and epicanthy with Dr. Chuang, as I had double eyelid already... well the epicanthy made my double eyelid lower.. and then later in the States, I did my eyes.

However, I don't think it makes you swollen longer if you do the two together.

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 4:14 am

hey guys when u all do your tip, do you use cartilage from your ear or nose?

After 2 weeks, does your nose look fake or swollen?

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 4:40 am

After only 2 weeks, it's definitely going to be swollen.

I had L silicone implant. but Dr. Chuang said that there is cartilage on the top at the tip??... But, the cartilage definitely had to have come from my nose.

Regular
Regular

Post by 244522 » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 5:38 am

Does Dr Chuang use gortex for nose? If so, why so many forumners are choosing silicon.

Then does dr chuang silicon nose look fake?

I am really scare that the nose will look fake after some time, like Jolin's nose.

keropijennifer

nose job

Post by keropijennifer » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 6:33 am

Hey Kwell!
I've been reading a lot of ur posts and u seem to really know ur stuff...Im interested in going to DREAM Clinic cause I think they do goretex via closed method...altho il have to confirm that later. I have a slight wide nasal dorsum and cause of that, my nose looks flat fm the front view, even tho it's not flat, which ul see when u look at my nose fm the side view. The sound of an osteotomy scares me and I wd just prefer a small (2mm cause my nose is actually not that bad) inplant which I hope will then make my nose look less wide (it's all relative i suppose). In ur experience, do u think that getting a slight augmentation is sufficient? Im not expecting the perfect nose, I just want the new nose to look better than now. But I have heard that unless I do an osteotomy, increasing the height wont make my nose look any better?? :D

ellin18
Regular
Regular

Dr Chuang

Post by ellin18 » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:30 am

Hi Grumpy!!

Glad that you make it. I have exactly the same procedures as you. Rhino and Medphor. I went to see Dr Chuang on 9th July.

I wish you have a speedy recovery!!

Cheers!!

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:40 pm

I'm intending to go thailand on nov/dec for alarplasty with Dr Nara. Does anyone did ps with him before?